ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Not long now, although it also cannot come soon enough! The past 7 days with my Nokia has annoyed me, lack of internet and email during my daily commute is annoying me, no music and podcasts to listen to is annoying me. Basically I'm annoyed and need my iPhone 4.

Ditto. Cheap samsung for me tho lol

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
i can't believe people on here are going to queue outside a shop for a phone ffs, i really can't, thats just plain said i'm afraid. i love my technology but thats ridiculous.

no worse than people queuing to get tickets for a football game, or a concert, or for the sales to start etc

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Nothing wrong with £100 + toasters, I love my Dualit toaster :approve:

My GF is going to get my iPhone for me early thursday morning, at the Soton Apple store.

She's doesn't wanna get in my way lol I'm gonna push everyone out of my way like a hypo.

iPhones all packed up and I'm back to the ghetto phone. Horrid fecking thing

BMW E46 330i Touring
no worse than people queuing to get tickets for a football game, or a concert, or for the sales to start etc

Totally different to queuing for a concert or sports event - those queues occur because there is a true limit of availability. Once those tickets are sold, there are no second or third or 25th batches on their way. But, yeah, it's just as bad as queuing for the Next Sale. Horrific event that I am glad I have never taken part in.

To queue up on Thursday means you're desperate for the phone. To be that desperate means you must be using a s**t phone which, in turn, means you've sold your previous 'smart' phone in order to justify queuing up for this one on
launch day! It's bragging rights.

It's cool if you're into it that much, but I just wouldn't waste a valuable day of my annual leave to do it!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
that makes no sense at all. i have a 3gs its brilliant, i will have it until get iphone 4 when i'll give it to my brother. i want an iphone 4 not for bragging to anyone but simply because i love new technology and i will absolutely love playing around with it and using it.

i'm going to queue early because otherwise i'll have to wait, which i'd rather not do. i just asked my manager if i can come in an hour late (since i start at 8am) and he was like fine. no need to take any time off at all.

E87 118d M Sport
Totally different to queuing for a concert or sports event - those queues occur because there is a true limit of availability. Once those tickets are sold, there are no second or third or 25th batches on their way. But, yeah, it's just as bad as queuing for the Next Sale. Horrific event that I am glad I have never taken part in.

To queue up on Thursday means you're desperate for the phone. To be that desperate means you must be using a s**t phone which, in turn, means you've sold your previous 'smart' phone in order to justify queuing up for this one on
launch day! It's bragging rights.

It's cool if you're into it that much, but I just wouldn't waste a valuable day of my annual leave to do it!

That's your opinion mate. If I happen to have the day off and want to queue to get one, that's what I'll do.
It's not sad, its not desperate. Stay in bed, or get up and do something.
If O2 do a pre-order that they arent telling us about yet, then I'll do that, but the only way to get one on 24th (when im off) is to go buy one. If that means queueing, so be it.

Last edited:
  Corsa :$
Stupid question but...

You know the storage 16/32 what is that used for.. is it predominantly music, videos etc or is it everything ie texts, phonebook apps.

What im saying is i dont plan on using it to store music (maybe one or two favorites) but i have my ipod for that so will 16gb be enough? Am i likely to fill it?

Stupid question but...

You know the storage 16/32 what is that used for.. is it predominantly music, videos etc or is it everything ie texts, phonebook apps.

What im saying is i dont plan on using it to store music (maybe one or two favorites) but i have my ipod for that so will 16gb be enough? Am i likely to fill it?

probably not.

the storage holds everything.

i had a 4gb worth of music on my 16gb 3g and 5 pages of apps and i still didn't go near the limit.

tv/films do take up a large chunk of space though.

i've never really seen the need for massive storage for music, but i'm sure someone will come along and say they need a 250gb ipod classic so they can listen to all the music they own.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i can't believe people on here are going to queue outside a shop for a phone ffs, i really can't, thats just plain said i'm afraid. i love my technology but thats ridiculous.

Can you stand for that long?

Excuses FTL.

Fiesta ST3
il let you all stress and have sleepless nights about the iphone4 whilst i enjoy my 3G a bit longer and will grab a iphone4 when the rush dies down :)

you all just puppets in the marketing that is Apple

simples :cool:

Revels Mum & Sister
il let you all stress and have sleepless nights about the iphone4 whilst i enjoy my 3G a bit longer and will grab a iphone4 when the rush dies down :)

you all just puppets in the marketing that is Apple

simples :cool:

Is this code for you are too poor to buy the Apple goodness?

I'm going to my local o2 store in the morning, if its too busy I will just stick with my cheapo phone until the 2nd batch arrives!

A silver one
I'm a little bit confused by the handset pricing on the o2 site.

The prices are there for contract, but it doesn't look the PAYG handset prices are online unless I'm reading it wrong. Can someone help me out?

E87 118d M Sport
They haven't released the PAYG prices yet, and as of yesterday, they aren't offering the PAYG option from release day.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll not be taking any holidays from work when I collect my iPhone but I will get there at 7am and await the 8am opening. As for bragging, I've nobody to brag to about it, everyone I know who likes gadgets are already buying one and those that are not couldn't give a s**t what I've bought anyway.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I think there's only a few of us that has read every post in this thread, lol!

I have a friend who works at apple (completely forgot) so hopefully he's going to sort me out with one, if not it'll be o2 at 6 a.m.

Revels Mum & Sister
Uhh ohh another poor person has appeared out the wood work. Either that or someone did not get their pre order in!

Status
Not open for further replies.