ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  E87 118d M Sport
I want to see the back of the phone lol. Just would rather put it down knowing it wont scratch. looking after the 3GS paid off big time!

Honda. Tesla Someday
I have a Zagg InvisibleShield fitted. Took me ages. The back is on fine, but the front really f*cked with my head! Its still not 'perfect' and I can't do it again as I have run out of the 'solution' and its stuck on quiet tight. My front shield is particularly 'orange peely' and its ruining the 'retina display' experience!

Careful when applying the shields, its a wet application so keep it OUT of your speakers/holes etc when applying it! Also, do NOT get ANY dust / dirt on the shield, its impossible to get it off! I soaked my front one in soapy water, let it dry a bit and it got just as sticky again, then applied it with the solution again.

Fantastic if you can get it right, covers the front back sides etc. I didnt bother with the sides as I have a 'bumper'. BUT, putting the bumper on makes the shield peel a bit, and youre supposed to let it 'cure' for 12+ hours. Mines been on 2 days and its still f*cking peeling.

Gonna order a replacement and try again methinks!

Just pulled my phone out of my pocket to see a nice 10mm long scratch on the front screen. P1ssed me right off lol. So much for hardened glass

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Mine has a scratch too :(

The battery life is killing me too, it lasts til around 6pm before it dies each day!

Thought is was supposed to be better?

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh k don't think I'll bother doing the edges, I imagine it all gets a bit fiddly haha.
A tip for anyone who is ordering a zagg case, there's a seller on amazon.co.uk selling them. Around the same price from zagg.com with the discount code applied and obviously delivered quicker as the seller is in the UK.
When mine turns up I'll get it on the phone and take some good quality pictures for anyone who is interested in how it looks.

Btw, just downloads tapatalk, pretty good. From the sounds of it most of you are already using it anyway!

Mini Cooper S
I should've stuck with the 3GS tbh. I'd be better off with signal, 2 hours sleep, £80 and 6 months less contract.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yeh k don't think I'll bother doing the edges, I imagine it all gets a bit fiddly haha.
A tip for anyone who is ordering a zagg case, there's a seller on amazon.co.uk selling them. Around the same price from zagg.com with the discount code applied and obviously delivered quicker as the seller is in the UK.
When mine turns up I'll get it on the phone and take some good quality pictures for anyone who is interested in how it looks.

Btw, just downloads tapatalk, pretty good. From the sounds of it most of you are already using it anyway!

I believe Zagg.com posts from Manchester.

BMW E46 330i Touring
My battery is about the same but I'm using my phone way more than I did my 3G!

People picking up scratches - are you putting your phone in your pocket with keys or coins or something?!? I've never put any of my phones in a pokey with anything else.

People picking up scratches - are you putting your phone in your pocket with keys or coins or something?!? I've never put any of my phones in a pokey with anything else.
+1

Mine is in a leather sleeve, with nothing else.
Keys, money and wallet always in opposite pocket.

Storm Grey 200
I never keep my phone in with scratchy things, ie it has its own pocket, yet it still manages to get scratched :(

Citroen DS3 DSport
My phone is always stored in a pocket away from everything else. Battery life has been exceptional so far and I'm making heavy use of the internet most days too.

dk

911 GTS Cab
How the f**k have people managed to scratch them already, my 1 yr old 3GS hasn't got a single scratch and it's got no stupid screen protector and is kept in my pocket without a case.

I just can't understand how people manage it.

Suzuki Jimny
+1 for no scratches. Had a motorola phone for 4 years and it has one small mark on it ( from dropping out my window at 30mph...)

I've been flat out on the internet since i've had the phone and only used 30mb. Never going to get near the 750mb limit!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How the f**k have people managed to scratch them already, my 1 yr old 3GS hasn't got a single scratch and it's got no stupid screen protector and is kept in my pocket without a case.

I just can't understand how people manage it.

Because not everyone treats it like its a Faberge egg?

At the end of the day its a phone, some people just use and abuse them and see them as a "tool", others, like myself, treat it with care as its a nice bit of tech, I'd screw if I scratched my tv or laptop too!

Has anyone on O2 managed to haggle the data allowance at all? 500mb limited is a bollock and a half. i'm told I can up it to 1gb for £5 a month but considering trying to get this waved?

Any comment on this? Anyone concerned about the 500mb limit? And have upped it?

BMW 330ci Clubsport
You havnt got no chance, but you'll have to wait

O2 probably wont move on prices until the white iPhone 4 has been out for a couple of months

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Does anyone know when O2 are going to be selling the i4 on PAYG? Stupid idiots messed up my i4 purchasing by not accepting preorders when originally their site said they would be, I ended up missing out on the apple preorders by waiting for O2 and they let me down :-( and now I'm rolling i4'less

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Has no one posted this yet?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/30/apple-hiring-iphone-antenna-engineers-for-some-reason/
Apple hiring iPhone antenna engineers for some reason

Three Apple job postings for iPhone / iPad antenna engineers to "Define and implement antenna system architecture to optimize the radiation performance for wireless portable devices." All three were posted on June 23rd, the same day that we started seeing widespread reporting of the left-handed reception issues. Coincidence?

apple-job-search-antenna-engineers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.