ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Vodaone insiders know when they'll release the price to buy the phone as pay n go? Just wondering if they'll be cheaper than apple's price (as their date slips more into July)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
operators wont sell the phone on payg any cheaper than apple... its fixed pricing from apple... they cant change it lol!

BMW E46 330i Touring
So... with o2 reserving all iPhones for existing customers, is there a chance in hell that their stocks 'might' last a few days? I know they have the upgrade offer, but are there THAT many o2 customers close enough to a contract renewal to justify an upgrade?

Citroen DS3 DSport
So... with o2 reserving all iPhones for existing customers, is there a chance in hell that their stocks 'might' last a few days? I know they have the upgrade offer, but are there THAT many o2 customers close enough to a contract renewal to justify an upgrade?

There may be lots of customers who bought the 3G and when their contract ended they have awaited the iPhone 4 before looking to upgrade. Lots of people moved onto Simplicity tariffs for the past 6 months.

clio 1.6 16v
think il be waiting outside orange first thing in the morning to get mine, so by what o2 are saying is that unless ur with them already think again about getting one from us on release?

Z4
How does it work regarding insurance...
If I'm buying a £600 mobile I want it insured well, how would this work on pay and go? Same question for on contract :)

Slow red one
That video looks awesome!:) Can't wait for my pre order to arrive now! So to get the micro sim do pre order peeps just have to show the invoice to someone working for o2????

6/468 17poo
So from that simply price comparison guide, which ive worked out on paper, its actually cheaper to go on a contract then to buy the phone outright, if you were going for a £35 / £40 contract, as over 18 months months sim free works out either £860 / 960 for both 16gb / 32gb where as contracts work out at £839 /929!

Think I will swap my simplicity tariff to an 18monther and sell the 3gs!

Wasn't going to bother with a new phone but for the money it actually seems worth it, if the 3gs hold there value for the next week!

Any Vodaone insiders know when they'll release the price to buy the phone as pay n go? Just wondering if they'll be cheaper than apple's price (as their date slips more into July)

From my chat today, late July.

Vodafone say they would offer £229 for a 3GS buy back deal for anyone interested.

SLK 350
£35 O2 18 month contract:
16gb - £179 handset + £630 = £809
32gb - £279 handset + £630 = £909

£15 O2 simplicity:
16gb - £499 handset + £270 = £769
32gb - £599 handset + £270 = £869

-------------

£40 O2 18 month contract:
16gb - £119 handset + £720 = £839
32gb - £209 handset + £720 = £929

£20 O2 simplicity:
16gb - £499 handset + £360 = £859
32gb - £599 handset + £360 = £959

Based on like-for-like minutes agreements (300 & 600 respectively). So in the first instance Simplicity is cheapest, but for those needing more minutes go for £40 contract. The benefit of Simplicity though is 'unlimited' data and a 30 day rolling contract... plus a SIM free unlocked phone with a higher resale value.

For me buying from Apple, plus £20 Simplicity is the sweet spot.

Finally, anybody know if Vodafone are doing MiniSim? If so, how do I acquire one?

Citroen DS3 DSport
The £20 Simplicity option with a sim-free iPhone is my favoured option. Yes it works out £30 more expensive over 18 months but my monthly outgoings are less and I am not stuck in a long contract. I also have the benefit of MMS messages which are included within my monthly allowance.

Finally, anybody know if Vodafone are doing MiniSim? If so, how do I acquire one?

Just ring up Vodafone, mate. They'll send you one out in a few days.

I've just done it myself, rang 191 from my mobile then picked 'questions about my account'.
Told the guy i've preordered a phone from Apple and require a mircrosim, no problem be with you in two days :D

Also asked him about their plans for pay n go but he doesn't know yet.

FN2 Type R GT
Anyone have any information regarding insurance via 02?

Posted it around page 100 ish, o2's insurance is 15 pounds per month, better off getting a bank account with natwest where you pay either £7 a month or £10 i think as you get free phone insurance with them..

Just ring up Vodafone, mate. They'll send you one out in a few days.

I've just done it myself, rang 191 from my mobile then picked 'questions about my account'.
Told the guy i've preordered a phone from Apple and require a mircrosim, no problem be with you in two days :D

Also asked him about their plans for pay n go but he doesn't know yet.

You won't be getting one within 2 days mate as we don't have them to send. Lol. He will have sent you an iPad micro sim, which are different and wont work.

Best to wait until launch date, when we will have them.

You will just speak to idiots who don't know, or don't read there email currently.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
The £20 Simplicity option with a sim-free iPhone is my favoured option. Yes it works out £30 more expensive over 18 months but my monthly outgoings are less and I am not stuck in a long contract. I also have the benefit of MMS messages which are included within my monthly allowance.

Ditto PLUS i keep my unlimited net so can carry on with my 2-3 gb a month without worry ;)

FN2 Type R GT
Ive still got a 3gs and still paying like £7.50 a month with 02 didnt know whether this will go up with a new Iphone?

8gb 3gs moves to £10

16gb/32gb are £15 a month for insurance, i think even if you upgrade your insurance will probably change..

Some Natwest accounts come with insurance a said before, probably the cheapest option rather than through o2..

http://www.protectyourbubble.com/gadget-insurance/get-quote.html

http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp/howdoi/insurance

edit: strange, the other day it was on o2 as £10/£15, unless im looking at the wrong thing they must have changed it..

You won't be getting one within 2 days mate as we don't have them to send. Lol. He will have sent you an iPad micro sim, which are different and wont work.

Best to wait until launch date, when we will have them.

You will just speak to idiots who don't know, or don't read there email currently.

Damnit! Thanks for the info, i'll ring them again next week then.. tossers

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Just sold my second Iphone 4 pre-order on ebay for £815. Keeping the first pre-order so this should help nicely :D

Anyone else ebay'd a 4 yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.