ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 Facebook gone very slow

As above , i'm on the latest updates for both App and iPhone , it just seems to have gone really slow all of a sudden.

Anybody else having problems/got any answers?

Thanks

Bus w**ker
The apps not worked for me for months now, but then I'm on iOS5b7 so that's probably to blame.

I just use the webapp instead, doesn't have all the feature of the app but it's quick and I can post inane s**t when I want so it does the job.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The apps not worked for me for months now, but then I'm on iOS5b7 so that's probably to blame.

I just use the webapp instead, doesn't have all the feature of the app but it's quick and I can post inane s**t when I want so it does the job.

I'm on the GM iOS5 and its knackered. Facebook freezes constantly, the trick is to log out and in every couple of hours and leave it logged out over night. Works fine then.

Facebook app is shite. They've changed it so it's more web-based so they don't have to go to Apple with their updates. The result is that their app is full of bugs and rarely actually works.

Been the same for ages.

AK

M240i
Facebook app is s**te. They've changed it so it's more web-based so they don't have to go to Apple with their updates. The result is that their app is full of bugs and rarely actually works.

Been the same for ages.

I did wonder when the whole layout changed without me actually accepting an update in the App Store.

Bus w**ker
I'm on the GM iOS5 and its knackered. Facebook freezes constantly, the trick is to log out and in every couple of hours and leave it logged out over night. Works fine then.

I'll give it a blast tonight and try tomorrow, ta. I have deleted and reinstalled the app which fixes it - for 30 minutes.

It fixed itself when they rolled out the new top stories thing but then timeline rolled out to dev accounts (which I have) and it died again. Piece of s**t.

Yeah there's a new app out and it's 100x better than the old s**t

Downside is I think every iPad user in the world was on facebook today with the new app and it ground to a halt lol

Did what you said jd and it froze so did the recovery thingy with the two buttons, now it's stuck in recovery mode! Tried connecting to itunes, and it says that the phone is stuck in recovery mode doing the connect and hold down home button, then won't do anything.

Can anybody help?

RB One Eight Two
Mine won't even turn on, just gets stuck on the apple logo. Think it might meet mr wall soon.

Mine did exactly the same this morning. It was hanging on the apple logo for a good 45 minutes. Give it time it will sort itself out. The update is very good, it actually works.

dk

911 GTS Cab
There's another version been released tonight I think, I was using the new version and it's just got me to download another with today's date.

When I removed the old one earlier, my phone froze and I had to reset it with home and off button.
Someone else I know has a phone stuck in recovery mode after trying to update too.

Bus w**ker
4.0.1? or 4.0?

4.0, theres an update available for me to 4.0.1 but I'm not in a rush to upgrade as I'm enjoying having a working Facebook app for a change. I'll probably upgrade tonight and hope for the best.

Just had to do a full restore on mine, then went from the last bsack up point. Lost a few photos and numbers, but nothing too serious.

The new app is actually pretty good.