ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's arrived. Quick question. Do I need to do the old charge for 12 hours trick? It's showing full battery so guessing not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

182 Full of Fat
lol Apples explanation is pathetic tbh. Tbh only upgraded because I loved the sleek finish of it, now it's covered by a bumper cover to solve a "software error" :/

If it's "software error" and just visual (by how many bars are shown), then why would a call drop/a cover increase the signal lol A 5 year old kid could see through that.

Not slitting my wrists over the issue (only 1 call dropped) but surely they should just admit that a few of their batches were fubared. They should know the model numbers of the ones which are "broken" and just be able to send a re-call on those.

Clio 182 cup'd
They should know the model numbers of the ones which are "broken" and just be able to send a re-call on those.

Why would it be a batch of broken phones? Aren't they all made the same? If the flaw exists, then it will cause issues for them all depending on what the signal is like in the particular area it is being used.

Fabia vrs tdi
Why when I turn 3g on on my gf's 4 does it go to no service but turn 3g off she gets a signal? basicly she can't use 3g at home :-/ crap

182 Full of Fat
Why would it be a batch of broken phones? Aren't they all made the same? If the flaw exists, then it will cause issues for them all depending on what the signal is like in the particular area it is being used.

lolwut....The issue isn't happening on them all though. Some phones aren't affected by the way you hold it, some are. I can make the signal drop on my iphone but can't on the missus' at all.

SLK 350
4755638922_10e7607a2d_z.jpg

My misses got her's today, and a gear 4 case which does not help servixce issues at all, its been from 1 bar to 4 bars for most of the evening. Bit of a bummer TBH as it looks so nice!

I walked away from a 32gb iP4 today.

Something just didn't feel right. Anyone else feel like peer pressure is making you want one?

fiesta 1.25
That letter is a joke, so what are they going to do about it, change the size of the bars? Is there anyone on here that has one without issues?

Ive also noticed mine crashing in photos,opening the bottom text when i clieck on the one near the top, getting stuck when changing landscape and getting stuck on speaker. Its still the best phone ever.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
is anyone else getting problems with Visual Voicemail? Everytime i set it up and save the settings, next time i turn the phone off and on it asks me to set it up all over again.

Fabia vrs tdi
I'm sick of o2 and their crap 3g network here. I think plenty of ppl will be saying my 4 us faultless deluding themselves. It's a case of look at me I have an iphone4, luckily I got past that stage when I was in high school. Not saying everyones like that :)

M135i
Never mind the signal issue. That doesn effect my phone. Sort out the fooking proximity sensor. I keep putting calls on hold and loudspeaker with my cheek!

Lou

7 mins from sending my sim swap over request to new one being activated!

Done the signal test, no problems here - if anything my signal has got better! Never got 3G before and now I do!

Ollie's Silver Cup
Not really, i've just ordered one sim free, delivery in 3 weeks :rasp:

Have you got a micro-sim being sent from your network?

This is what I'll be doing, getting one sim-free from apple, but just waiting to hear back from Orange as to when they can issue a replacement sim for the iPhone 4

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I still think this is going to solve the problem.

My interpretation is that it loses all signal because it thinks that there is no signal due to the incorrect readings when infact there is signal available, this incorrect reading thing should rectify it.

Check this thread here, it has tonnes of videos which show the same effect on a wide variety of other phones, its not just the iphone.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=958923

To be honest, most people roll with a case these days anyway which solves the problem. For the few that don't if it doesn't solve it then who cares :D

57 Clio Campus Sport
My iPhone keeps going to NO SERVICE after I send a few texts, If it was just the fact that it was showing lower than it actually was then these txts would still go, but it genuinely has no signal. Turning it off and on seems to fix this but it is fookin stupid.

They are just doing what I said they would from the start, they will make the signal bar look like it has more signal that in does so that the blame for dropped calls and unsent texts gets shifter to the service providers. I love apple and iPhone but this is just unacceptable.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
My iPhone keeps going to NO SERVICE after I send a few texts, If it was just the fact that it was showing lower than it actually was then these txts would still go, but it genuinely has no signal. Turning it off and on seems to fix this but it is fookin stupid.

They are just doing what I said they would from the start, they will make the signal bar look like it has more signal that in does so that the blame for dropped calls and unsent texts gets shifter to the service providers. I love apple and iPhone but this is just unacceptable.

but if its showing it has 0 signal, the phone is going to think it has 0 signal and therefore not send the texts even if in reality there is signal available but its not being picked up and shown?

They haven't given many details tbh, until they do we should reserve judgement but I think this will fix it, Apple's customer service has always been one of their best points, I can't see them masking a problem like this it would damage their company too much.

57 Clio Campus Sport
but if its showing it has 0 signal, the phone is going to think it has 0 signal and therefore not send the texts even if in reality there is signal available but its not being picked up and shown?

They haven't given many details tbh, until they do we should reserve judgement but I think this will fix it, Apple's customer service has always been one of their best points, I can't see them masking a problem like this it would damage their company too much.

Ah from the statement they made I thought it was picking up the signal fine just not showing it correctly. Yeah I should wait to see if they do fix it properly but until they do it's a pain in the arse.

BMW E46 330i Touring
It feels in this thread now that people aren't allowed to say anything good about the phone without gettig branded a 'fanboy'... it's a shame because it's a brilliant piece of kit that isn't even being discussed for its merits.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Never mind the signal issue. That doesn effect my phone. Sort out the fooking proximity sensor. I keep putting calls on hold and loudspeaker with my cheek!

Apparently restoring and not loading a backup is fix for that, unacceptable.

tbh, i had that exact same problem with my 3G so its not a new issue and yes a restore does fix it.

or did in my case anyhow

57 Clio Campus Sport
Crap me, I haven't used this phone that much since i got it, purely because I take old one to work because worried about damaging it, but right now, it says I have full signal & 3g but wont send texts.

It feels in this thread now that people aren't allowed to say anything good about the phone without gettig branded a 'fanboy'... it's a shame because it's a brilliant piece of kit that isn't even being discussed for its merits.

I agree, however when your phone isn't working as it should, the negatives out way the positives.

The same as having a car you love, but that one dent/scratch/fault is enough for you to give up hope, especially when you feel the manufacturer aren't doing their best to sort it so early on.

That's my opinion anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.