ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1 Series Coupe
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

500mb a month should be fine for the average user then.

That last link posted says:

New and upgrading customers will continue to receive unlimited data as a promotion until 1 October.

It'll be reeet! Looking forward to it now! :D

I've received 6.5 GB on mine in the past 14 months, mind you that includes streaming quite a few footy matches on my laptop and downloading quite a few tunes. If I used WiFi more often then I reckon I could cope quite easily.

E87 118d M Sport

I've just gone through 12 months of bills (online)
I use the phone EVERYday* to browse online, and have only exceeded 500mb once (511487 bytes)

*but, this is mainly at home (i.e. wifi)

Not impressed with having to pay 20p per message though. According to my bill (and that 20p per mms rate) I send between £4-11 per month.

BMW F31

i just checked on my o2 account online, the most i used was around 400mb about 2 months ago, due to having no broadband in new house, before and since then its only around 60-80mb, so tbh i dont give a s**t about the capping.

i presume if you take a new contract out on the 24th as an early upgrade offer my limit on a £45 contract will be unlimited p/m. then in october it will be 750mb p/m but i will have the option to add a bolt on for 500mb or 1GB if i need it!?

doesn't seem to be a problem to me?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Ok well upgrade tarrifs are fine then, thank god they're not being dicks.

Now just back to my previous conundrum (sp) whether to "upgrade" or buy PAYG.

I guess I'll do the maths later tonight if I'm bored :)

I may report back with a conversion table of some sort, to work out if you are better as an upgrader or a PAYG'r.

Leon Cupra 300

The only thing that really knobs me off is having to pay 20p for an mms. Thank f**k i've grown out of sendin pics of my c**k to every girl i meet.:D

172//Crap Micra//Bus

Data's the same as I get on PAYG. I use it quite abit, including for youtube etc... and my net at home has been down for a month. In 4-5 months, i've used 1.2GB. I only came close once, and that was streaming internet radio at work 3 day's on the trott, aswell as my normal use. Definetly isn't an issue to the majority of users at all.

The fact they've been quite reasonable about it means i'm definetly likely to go on contract, if I can. Just need the handset prices now :D

PMSL at the pics thing, memories!!

Track 172cup

spoke to o2 earlier and they said they don't have any of the prices for the iPhone 4 on contracts yet, said they 'should' be released in the next week

just weighing up whether it's worth me upgrading, by my calculations it should be around:

got the 3GS on release date last year so to pay off according to o2 = £220
get new iPhone 4 on £35 a month contract = approx £100

sell phone (32gb) = £300ish

all in it 'could' cost me £20 but thats going roughly by the costs for the 3GS on that tarriff

will wait and see when they release the details and hope they don't want stupid money for it on contracts

Lee

BMW M2C

The only thing that really knobs me off is having to pay 20p for an mms. Thank f**k i've grown out of sendin pics of my c**k to every girl i meet.:D

There's s**t loads of free apps to use for sending picture messages as data instead as an MMS anyway.

We use Whatsapp at work, as you can't get a signal in one of our offices, but does have wifi, so we can still text each other if need be!

Citroen DS3 DSport

During the first 4 months of 2010 I used

Jan - 273mb
Feb- 299mb
March- 538mb
April - 273mb

Monaro VXR

I've just gone through 12 months of bills (online)
I use the phone EVERYday* to browse online, and have only exceeded 500mb once (511487 bytes)

*but, this is mainly at home (i.e. wifi)

Not impressed with having to pay 20p per message though. According to my bill (and that 20p per mms rate) I send between £4-11 per month.

Still way way way under 500mb there, 511487bytes = 0.5mb.

Unless you meant 511487kb which is still just under at 499mb.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member

Damn, my iphone SD subscription has expired...worth £59 for IOS 4 2 weeks early? :dapprove:

Just checked mine on the O2 site, in the past month I've used 1.5GB.

F*ck a duck.

BMW E46 330i Touring

You can guarantee the cheaper tariffs will come with a crippling price for the handset. I'll settle for a £40 a month if the phone's not too expensive, as I already budget £45 a month.

BMW F31

You can guarantee the cheaper tariffs will come with a crippling price for the handset. I'll settle for a £40 a month if the phone's not too expensive, as I already budget £45 a month.

thats what i'm aiming to do tbh, either that or 12 month simplicity but depends on handset cost!?!

1.8 Civic EX

something isn't right here.....

iPhone Simplicity for 12 months - £15pm, 300mins, unlimited text, unlimited data

New iPhone 4 Tarriff 18 months - £35pm, 300mins, unlimited text, 500mb data limit

so there must be a mega discount on the phone for that to be worth while over the simplicity tarrif surely?!?

From the looks of things they'll be changing the simplicity to the 500/750MB/1GB limit as well.

182 RB FF

From the looks of things they'll be changing the simplicity to the 500/750MB/1GB limit as well.

Will still be the same as the £35 a month deal though.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

This isn't good for me then

Last month : 2.7GB
this month : 2.2Gb so far, billing dates the 13th lol

might buy the new iPhone out straight and keep my old simplicity tariff if it stays in unlimited data. I'm surprised o2 are going down the same route as orange and vodafone and capping the data.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Ok, I'm getting really confused here.

I was on an 18 month £35p/m contract on my 3G, the contract finished so I went onto simplicity. At the time this meant I got a stupid amount of minutes and texts that I nowhere near ever use, but it also meant I still get unlimited data, all for £20 a month. I'm under the impression this is a rolling 'month by month' contract that I can cancel anytime.

I obviously like everyone else want the new iPhone. Whats my best option? I don't mind paying out for the phone upfront if thats the way to go.

Can someone clear this up for me please?

I'd be surprised if I make more than 3/400 minutes a month and more than 50 txt.

E87 118d M Sport

You've got 2 options really Gareth:

A - Sign up to an 18 month contract for £35 per month and pay for the phone (we dont know the price yet)

B - Buy a 4 on PAYG and go onto simplicity for £15-£20 per month.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

You have to work it out and if I wasn't busy at work I'd do it for you.

PAYG is going to cost CIRCA £450

Then look at 3GS prices on bills to give you an idea of what it is going to cost you, i.e 18months at £35 a month to get the same as you are currently, then x amount for the phone, just work out the costs over the year and see which is best.

E87 118d M Sport

The 32Gb 3GS on PAYG on o2 atm is showing at £549. I hope the 4 isnt that much.! SRSLY

E87 118d M Sport

That is insane money. I thought it was £450 lol.
I dont mind if MAX it is £499....but wow thats costly.

Tesla MP3 2021

iPhone 4 PAYG prices will be the same as the current 3GS ones.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Aye, there won't be 'mega discounts' for pay monthly contracts as O2 know that most people won't be able to justify the initial outlay but will happily pay a high monthly contract price and a lower, if not still comparatively expensive, one-off price.

There is no doubt that the most economically sensible option will be PAYG and Simplicity, but the cost of the PAYG handset will mean people will prefer pay monthly even if it means paying more for the same period.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

will the battery be better than the current iphones as thats pretty much the reason i got rid of the 3gs. oh and can you do different things at once like a blackberry??+

edit: just seen the video on apple. they sure know how to sell dont they! lol

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021

Well with recycling my 3GS with O2 I only have to pay £210 for the new iPhone on PAYG :)

Mondeo STTDCI

So to summarise:

- iPhone prices have not been announced
- Tarriffs have been Announced - nothing huge but they arent as good as previously
- You can upgrade out of your contract early for £20 a month
- If you are a Blue/Silver or whatever else colour priority customer they may waive this fee.

QUESTION - If I leave upgrading until my upgrade date and dont go for the early upgrade offer, I presume I can stay on my existing (better) tarriff?

Clio 197 F1

Thing is iPhone 4 isn't limited to o2 like it has been in previous years so they need to be careful because if they piss people off then they will leave and go to orange, Vodaphone or someone else. Hopefully now that other networks have it you may be able to haggle a bit more and threaten to leave.

All this depends on what tariffs other networks have as Orange and Voda haven't realised there's yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.