ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 182 FF
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

Anyone else had the email from o2 tonight ?
yes i did, Ive got 3 months left on my contract and only have to pay £40 as per their calculation, so happy with that, just need to know how much the phones going to cost me as an upgrade.

BMW F31

Lol the same link thats been up here for hours ;)

BMW 330ci Clubsport

Link didn't really help a lot to be honest. Well, maybe the number you can text to find out what priority class you fit into. I take it their phone lines will be very busy on the 24th. Or can you call and pre-order it earlier?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

Link didn't really help a lot to be honest. Well, maybe the number you can text to find out what priority class you fit into. I take it their phone lines will be very busy on the 24th. Or can you call and pre-order it earlier?

i wondered this as steve said pre-order on the 15th, is that u.s. only?

BMW 330ci Clubsport

I'm wondering if pre-order is only for those that are buying the phone out right but not on contract?

Otherwise its going to be a right pain calling o2 on the 24th..

From what I gathered, you can pre-order from the 15th to 24th in order to get your phone on launch day. This is how I've interpreted it anyway, don't take it as gospel.

Don't know about PAYG, I'm sure we'll get more details when they release the pricing as well, though.

BMW 330ci Clubsport

I'll wait for the 15th to role round, I'm sure the Apple Fan Boys will have posted before lunch time with their "zOMG I'M GETTING IT ON RELEASE DAAAYYYY!!!! :D:A{WGLAEJHN!!!!"

I rang Vodafone today (business account) and was told they will be taking pre-orders on the 15th, so will be upgrading all handsets to the iPhone4 (as they expire on 21/06).

Just need to get myself it on PAYG for personal now... Hopefully can do online on 15th, to save Q-ing in store / on the phone.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Hmmmm, I'm not happy with the fact they are changing the tarrifs, well I'd say more nervous. lol.

I current sit at £140 to cancel and start again...

So iphone sells for £280, 140 left for new phone and to start contract again, (but it could be a worse tarrif (being the tossers they are)

or

Sell iPhone for £280, leaving me needing £170 to buy new iPhone, spend £170, continue my contract and when it runs out in 7 months go simplicity and be contract free basically.

Interesting....

E87 118d M Sport

We'll have to wait and see what the prices are.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Well according to that quote from random internet geek, apple have said they'll be the same as current 3gs prices.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Hmmmm, I'm not happy with the fact they are changing the tarrifs, well I'd say more nervous. lol.

So iphone sells for £280, 140 left for new phone and to start contract again, (but it could be a worse tarrif (being the tossers they are)

or

Sell iPhone for £280, leaving me needing £170 to buy new iPhone, spend £170, continue my contract and when it runs out in 7 months go simplicity and be contract free basically.

Interesting....
This is the same situation I am in, so I'm thinking go pay phone and continue this contract so that we will be out of contract this time next year to get the next upgrade without having to worry ether they are going to do a deal again to upgrade early.

Think you are being a bit ambitious with your £280 for the trade in, try more £245 I'd say.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

Why is it.

Say you have 6 months left on your contract and you pay £35 per month normally.

You want the iPhone 4 early so normally that would cost you £210 to end your contract early. So from what I can see in this offer they would only charge you £20 per month.

Which would you pay...

£210 or £120...??

So for example, Ive put in my date and it says I've got to pay £180, Fair enough. But then I've got to buy the phone as well correct?

or

Interesting....

I'm going to take a guess at saying O2 will remove 'unlimited' from the new price plan if you decide to upgrade early.
I'm certain there will be a sting in there somewhere.

This is the same situation I am in, so I'm thinking go pay phone and continue this contract so that we will be out of contract this time next year to get the next upgrade without having to worry ether they are going to do a deal again to upgrade early.

Think you are being a bit ambitious with your £280 for the trade in, try more £245 I'd say.

I've done exactly that, sold my 3GS 16GB last night (guy collecting/paying cash today) for £320.

The best option imo, sell the phone, and buy a PAYG 4.
This way, keep the current contract, and don't potentially loose out on mins/texts/internet by upgrading early.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Trade in? No! Sell on CS? Yes!

Mine is in pretty damn find condition tbh, so should not struggle to sell :)

I'm thinking PAYG will be a good idea too tbh, then no worry about o2's latest "sting" and no worrying about having to upgrade early ever again, as I can always sell the phone each year and get the newest one.

So for example, Ive put in my date and it says I've got to pay £180, Fair enough. But then I've got to buy the phone as well correct?

Correct indeed, so sell the phone and pay off the contract, you're free to start again, :)

I'm going to take a guess at saying O2 will remove 'unlimited' from the new price plan if you decide to upgrade early.
I'm certain there will be a sting in there somewhere.

I've done exactly that, sold my 3GS 16GB last night (guy collecting/paying cash today) for £320.

The best option imo, sell the phone, and buy a PAYG 4.
This way, keep the current contract, and don't potentially loose out on mins/texts/internet by upgrading early.

I think they'll have to take away unlimited texts, as its about the only thing I can't imagin people would really shout about. If unlimited data went, I think it'd cause madness, and if the minutes got any less then people would go elsewhere.

I'm with you on it being the best option on PAYG I think, but I'll wait to sell my iPhone Friday and see what happens afterwards.

Citroen DS3 DSport

All going well Apple will replace my 3GS tonight and I will then try to sell it privately for £300 and if that fails I'll trade it in. It should sell fairly easily.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Buying out a contract is madness. Can imagine a few people will go for it though...

You'll save £15 a month for the rest of your contract... But you won't actually get anything for it (i.e. minutes/texts etc)... And then you'll be tied into another 2 year contract immediately aswell.

Tesla MP3 2021

Just sent my 3GS to O2 - £240 FTW :)

No iPhone though until the 24th :(

E87 118d M Sport

I'll hold off to see what the prices are before I make a decision on where the 3GS is going. Cant imagine 3 weeks without one........

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Most companies give you 14 days to send it to them before the price they quote is nulled.

It's only 14 days till the new one is released ;)

Tesla MP3 2021

O2 is 7 days for the quote.

I am pretty confident that the PAYG price for the iPhone will be the same as the 3GS. So that will be £440 for the 16Gb.

At the end of the day, It makes no difference for me, I was always going to shift my 3GS but I would rather get the cash now, prior to shelling out for this new iPhone, it doesnt really matter what the cost is as I will be getting it anyway.

LY 182

My contract is available for upgrade via Vodafone. I'm thinking of going with 02 though as I fancy a chance.

What's the benefits of PAYG Vs contract. I know you're not locked in.. I've just always been on contract and never considered what kind of deals you could get with PAYG w/ a good amount of txts and data usage.

Tesla MP3 2021

Well I am only getting the PAYG version of the phone. I am on the Simplicity iPhone tariff with O2 which is basically a rolling 1month contract.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

all this talk of changing contract is scaring me, Can they do that?

Im currently on £40 a month, Unlimited Text, 500 mins and unlimited data, IF i upgrade, I want this again, not going to happen right?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Im currently on £40 a month, Unlimited Text, 500 mins and unlimited data, IF i upgrade, I want this again, not going to happen right?

If you want to keep your existing contract then you'll have to buy and pay and go phone.

The moment you upgrade you enter a new contract with new terms and conditions.

BMW 330ci Clubsport

You should be fine if its an iPhone contract. You can choose to keep your current tariff even if it is out-of-date and not supplied to new customers

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

As snoop says, by accepting to upgrade and pay off at £20 a month, then you have to be willing to accept their new contract details, which we currently don't know anything about... tossers.

LY 182

Well I am only getting the PAYG version of the phone. I am on the Simplicity iPhone tariff with O2 which is basically a rolling 1month contract.

So if if I just run out my current phone (not an iphone) contract on Vodafone I could buy a PAYG iPhone 4 and get a rolling 1 month Simplicity contract for it? Would probably be cheaper in the long run I guess?

Tesla MP3 2021

Well we dont know yet what the new contracts / tariffs are going to be for the new iPhone 4. I will be using my exisitng simplicity tariff / contract.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

The best option is to buy the PAYG version, hopefully Apple will sell a sim unlocked one straight from the get go as all the major networks are on board with the iPhone 4 (o2, orange, voda, t-mobile and 3). If they don't sell a sim unlocked version directly, then hopefully the likes of o2 will still offer the unlock for 15 quid.

You're then free to do whatever the hell you like.

LY 182

I'll have to wait of course for the officials. I wasn't sure how Simplicity worked with an iPhone compared to other phone models.

They should of announced it at the same time they did the US stuff. All part of the fun and suspense though I guess!

BMW 330ci Clubsport

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/howtoupgrade.html said:
If you don't already know your Priority List tier you'll be able to find out from mid-day 10 June by texting DATE to 21302.
This isn't working for me yet, anyone else tried?

BMW 330ci Clubsport

Yeah I just tried it again. Works now

Just read this though:
http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/earlyupgradeoffer.html said:
A few rules before you can take advantage of the offer. You have to:

1. Have paid your Early Upgrade Offer charge;
2. Sign up for a new 18 or 24 month minimum term Pay Monthly or 24 month Business airtime contract with O2 with an iPhone at the normal price for that phone and on our iPhone tariffs; and
3. Agree that you won't have a change of mind period and won't be able to go back to your old tariff.

I'm not getting one on release if I cant carry on the 40% off..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Is that number free to text?

Rev's you got any contract left? If so are you going PAYG or upgrade?

BMW 330ci Clubsport

Want to bet? Its not hard to talk o2 down. Especially after the other couriers release prices. I presumed the 40% I get off now would be continued, like most people would I suppose. I'll just have to see

Is that number free to text?
Dont bother texting it unless you want to know what priority you are. Otherwise you can just go to http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/earlyupgradeoffer.html to find out how much your early cancellation fee will be

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.