ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 scratched camera lens cover!!!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
My iphone 4 camera lens is very scratched and i'm sure its effecting my cameras quality!!

Will Apple replace this under warranty???

Many thanks :cool:

Bus w**ker
So you scratched your phone and want Apple to replace it free of charge, right?

Hell if that's the case I'll get them to replace mine after I dropped it on the floor and cracked the rear glass plate! And here was me actually expecting to have to pay £140.

Wonder if they will replace my failing PC with a 27" iMac...

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Yeh been doing a bit of research and found that it was a design fault on some of the phones that the lens sticks out further then the glass back!! So hopefully they'll replace the phone or change the rear panel for me !!!

My bonnet sticks out further than my windscreen. Going to see if Renault will get rid of the stonechips for me.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
You can replace just the camera lense. Costs about £8 for a decent one off eBay or £15 for a genuine piece from some sites and all you do is undo bottom 2 screws on iPhone and slip back cover off. The lens pops out of the rear cover as it's not part of the camera. No warranty sticker will be touched either by the way, obviously you are voiding you warranty but no way of telling you've done it so.

On another note, my misses IP4 makes a rattle when you tap the back (up near the camera) - is this normal?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
On another note, my misses IP4 makes a rattle when you tap the back (up near the camera) - is this normal?
Mines does that mate.

Does anybody know if I take my borkeded old samsung in and get a new iPhone 4 for free?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I guess thats good to hear, that it's not an issue or something that shouldn't be loose!
I think it's fine dude, it's like around the jack area, just be something inside.

I'll try and wangle a new one before my warranty is out! :eek:

I think it's fine dude, it's like around the jack area, just be something inside.

I'll try and wangle a new one before my warranty is out! :eek:

Think it might be the camera, if i hold the phone and gently push on the camera lens the rattle goes!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Think it might be the camera, if i hold the phone and gently push on the camera lens the rattle goes!

yeh mine rattles too mate!!!

Got a genius bar appointment 2mo.....

Mk3 clio 1.5
I got a real phone with android. although thinking about it, might claim under the warranty for apple screwing with my head and making me not pick a iphone.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Hello all.....

Just got back from apple store and they have replaced my old handset for a brand new one !! Apparently scratched camera lens are a design fault so if yours is scratched they will
Replace it !!!

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
My mate had his iPhone 4 replaced because of this. Surprised me tbh but fair play apple / orange.