ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  57 Clio Campus Sport
I agree, however when your phone isn't working as it should, the negatives out way the positives.

The same as having a car you love, but that one dent/scratch/fault is enough for you to give up hope, especially when you feel the manufacturer aren't doing their best to sort it so early on.

That's my opinion anyway.

Ditto

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
haters.jpg

The wife is picking me up a bumper from the Apple store at The Mall today, so will see if it improves the signal before this update comes out.

Lou

My hand has been covering the left side for about 5mins. No loss of reception at all!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 29
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Lou that's because your gorgeous :) is there a jailbreak for the 4? I want to update my software but like it jailbroken

I would leave it for now fella, theres that new update coming out soon to fix signal issues which will require a new jailbreak again, so you might aswell wait til then rather than have to f**k about with it twice

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
The new software though will still knock out the 4.0 jailbreak if you update to it (probs 4.1) as they will need to redo the jb like they did when 3.0 went to 3.1 after the first few weeks after release.

LY 200
How long did you people charge your handset before use?

I know most phones are 24 hours but i cant see that it says it needs a pre charge before use?

On another note the f*****s have cut my original sim off already so i really need to get this one registered and up and running quickly but the sales adviser at o2 said the registration can take upto 24 hours? :S

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
How long did you people charge your handset before use?

I know most phones are 24 hours but i cant see that it says it needs a pre charge before use?

On another note the f**kers have cut my original sim off already so i really need to get this one registered and up and running quickly but the sales adviser at o2 said the registration can take upto 24 hours? :S

mine took about an hour mate

Mini Cooper S
Got mine today (sheep) it's a superb bit of kit makes the 3GS look cheap my old sim went off straight away got home and within 10mins was up and running!! No signal issues as yet!

Nashy

Used the camera and video today. Quite impressed. At least it also loads back to the camera screen quickly so you can take another sooner!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Used the camera and video today. Quite impressed. At least it also loads back to the camera screen quickly so you can take another sooner!

I also noticed this.
You can take LOADS of pics VERY quickly!

LY 200
Had a little play with the camera and sync'd my tunes etc to it which was very quick but i cant help but after an hour think its still just a phone! lol

I dont know what i was expecting but the novelty has already worn off.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Had a little play with the camera and sync'd my tunes etc to it which was very quick but i cant help but after an hour think its still just a phone! lol

I dont know what i was expecting but the novelty has already worn off.

It may be 'a phone', but honestly its soo much more once you get in to it. the Apps, etc.

For example, I am just about to post this vid in to the thread 'your iMovie's', but will also post it here to show what kind of things you can do...

don't forget to click 720P ;)

[YOUTUBE]LJ2yASW7lm0[/YOUTUBE]

Golf R/Leon FR
is anyone else getting problems with Visual Voicemail? Everytime i set it up and save the settings, next time i turn the phone off and on it asks me to set it up all over again.

Yes, mine does this every time I either remove the apps from the multi task bar or turn it off/sync it.

LY 200
Have a search through the AppStore Jay, that's where it excels.

Never bought an app in the 19 months i had my 3g mate but i think i will have a look to see what all the fuss is about on this one.

In side note anyone know the easisest way of erasing all my tunes from my 3g before passing it on?

LY 200
Not really as when i got my 3g it was the only phone capable of storing over 2000 tunes which meant i didnt need to carry an ipod and phone around with me....Its a two in one if you like!

It also wasnt bad at surfing the web, something no other phone did that well 19 months ago to my knowledge.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
is there an unlock for the 4 yet? mate of mine is getting one through his brother who is on 3.... but my mate is on orange and is now worrying like a b**ch he wont be able to use it?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
no unlock available as of yet, i dont think we will see one or a jailbreak for that matter anytime before the release of iOS 4.0.1 (or 4.1 whichever it may be)

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i wasnt really after a jb... was more of an unlock... he called 3 and they said they can do it for 15 quid... so he gonna do that i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.