ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Tesla MP3 2021
Currently on o2 simplicity, ordered iPhone from apple, anyone know how I go about getting micro sim from o2 even though I'm not getting the phone from them? Best to give them a call? If so what's the best number to call on?

I'm in the same boat. Not sure what's going to happen yet. Like said, register with O2 and you "may" get one in the post. They should be releasing more details soon though.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
think i might have to head down to o2 crack of dawn to get one if I decide to do so. Will know more as soon as o2 announce their bloody prices!

LOL i was about to say could you change the title to read first post hahahahahaha farking 40 pages worth of nothing on here no doubt

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
took it off as was going to keep it and now im in 2 minds again. will know for def when o2 get their prices announced. cant see it being much diff from orange and think I might just throw it on a 24 hour auction anyway and then I will be forced to buy one

Citroen DS3 DSport
Oh I can't wait to see the Apple Store staff clapping, whooping and screaming next Thursday morning!!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]YmYGQi1dzCc[/YOUTUBE]

LY 182
My colleague at work has a friend who is deputy manager at my local 02. I'm trying to get some inside info haha. Just hoping I can be sure that they will have some in store on the 24th as I'll need either a day or half day off work to go get the thing!

Crazyness.

I'm glad I pre-ordered 2 now, could make some money either selling the phone, or my pick-up reservation.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Got 2 reserved! One at Apple, and another at o2! (I know the manager at an o2 shop and she said she'll keep one aside for me - yay!)

Mk4 .:R32
what are the chances of walking into an apple store on thursday and getting one sim free. im guessing 0%

Not really, each store will have ordered a certain number of iPhones and sim cards. First come first served! It'll be busy though!

If you get to the shop for 9am then you'll just need to queue up.

If you get there at 4pm, likelihood is they'll have sold out

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I start work at 11.30 on a thursday so I would be there at 6.30am and queue lol unless o2 payg are going to be cheaper like orange are and would do it that way instead

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i was thinking of just getting to o2 cannon street london, 8amish, surely won't need to be there earlier? it's just a phone...right?

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
There wont be any in store on release day without a reservation....

Its not really a debacle...this thread is ridiculous, it would appear all the people with half a brain managed to reserve/buy one, whats everyone moaning about?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Some info posted on MR Forums:

Just phoned up the Regent Street store to see if I could get confirmation on the reservation I've made. Here's the outcome, much of which has already been confirmed.

1) Stores don't yet have access to the allocation system being used for the iPhone 4 release.

2) Those who have received a confirmation email are guaranteed a phone until close of business on the 24th.

3) The store will be closed until midday for anyone who does not have a confirmed iPhone4 reservation. (This is for the Regent Street store, not sure about others)

4) Upgrades and new contracts will be available in store for at least two of the telcos, was unable to tell me which ones.

5) No matter which reservation type you opted for, sim-free / pay-monthly / paygo you will actually be able to choose on the day. Just make sure you bring all the required documentation.

6) Has not heard that white will be available at launch in Apple stores.

1.8 Civic EX
lol at the jealousy!

I work near a tech hardware support team, guy came up fron another department to buy my 3g. One of the tech guys asked whats going on and I said I'm selling it for the 4, he said I'm a mug as there will be another one out next year that will be even better...

thing is he only got his 3GS about a month and a half ago, jealous much! lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
How can you be a mug if you have 12 months till a new version yet he bought 6 weeks before a new model? What a prick he is.

Honda. Tesla Someday
sold my 3GS 16GB for £300 (brand new sealed).

was selling my 3G 16GB to someone for £230 (mint condition) and DROPPED IT AS I TOOK IT OUT TO SHOW HIM!

Will take £200 for it now, as its not 'mint' anymore! JUST the back casing has a couple of marks on it, otherwise the rest is MINT! Still has over 2 months apple warranty left on it! ARGH

£200 posted if anyones interested. Need this gone to fund iPhone 4! Thanks.

p.s: if I sent to o2 recycle would they take money off for a couple of marks on the back casing??

1.8 Civic EX
How can you be a mug if you have 12 months till a new version yet he bought 6 weeks before a new model? What a prick he is.

lol tell me about it, he keeps calling the new one the "4GS" too and it's really bugging me...

tech people that think they know everything but actually don't are really quite annoying...

SLK 350
I sold my 32Gb 4G this morning on eBay for £760. Probably could have gotten more, it sold within an hour to some guy from Dubai (already paid, has a UK postbox).

Happy days!

lol tell me about it, he keeps calling the new one the "4GS" too and it's really bugging me...

tech people that think they know everything but actually don't are really quite annoying...

Just tell him you'll be getting next years too :cool:

Some info posted on MR Forums:
5) No matter which reservation type you opted for, sim-free / pay-monthly / paygo you will actually be able to choose on the day. Just make sure you bring all the required documentation.

That's cool, I'd get a PAYG if cheaper on the day, then sell the SIM FREE one I get delivered.

I sold my 32Gb 4G this morning on eBay for £760. Probably could have gotten more, it sold within an hour to some guy from Dubai (already paid, has a UK postbox).

Happy days!

lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
sold my 3GS 16GB for £300 (brand new sealed).

was selling my 3G 16GB to someone for £230 (mint condition) and DROPPED IT AS I TOOK IT OUT TO SHOW HIM!

Will take £200 for it now, as its not 'mint' anymore! JUST the back casing has a couple of marks on it, otherwise the rest is MINT! Still has over 2 months apple warranty left on it! ARGH

£200 posted if anyones interested. Need this gone to fund iPhone 4! Thanks.

p.s: if I sent to o2 recycle would they take money off for a couple of marks on the back casing??

yes, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.