ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4S Fooked

Turbos.
Recently the volume on my iPhone stopped working. I managed to get it working again by simply plugging in my earphones halfway into the socket! Fluke...

Again, completely randomly, my lock/on/off button has stopped working. Googling the problem shows its not necessarily the button, but the wires beneath it. If i push the button really hard, it will respond. In the meantime, i've turned the accessibility setting on so i can lock the screen via touchscreen controls.

So basically i was going to carry on happily until contract renews and i could change phones, but i've picked up my iPhone to now see a black screen! It defo was not out of charge (i see mentions of 'black screen of death' on Google!), just unresponsive.

I have seen a hard reset could fix it, but that involves holding the lock button so isn't really an option for me. I also understand you can't just whip the battery out, which would have been an obvious idea for resetting.

Any ideas? Otherwise guess i'll be off to the Apple Cnut Store to try and get some smiley moron to reluctantly fix it...

Ford Focus ST2
What happens if you plug the phone in to the computer via the USB cable, does iTunes see the phone? If iTunes can see the phone then you could try and restore in iTunes (you will lose you data) if not already backed up.

If not get a DIY kit from ebay (about £4 - do not try to open the phone without the special screw driver as you will rip the screw heads apart!) to open the iPhone and follow http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone+4S+Teardown/6610/1 to make sure all the connections are made on to the logic board!