ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have admitted to the problem and even posted photos here to demonstrate it. Fortunately I use it in a case so am not having any problems during day to day use. For you to claim it is not a phone is equally laughable and also factually incorrect.

must have missed those stand out posts...

of course it's factually incorrect ffs - i was being facetious :dead:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mine is going back ASAP I think, I flat out cannot get 3G signal in my house anymore and no matter how good my 3g signal is, the maps seems to load slower the my old Sega Megadrive.

As much as I love apple, the whole signal debacle and their attitude is a bit of a disappointment, in answer to Tom's post about crashing a car into a wall etc, I could understand your point if you lost signal by covering the heaphone port with your left testical, but the fact is you actually have the conscious of how you hold the thing natrually, which IMO, is wrong.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Do you have one?

It really only an issue if you make it do it. ( I can make my Nokia 6310 do it too)

I phoned renault earlier to complain that my car was damaged after i drove it into a brick wall.
Aparently its possible to damage the car if you drive it into solid objects at speed.

Surely this is a design flaw.
bad analogy Tom, if you were driving your car and you couldn't touch the wheel when you were accelerating, but you could if you put a cover on your wheel (i know you are a bit partial to having a steering wheel cover after your nice video ;) ) then thats a design flaw.

for most people, who are going to use a case, its clearly not going to be an issue, its just a shame apple aren't going to fix it, even if that does just mean supplying something which cost them £1 to make with a £600 phone, but that ofcourse would be admitting theres an issue, which is where the issue lies and why people are getting upset i guess.

it's certainly made me think twice whether to upgrade the 3gs when the white is finally released (they can't even really modify that either now because if they did it would be again admitting theres an issue and they would have to do something for all the black version owners etc.), and i love apple products, i honestly don't know what to do.

I would definitely have a bumper on it, so i guess for me, it wouldn't be an issue.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
bad analogy Tom, if you were driving your car and you couldn't touch the wheel when you were accelerating, but you could if you put a cover on your wheel (i know you are a bit partial to having a steering wheel cover after your nice video ;) ) then thats a design flaw.

for most people, who are going to use a case, its clearly not going to be an issue, its just a shame apple aren't going to fix it, even if that does just mean supplying something which cost them £1 to make with a £600 phone, but that ofcourse would be admitting theres an issue, which is where the issue lies and why people are getting upset i guess.

it's certainly made me think twice whether to upgrade the 3gs when the white is finally released (they can't even really modify that either now because if they did it would be again admitting theres an issue and they would have to do something for all the black version owners etc.), and i love apple products, i honestly don't know what to do.

I would definitely have a bumper on it, so i guess for me, it wouldn't be an issue.

My issue with the bumper is that iPhones are pretty, its part of the sell, quite a big part imo, and why should I have to cover up my lovely looking device just so it functions properly?

I'd be pretty upset if I bought a 'rari but then had to cover in in a big big black bumper-car style ring so that it performed properly.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My issue with the bumper is that iPhones are pretty, its part of the sell, quite a big part imo, and why should I have to cover up my lovely looking device just so it functions properly?

I do agree with this, people should not be forced to use a cover or have to hold a phone in a specific way without one. It is a huge design error by Apple.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Jony Ive doesn't care if it works properly. As long as it's beautiful.

That said, I've not had any issues with mine at all.

1.8 Civic EX
lol at all the s**t being posted in here.

If it was an issue with the actual phone itself then surely every single iphone 4 would suffer from it?

Then why the hell does mine have no issues what so ever, with or without the bumper attached it will not loose signal. I've taken the bumpber off and held evey single part of the phone and it's not dropped once.

Also why are there 3G and 3GS suffering from it since updating to iOS4?

Everyone is spinning out of control over this simple issue and making out like it's a world ending problem.

The link posted earlier with the supposed note out to apple staff with what thier responses should be is simple business process. If there is an issue thats being spread around the media then thier staff are going to be questioned on it so they need to know what thier response should be. Just because this exists doesn't mean that Apple are trying to cover up any form of issue.

I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit and wait for the update to iOS4 and see if that resolves.

lol at all the s**t being posted in here.

If it was an issue with the actual phone itself then surely every single iphone 4 would suffer from it?

Then why the hell does mine have no issues what so ever, with or without the bumper attached it will not loose signal. I've taken the bumpber off and held evey single part of the phone and it's not dropped once.

Also why are there 3G and 3GS suffering from it since updating to iOS4?

Everyone is spinning out of control over this simple issue and making out like it's a world ending problem.

The link posted earlier with the supposed note out to apple staff with what thier responses should be is simple business process. If there is an issue thats being spread around the media then thier staff are going to be questioned on it so they need to know what thier response should be. Just because this exists doesn't mean that Apple are trying to cover up any form of issue.

I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit and wait for the update to iOS4 and see if that resolves.

Those with the issue (including me) are making it all up for laughs.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The biggest thing is, if like 'topher you are experiencing no problems, there is a chance you just live in a bang on signal area so can't even understand what people are moaning about.

At work I cannot affect the signal, at all, no matter what. At home however, I now no longer have 3g full stop, and I can make the signal drop like a stone. It's very fustrating.

E87 118d M Sport
I can replicate the issue. But its not an "issue" for me due to the way I hold the phone.
If they come up with a fix, great. If they announce they will re-call them/issue new handsets (like the 3GS cracking issue) then thats fine, I'll chop it in.

1.8 Civic EX
Those with the issue (including me) are making it all up for laughs.

Thought so! ;)

I'm not saying there isn't a problem. I'm saying it's getting blown well out of proportion. It's not stopping the phone from working as a phone.

Is there any evidence anywhere that proves 100% that its a design fault with the phone? No

Is there any evidence anywhere that proves 100% that its a fault with iOS4? No

People just need to calm down a bit and wait for the update to iOS4 and see what happens.

Until then, use it as it's simply an awesome piece of kit that every other phone company are trying beat and failing.

E87 118d M Sport
You said if it was an issue with the handset surely ever single iPhone would suffer.
That's not how manufacturing works. So yes, very relevant.
As far as what you've said about waiting for a reply from Apple, I 100% agree, but dont say things about an industry you dont know anything about.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thought so! ;)

I'm not saying there isn't a problem. I'm saying it's getting blown well out of proportion. It's not stopping the phone from working as a phone.

Is there any evidence anywhere that proves 100% that its a design fault with the phone? No

Is there any evidence anywhere that proves 100% that its a fault with iOS4? No

People just need to calm down a bit and wait for the update to iOS4 and see what happens.

Until then, use it as it's simply an awesome piece of kit that every other phone company are trying beat and failing.

My maps wouldn't load last night due to poor signal or something, so I took the wrong exit on the m25, to me, this is a problem.

E87 118d M Sport
(off topic a bit mate, but are you using tomtom, if so there was an update a few days ago, i know this isnt signal affected, but just fyi)

You said if it was an issue with the handset surely ever single iPhone would suffer.
That's not how manufacturing works.

+1

Otherwise EVERY Toyota accelerator pedal would have been stuck to the floor.

The bottom line is, it's a fault, and is effecting some people worse than others.

Revels Mum & Sister
PMSL so you are blaming the iPhone for your retarded road sense and inability to get anywhere without a Sat nav product.

1.8 Civic EX
but, if you were a engineer, as mark is, you would have more of an idea of what goes on in production etc, so you would know that faults don't always occur in all models.

lol, everyone knows that, engineer or not. I think your missing my point. Which is all the media and they way people are talking in here is that it's every single phone that has issues. I'm saying it's potentially not.

lol, everyone knows that, engineer or not. I think your missing my point. Which is all the media and they way people are talking in here is that it's every single phone that has issues. I'm saying it's potentially not.

then it's at a stage where nobody wins.

if it's a software problem, then it is a problem on every phone and everyone saying they don't have a problem will have egg on their face.

if its a problem with the handset, apple's credibility is going to take a massive hit.

E87 118d M Sport
The Media are a joke when it comes to ANYTHING that isn't hard fact (i.e. the date).

The problem is there are SOOO many people that believe everything they read.
If you can replicate the issue, you have the issue, if you cant then, you haven't.
If you have the issue, wait for Apple to come up with a response.

That's about it. (or I suppose you could take it back and get a refund and get a HTC or something..)

E87 118d M Sport
if its a problem with the handset, apple's credibility is going to take a massive hit.

If they don't do a free replacement I agree. The issues they had with the 3G/3GS with the cracking only made them a stronger company IMO as they identified the issue and offered a fantastic service in fixing the problem (i.e. new handset)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
(off topic a bit mate, but are you using tomtom, if so there was an update a few days ago, i know this isnt signal affected, but just fyi)

I was just on google maps mate, using directions.

(I've never paid for an ap, ever, don't believe in paying for digital content ;))

PMSL so you are blaming the iPhone for your retarded road sense and inability to get anywhere without a Sat nav product.

It has a maps function, this wouldn't work because of the poor level of signal my handset recieves, how is this not an iphone problem? lol!

I assume you could drive to my house, only looking at the map before you leave?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
you sound american, gonna sue Apple?

What? I don't care that I took the wrong turn, it didn't hurt me, but the fact is my 3GS has taken me out that way before with NO issues. With respects to signal, this handset is a downgrade.

My point was to illustrate times when having cack signal makes a difference, that being one of them. Another being when I want to watch the footie.

TBH I'm not sure if my handset isn't just faulty, as the signal, unless its GREAT, is totally awful.

FFS Fanboys are funny.

Mondeo STTDCI
I wonder if Apple will let me throw a sim into one of their display models and have a play? I dont want to get the phone and it be pish!

2ia98j9.gif

2014 Focus Titanium
Lol @ all the fanboys trying to skirt around the problems and make it like it's not a big deal nor is it Apple's fault. If some of you could see what you were actually saying without your Apple glasses on you would probably laugh at yourselves like the rest of us are!

Fabia vrs tdi
Lol @ all the fanboys trying to skirt around the problems and make it like it's not a big deal nor is it Apple's fault. If some of you could see what you were actually saying without your Apple glasses on you would probably laugh at yourselves like the rest of us are!

I agree, it's truely pathetic. as long as their happy with what they have that's all that matters but it's far from perfect like mist are making it out to be.

I'll stick with my 3gs on 3.1.3, my gf got a 4 and not worth the hassle at the moment for me.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL @ the people sans iPhone 4's getting bothered about it.

I have one, it works perfectly. Happy fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.