ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Leon Cupra 300
Re: iPhone 4G (No longer rumours)

I'm going to just get it on 18month contract with 300/600mins plus the 7.50 family bolt on...

i need the minutes, and not too fussed for keeping the contract for 18months. hopefully should be a 5g or watever in 18months.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

Also worth noting that o2 do now offer iPhone simplicity tariffs which include wifi and visual voicemail.

Yep I'll be sticking with mine too. Rather sell my 3GS add some money and buy the new one outright just so I'm not stuck with an 18-24 month tariff again

When i got my 3GS, i pre-ordered it through Carphone Warehouse. The only place that you could pre-order them AFAIK?

Not sure if they'll do it for the new one tho?

LY 200

Mines up for upgrade on the 20th of this month!

Is the 3gs worth getting? I love my 3g so i cant see it being any worse/the 4g being much different surely?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Mines up for upgrade on the 20th of this month!

Is the 3gs worth getting? I love my 3g so i cant see it being any worse/the 4g being much different surely?

Given that the 3GS is considerably faster than the 3G....

Given that the iPad is considerably faster than the 3Gs (and has a higher res screen)....

Given that the new iPhone has the same processor as the iPad....

I'll leave it for you to do the math! lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Agreed, my boss has literally just got a 3GS! (his first iPhone)

I'm still sporting my 3G waiting for the new one. I've also just ordered a new 8900 Blackberry through work (for work).

LY 200

No, wait 100000000%

Anyone who is going to get an old iPhone when this is just round the corner are fools lol.

I can't wait, I'm creaming.

I have had somebody on my back for months about having my 3g hence why i couldnt wait for my upgrade date to come round!

They are getting it free though so can wait a month if the 4g's going to be that much better.

Audi S1

I have had somebody on my back for months about having my 3g hence why i couldnt wait for my upgrade date to come round!

They are getting it free though so can wait a month if the 4g's going to be that much better.

Dude, seriously get the 4G.

We will all be on here with our boners. Do you want to join in and have a boner to? I think you do.

Facelift R53 Cooper S

I'll have to wait until December to get one :(

Then i'll be half way there to a possible 5G..............hmmmmmmmmmm?

Facelift R53 Cooper S

Because i'm not prepared to buyout my 3GS contract.

I got an 18 month contract last June. (On launch day :cool:)

E87 118d M Sport

You dont need too.

New phone on PAYG will be approx £450. and on contract about £200 (obviously approx figures).

Your 3GS is currently worth £300 (ish, depending on condition).

Sell your 3GS, buy the new one on PAYG. Will cost you £150 (or worst case scenario, the same price as if you were starting a contract on the new phone).

In 6 months time (when your 18 month contract expires) downgrade to simplicity (depending on which tariff your on) and save enough money over the 6 months to cover most of the cash youve spent.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

going to risk it and walk into o2 on launch day i think, there is one next to my office and i start at 6.30 so should manage to get there on time :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

hmmm hope this will fit in th tomtom cradle after blowing 100 notes on one when it came out..... :eek:

Which phone is half price? :S

They do a new PAYG tariff now, which is unlimited data and unlimited texts if you top up £15 a month. Then I just use the £15 for calls.
The iphone 3gs 90 quid now isnt it?

When bought in a contract as above...

Go cry to your momma!

Where are we all going to get micro SIMs from for those of us buying outright?
I know we can cut our mini SIMs into micros but I don't really fancy it..

AFAIK, T-Mobile don't even issue them =S

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Yeah, the chip is the same size. It's just the surround.

Guillotine that mofo.

Slow red one

So the best way to go is buy it from either apple or a phone shop and get the o2 simplicity sim yeah? Currently on contract with my 3g but it runs out next month.

Mondeo STTDCI

My contract finishes in August. By which time -

Availability issues will be sorted
I wont have to queue forever
I wont be called a fanboy
Price might even have reduced slightly

E87 118d M Sport

My contract finishes in August. By which time -

Availability issues will be sorted
I wont have to queue forever
I wont be called a fanboy
Price might even have reduced slightly

I'd go with No to all 4 tbh.

172, Westfield

I currently have a 2g - purchased when they were being flogged for £150 without needing an iphone contract.

I put a O2 simplicty sim and have paid about £20 a month since.

The 2g is unbelievably slow these days so its going to be upgrade to 4g time.

I want to keep my number that I currently have.

If I walked into an o2 store and got the phone on say PAYG - would it be a case that I could keep my exisiting number and transfer my O2 simplicy contract to one of these new iphone simplicty contracts that sneeks refers too? My simplicity contract that I currently have is pre specific iphone contracts. Would it be deemed an 'upgrade'?

Or would I have to think about transferring my number before launch to say an orange PAYG and then port back to a brand new O2 simplicity contract?

Would the above be the same if I went for a monthly deal as well instead of just getting PAYG?

Cheers

My o2 contract is up in the next 3 weeks. I currently have a 8GB 3G iPhone, i will be getting the 4G i am just unsure what the best way to go about it is, could anyone please advise me ?

Christoph ? Tom ? Sneeks ? Revels ?

Citroen DS3 DSport

If I walked into an o2 store and got the phone on say PAYG - would it be a case that I could keep my exisiting number and transfer my O2 simplicy contract to one of these new iphone simplicty contracts that sneeks refers too? My simplicity contract that I currently have is pre specific iphone contracts. Would it be deemed an 'upgrade'?

Or would I have to think about transferring my number before launch to say an orange PAYG and then port back to a brand new O2 simplicity contract?

Would the above be the same if I went for a monthly deal as well instead of just getting PAYG?

Cheers

Simply buy a o2 iPhone payg handset and put your current simplicity sim into it. Phone o2 and ask to be transferred onto a iPhone simplicity tariff. The contract length on these is 30 days so no need to worry about that.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport

My o2 contract is up in the next 3 weeks. I currently have a 8GB 3G iPhone, i will be getting the 4G i am just unsure what the best way to go about it is, could anyone please advise me ?

Christoph ? Tom ? Sneeks ? Revels ?

All depends if you have the cash to buy payg and use your existing sim card or if you'd rather take a contract upgrade and get the iPhone for a lower upfront cost. If you choose to buy payg then swap your current tariff onto a iPhone Simplicity option instead.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182

Im on vodaphone and my contract is up now so who will be the company to go for? when is the release date and will all companys get it or just some? ( sorry not read it all as its 26 pages)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Currently running a shitty 2G iphone.. can't wait to upgrade to a 4G my contract expires just in time :D

I personally like the look of the new iphone.. although the HTC 4G does look nice also !

Slow red one

Checked today and im good to upgrade or cancel just gotta give o2 30 days notice, will be buying the 4g on PAYG though with simplicity sim.

Judging by your question, it it wasn't aimed at you it should have been.

Bit uncalled for i think, just after some advice from decent people most of whom i mentioned in the original post who know quite a bit more about it than i do.

If you have nothing nice to say and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.