ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  RS Megane DCi 175
^^ Yeah not up to much from what I can make out.
Three's deals are very competitive, although in my experience their coverage is pants, so given the 4's reputation for signal strength - it's not a great combo.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Signal strength isn't a issue, using it without a case is. My signal is better on my iPhone 4 than on all other previous iPhones I've owned.

RS 172
Got my iPhone 4 in today. Pretty nice, had a 3GS before it and to be honest it basically the same phone in a slightly different shape. Still, liked the 3GS so can only be an improvement.

But I still stand by my opinion that the Nokia N95 Black was the best phone I have ever had.

RS Megane DCi 175
What's the stock levels like of the bumper?
i.e. what's the likely hood of me walking into an Apple store and picking one up?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Until they fix the fact it misreports it you mean?

No I'm getting 3G connection and the speed that goes with it in areas where my 3GS would have already switched to Edge. A real improvement and not a fake representation due to signal bars.

Ollie's Silver Cup
I ordered mine sim-free from apple today; they're stating 3 weeks until shipping, so any sooner is a bonus I guess :)

Looking forward to it :D

57 Clio Campus Sport
Mine has been fine since I got bumper, mum got bumper but hers has had constant problems with signal. It will either go to no service or be full signal and still not make/receive calls or send texts.

She calls o2 where a woman said they would send out a replacement next day which I thought was strange with the stock issues. No parcel arrives the next day so she calls o2 again where a guy tells her the woman straight out lied to her, didn't put anything on the system at all and that they have no iPhones until next shipment in a few weeks.

I'm pretty sure it is a dodgy one so she's going to have to return it and go back to 3G for a few weeks.

Citroen C4 Coupe
Woo, just picked up an iPhone 4. It's syncing at the min, and says "waiting for activation", my 3G has now gone to no service. Can anyone tell me how long it's likely to take? I kinda need to use my phone! Oops!

Abarth 500 Essesse
So am i the first on here to have theres stolen??? 4 hours in a queue for a c**t of a taxi driver to steal it. Great.

O2 insure have been really good though, glad i sorted that out. Waived the exces fee due to the circumstances as well which was nice of them. However no phone at the minute and i've got to wait for O2 to get some more stock as they don't have any left :(

Abarth 500 Essesse
Night out, got taxi home, he wouldn't let me go into my house to get money, i felt a little threatened by the way he was speaking, he also wanted me to leave my phone with him whilst i got the money out of my house (wouldn't except me leaving anything else, i refused to do this for obvious reasons, so he started to drive me back to town, he was radio'ing other cabs at this point, so i decided the best policy was to run at the next lights, he caught me, other cabs turned up. I get some bruises and he gets a barred iphone 4, which he can use as a paper weight. Pretty much covers it, reported to the police, etc.

No doubt if they ever caught up with him he'd say the complete opposite and say he felt threatened and i was refusing to pay, etc. Moral of the story is don't get in private hire cabs that you haven't ordered.

DB.

BMW 440i
That's a right shitter.

I hate taxi drivers with a passion. This has made me hate them even more.

My dad has his iPhone 4 now, love it! Signal issue is a bit annoying as when you have no signal, you realise you are covering the antenna part, seems a bit silly tbf and i hope they revise this on the next model!

Corsa :$
Wait for the white. It'll be epic.

I know its gotten to the point now though that im checking apple online several times a day incase it comes on sale and then i miss it then have to wait ages for new stock!! Im sick to death of my current phone and its pay as you go ways as i decided to wait till i had the phone on the way till i ordered my new sim/contract.

Do we have anyt dates yet?..and anyone else managing to still wait>?

Leon Cupra 300
I've got a replacement iPhone on Saturday and it's spot on, not had a problem with signal even when hold it... so i'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.