ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK

M240i
We had a thread around January last year for the build up to the iPhone 4 and rumours/thoughts, so it's time for this years one ;).

There's been a few things kicking about in 2010 about what the new iPhone will have.

Some of these may be for the next iPhone in 2012 as i'm sure I've seen that iPhone 4S/5 will already be in it's final stages of testing.

Things like, Apple patenting the placement of an antenna behind the logo on the back of the phone.

It'll come with a dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 chip.

What would you like to see in the new one? Better camera, bigger screen, better battery?

Not a hardware item but I'd like to see the iOS notification system revamped.

I do think that there will be a significant hardware change based on the antenna issues that everyone went on about, but all phones have them ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
  133, 182, Kangoo 182
Re: iPhone 4S/5?

Not a great deal they can do it in my opinion... As long as it's faster, better battery life, better camera etc then I'll upgrade. Roll on this summer! :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Make the battery last longer, ability to have your own text/ringtones and give it profiles like in nokias, sorted.

When do the new phones come out usually, my 3GS contract finishes end of feb, so don't see the point in getting a new phone yet.

Make the battery last longer, ability to have your own text/ringtones and give it profiles like in nokias, sorted.

Texts won't happen. Profiles won't happen. You can already set your own ringtones.

It'll be the usual tweaks. Camera improved. Bit faster. Better battery. Design will change slightly. No white.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't expect any of it to happen, can't set ringtones without modifiying the phone, buying them, or using an app.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Bluetooth sharing, but only for your pictures. And wireless itunes sync maybe? Or is that wishfull thinking.

Apart from that like Dan says the usual stuff.

My contract on my 3GS is up in May, going to get a simplicity iphone 12 month contract then and just buy the iphone outright, works out a bit cheaper and means I can change phone more often :)

Jesus Christ. Maybe email Steve and ask him to come round and do it for you?

No phone in the world comes with your own music on there. So how would you like ringtones to be selected? Wireless transfer is probably disallowed under your rules.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My contract on my 3GS is up in May, going to get a simplicity iphone 12 month contract then and just buy the iphone outright, works out a bit cheaper and means I can change phone more often :)

Have you looked at PAYG?

Do you actually phone people on yours lol? If you just want texts and data cracking deals on PAYG.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Jesus Christ. Maybe email Steve and ask him to come round and do it for you?

No phone in the world comes with your own music on there. So how would you like ringtones to be selected? Wireless transfer is probably disallowed under your rules.

My 10 year old nokia allows me to edit, record etc pretty much anything on the phone. Can't even choose an MP3 thats already on the iPhone as a ringtone without f**king about.

Also getting MP3s sounds etc on it is far more complicated than the good old drag drop on my nokia.

Such a small thing that puts a dent in a superb phone.

E87 118d M Sport
Lol an iPhone is all about iTunes. I wouldnt dream of not using it alongside the phone. Much better than having a stand-alone unit imo.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I hate iTunes, offends me eveytime i have to use it, TBF though i don't listen to music so only use it for updates/SYNC.

I don't have problems using it, just it's crap software also the update doesn't work on my laptop for some reason.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Have you looked at PAYG?

Do you actually phone people on yours lol? If you just want texts and data cracking deals on PAYG.

Dont often ring no, just text and data. £15 a month on O2 simplicity for iphone, unlimited wifi, 500mb data, unlimited texts, some minutes. CBA with PAYG, its easier if the money just goes out by itself every month.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Dont often ring no, just text and data. £15 a month on O2 simplicity for iphone, unlimited wifi, 500mb data, unlimited texts, some minutes. CBA with PAYG, its easier if the money just goes out by itself every month.

Fair one, just me personally i don't fancy being in a contract unless i need to.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
TBF, iTunes is probably the worst thing Apple do. But you can't do an iPhone without.

197 FF Glacier White
Fair one, just me personally i don't fancy being in a contract unless i need to.

TESCO PAYG is superb. Read up on it, I've had it a year now and not only can I NOT run out of credit, I have £79 left! Mad!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
TESCO PAYG is superb. Read up on it, I've had it a year now and not only can I NOT run out of credit, I have £79 left! Mad!

All they seam to offer is the tripple credit thing?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I dont really see the problem with itunes.

I just change a couple of settings like import settings and stopping itunes sort the music for me and its the best music software i have ever used.

DB.

BMW 440i
£999 for an iMac - student discount of around £120 = £880. £800ish - student discount for a Macbook = £700ish.

Normal laptop = £400-£450.

My girlfriends dell had a battery life of around 5 minutes after a year, leading to her needing a new charger and battery at the cost of £100.

Definitely worth the extra for a product that is better/more reliable!

Back to the iPhones though. I can see them introducing the white tbh, I dont think they have too much extra to introduce this time.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Most of the things people are suggesting are already available via jailbreak.

For example I just synced my new tomtom app to iTunes wirelessly whilst checking the forums on tapatalk... Simple!

I think they'll either go alum and no colours (kinda like the original jus sleeker) or they will have perfected the white and offer that alongside black. Perhaps they'll just design it so light can't leak like in the White iPhone 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
£999 for an iMac - student discount of around £120 = £880. £800ish - student discount for a Macbook = £700ish.

Normal laptop = £400-£450.

My girlfriends dell had a battery life of around 5 minutes after a year, leading to her needing a new charger and battery at the cost of £100.

Definitely worth the extra for a product that is better/more reliable!

Back to the iPhones though. I can see them introducing the white tbh, I dont think they have too much extra to introduce this time.

I just bought a new dell laptop charger for £6.99 posted off ebay and a new battery is only £8.99 off ebay to.

She got ripped off paying £100.

Status
Not open for further replies.