ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB.

BMW 440i
I looked around as well as her, the cheapest possible for the right one from eBay for hers was about £60 for both, and they both looked very sketchy and from foreign importers who would have taken far longer to deliver than needed. (Two massive assignments due in within the next fortnight).

2.2 bar shed.
Then why not turn off simple passcode and then you can type in whatever you want as a passcode?

Also, 4 digits is still 9999 combinations. Thats a fair wedge, especially when the retry rate doesn't stay instant...

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Things id like to see happen with the iPhone 5

New simplistic spell check. Why do apple insist on over complicating things??? Blackberry do it well. And before you fan boys jump on board... No mine doesn't remember a word are 2 attempts..

This brings me nicely onto iTunes. total s**t. Again over complicated for what it is.

Other than that. Simple battery life.

Also when i ran out of signal with my blackberry it seems to search for a new signal very quickly but the iPhone takes ages to search. And after i've ran out i don't get signal for a few minutes. Even if im in an area that i know i do.

Never above 25mpg
I'd like the antenna back inside the phone and better battery life.
Tech will get faster of it's own accord so I'm quite happy with the speed of it.

The slimmer profile and thinness against the 3G/S was a great improvement.

2014 Focus Titanium
1) Get rid of iTunes
2) Use phone as mass storage device

Since neither of the two will happen, I'm pretty sure my iPhone 3GS will be getting replaced with Android/W7 come July when I upgrade.

2 Years ago iPhones were the best phone out by a LONG shot. Now everyone else has caught up with the whole ease-of-use-nice-GUI and quite frankly there are better phones out there. Apple will need to come up with something absolutely mind blowing next for me to stay with Apple.

And yes, iTunes is f**king terrible. Overcomplicated, under-tweakable POS.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Things id like to see happen with the iPhone 5

New simplistic spell check. Why do apple insist on over complicating things??? Blackberry do it well. And before you fan boys jump on board... No mine doesn't remember a word are 2 attempts..

This brings me nicely onto iTunes. total s**t. Again over complicated for what it is.

Other than that. Simple battery life.

Also when i ran out of signal with my blackberry it seems to search for a new signal very quickly but the iPhone takes ages to search. And after i've ran out i don't get signal for a few minutes. Even if im in an area that i know i do.

Here's a idea... Buy another blackberry ;)

Last edited:
  BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
iTunes is s**t. But i still think it's the best phone out there by a long way.

New one hopefully will have better camera faster thinner more capacity the usual refinements.

2014 Focus Titanium
Hi David, have you tried any of the very latest android / windows 7 phones at all. Up until about 3 weeks ago I still thought the iphone was the best thing out there but after having a good go on a Samsung Galaxy S (Android) and a HTC HD7 I think everyone else has caught up. Not that iPhones are now bad, but I think it's worth noting the competition has got much stronger in the past 12 months.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I really don't understand the hate for iTunes. What's so hard about it?

Built in file converter, sync options if you want, smart playlists, organisation if you want, genius playlists etc etc etc

The only thing I don't like about the new one is the grey sidebar, which is easily fixed.

MKV R32
Then why not turn off simple passcode and then you can type in whatever you want as a passcode?

I would like the option to have to enter the passcode whenever i enter mail or safari or apps etc, and have different passcodes for them. not just one and your in.

Bus w**ker
Also, 4 digits is still 9999 combinations.

I used to hate iTunes when it first came out, but now it's awesome. The only music software I use, a few things could be improved to make it more user friendly (backup/transfer etc) but on the whole it works flawlessly.

Clio 182 cup'd
I expect to see:
Antenna design "done right"
6 or 8mp camera
Bigger battery
FaceTime crap over 3G
Game centre will be redesigned so people bother using it ( and to beat off xbox live and the playstation phone)
More adverts in aps

What I'd like to see: bite SMS style texting out the box
iOS redesign so that it is more interactive, like the weather app: it's not always 23 degrees!
I'd like to see widgets on the home screen, I doubt any of those will happen though.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I would like the option to have to enter the passcode whenever i enter mail or safari or apps etc, and have different passcodes for them. not just one and your in.

What's the point in that? Unless you're trying to hide something from the lady ;)

Which other phones can do that?

Mk4 .:R32
The only things I want to see are moving of the antenna to prevent/reduce the signals issues/call drops, improved camera, more memory, maybe a bigger screen, a proximity sensor that works (mines still f**ks up even after all the updates), and longer battery life.

Still love the phone. Think this is the longest I've had a phone since I was about 16.

Suzuki Ignis
Is there a rumor of an updated phone coming out within the next 3 months? I was gunna get a 4 this week and let my current contract just run out in march as its with a different company to who I can get a good deal with.

But if there a possibility that a new one will tie in with my current running out then Ill just hold on. BB doing my head in though.

Multiple selection for uploading photos would be nice... But I guess that is software/iOS changes. Real fag to have to upload photos to facebook one at a time.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Is there a rumor of an updated phone coming out within the next 3 months? I was gunna get a 4 this week and let my current contract just run out in march as its with a different company to who I can get a good deal with.

But if there a possibility that a new one will tie in with my current running out then Ill just hold on. BB doing my head in though.

It will be out in June/July... Every year at this time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 182 cup'd
Multiple selection for uploading photos would be nice... But I guess that is software/iOS changes. Real fag to have to upload photos to facebook one at a time.

Is that not facebooks design though? Not apples.

lol @ all the people issues with iTunes on Windows. It's the most simple, easiest to use software ever. And imho s***s all over winamp and all the crap.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Agreed. I used to use Winamp when I was 12..

iTunes is about as easy as it can get, searching is easy, Genius playlists are brilliant, and the album art being copied quickly to the phone is also nice.

AK

M240i
Is there anything that they can do with the screen to better it? Or is the retina display the best that can be put onto that small a device?

The pixel count is already so high that surely increasing it would ultimately be pointless? The screen is the best part of the phone as it is.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Better email functionality ... I bloody hate having to select every single email to delete them all!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
This is the only time I think I'm fully contented with an iPhone, without aching for the new hardware. The 4 is brilliant, and will still be brilliant.

Unless the new hardware runs an i7, I'll be riding out my 18 month contract with 02 for the first time.

320d
Think I may be going for a 4 in April. 12 month contract with Tesco. Have to pay £229 for the phone but can easily sell it for that in 12 months time. Hopefully then the 5 will be out and a reasonable price.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Think I may be going for a 4 in April. 12 month contract with Tesco. Have to pay £229 for the phone but can easily sell it for that in 12 months time. Hopefully then the 5 will be out and a reasonable price.

Wait dude. The new hardware will 99% be announced in June at WWDC, then released in July.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Whats the Vodafone early upgrade time? 30 or 60 days? Contract officially ends 2nd Sept this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.