ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1.8 Civic EX
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

I'm probably well behind here but I just noticed you can enter your email address on the Apple site to get notifications/news/updates etc just like the one on the O2 site.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else on here is a slow as me lol

Mk2 Golf GTI

If i want to buy out my contract (I have 6 months remaining) can I just buy out 3, which would take me to my usual upgrade period or would it have to be the whole lot? Sick of being on hold to Orange!

still not 100% convinced about simplicity being taken before the 24th june giving you unlimited data still.

1.8 Civic EX

still not 100% convinced about simplicity being taken before the 24th june giving you unlimited data still.

I changed my tarrif to a simplicity one end of last week and the woman defo said it's unlimited data.

Still comes with the fair usage policy though and as said in this thread it's not overlily likey for most people to go over 500mb anyway.

I changed my tarrif to a simplicity one end of last week and the woman defo said it's unlimited data.

Still comes with the fair usage policy though and as said in this thread it's not overlily likey for most people to go over 500mb anyway.

get the sky sports app and you will easily go over it with a couple of matches.

be interested to see if the fair use policy changes

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

It won't change. LOL. It's Simplicity.

02 aren't going to give you something for nothing.

MINI FJCW

I'm really desperate for the phone price outright!

As mentioned before I hope it just replaces the 3GS prices!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

You'll find out tomorrow. Calm yourself.

I think it'll be 3GS prices too. It'd be madness if it wasn't.

That said, I'm getting the 32gb, pretty much regardless of price.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Cheers Phuzion

just listed my 3gs for sale on here. Very good price for a 3 week old phone!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I'm more interested in the contract prices. I won't be buying it on PAYG.

E87 118d M Sport

ill be buying out my contract and selling 3GS if the prices released are the same as the current. With the monthly savings, will cost me nothing for the 4.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I have £580 from the sales of my 3G and 3GS.

Since my contract's due anyway, I'll pay the contract price for the 32gb and pocket the change.

I get 30% off my contract anyway through Friends & Family, so I'd be mad to do anything else.

Clio 182

Hopefully Orange will do some form of early upgrade combined with my 40% discount! SHWING iPhone 4....DONE.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member

I have £580 from the sales of my 3G and 3GS.

Since my contract's due anyway, I'll pay the contract price for the 32gb and pocket the change.

I get 30% off my contract anyway through Friends & Family, so I'd be mad to do anything else.

Arent they scrapping the F&F scheme for the new iphone??

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Once the prices are release, quick bit o' maths and everyone can work out which one is best for them.

There will be a point where PAYG works out better and a point where contract does, someone just needs to work out that point.

E87 118d M Sport

For me, based on new tariff (300 @£35) and current phone costs, all inclusive, paying the phone off over 12 months (as there will more than likely be a new one in 12 months) and 12 months worth of tariff costs (forget its a 18month contract as I will re-evaluate in 12 months):

PAYG = £52 per month
Upgrade = £43 per month

PAYG
550.00 cost of phone
210.00 6 months * £35 tariff
120.00 6 months * £20 simplicity
880.00 total cost of phone + tariff
-250.00 3GS sale
630.00 for 12 months phone + tariff
52.50 per month (over 12 months)

UPGRADE
100.00 upgrade charge (5 months @ £20)
250.00 cost of phone
420.00 12 months * £35 tariff
770.00 total
-250.00 phone sale
520.00 for 12 months on new tariff
43.33 per month (over 12 months)

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I doubt there will be a 12 months upgrade option will there? So you ideally need to work out both for at least 18 months?

E87 118d M Sport

Re-read my post mate. I know there isnt a 12 month option.
As I stated, there will be another iPhone in 12 months time, so I'm working out paying it off over 12 months (as I will 100% upgrade next time round too)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Yeah so what I'm saying is, you need to add a further 6 months to you pay monthly option as you'd have to pay it off? Even if only at £20 a month.

dk

911 GTS Cab

As I stated, there will be another iPhone in 12 months time, so I'm working out paying it off over 12 months (as I will 100% upgrade next time round too)
The upgrade will cost more, the payg can be worked out at 12 months as you have a monthly simplicity rolling contract but with the upgrade you will have to pay for the full 18 months unless they do an early upgrade again so the minimum you should add is 6 months at £20. Plus I think the 32g one on contract will be 275 on the £35 contract.

Makes it a lot closer.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Yeah so what I'm saying is, you need to add a further 6 months to you pay monthly option as you'd have to pay it off? Even if only at £20 a month.
Lol, great minds ;)

E87 118d M Sport

No, cuz whatever happens after next June/July is completely irrelevant. The iPhone is released on a 12monthly Schedule. So that's how I structure my cash - Around 12 months. I'm not guna work out anything after that cuz its irrelevant.

dk

911 GTS Cab

No, cuz whatever happens after next June/July is completely irrelevant. The iPhone is released on a 12monthly Schedule. So that's how I structure my cash - Around 12 months. I'm not guna work out anything after that cuz its irrelevant.
It's not lol, if you do an upgrade it's for an 18 month contract and you say you are definitely going to upgrade again so you have to factor in the cost of buying out again.

Surely you can see this!!!!!

E87 118d M Sport

Your not listening. I havent said that I will be upgrading again next time. I will more than likely keep the contract going next time, buy the iphone5 on PAYG and move over to simplicity around december 2011)
02 are only offering early upgrades because of the phone being a complete re-design. They didnt offer it from 3G-3GS and prob wont next time.
So like Ive said, I will be buying another phone in 12 months on PAYG (or handset only, whatever you wanna call it) so whatever is left on the tariff after june/july next year will factor into the price of the next 12 months with the next phone.

Cuz as ive said, I work on a 12 month rolling schedule. do you understand yet lol?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Erm, yes you did

Audi S1

FLOL

M4rkie are you saying you work on a 12month contract as in you put away the extra 6 months to buy you out at the end?

dk

911 GTS Cab

And they got slated last year for not offering an upgrade route, so I can see this becoming a regular thing now, it's a shame the phone companies contract lengths and apples launch periods can't be matched, that would solve a lot of issues, if only they still offered 12 month contracts

E87 118d M Sport

Erm, yes you did

I mean buy the new phone. Not "upgrade" with an offer like they offer now.
Thats my bad with the terminology I used sorry.

m4rkie are you saying you work on a 12month contract as in you put away the extra 6 months to buy you out at the end?

No. As I've said, I wouldn't buy myself out (or upgrade with an early offer) next time round. I will buy the next handset on PAYG as I imagine they wont offer an upgrade package.
Next time round (if it goes as I plan) then of that 12 months, I will have 6 months paying £35 (as this will be months 13-18 of my 18 month contract) and then 6 months on simplicity rates (currently £20 a month). This 12 months worth of bills will be calculated with the cost of the next iPhone(5?) and that will give me my monthly payments (all inclusive) for June2010-June2011.

Is there any other way I can explain this?

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Wish o2 would hurry and release these prices. Killing me waiting now!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

Am I the only one on orange?? Hope they don't fall through on the pre ordering as they have hardly done anything compared to o2! Have all you o2 customers got your micro sims??

Audi S1

Am I the only one on orange?? Hope they don't fall through on the pre ordering as they have hardly done anything compared to o2! Have all you o2 customers got your micro sims??

I ordered mine. Nothing yet, but I believe Revels has.

But he licked Steve Jobs bum to get it IIRC ;)

Johnny Ive delivered mine.

We made Steve stay in the car.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Havent got a micro sim. Hopefully be here in time for launch

Status
Not open for further replies.