ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
They haven't rang me.

Might give them a ring today.

Chances are they probably wont offer you the deal then. I asked 'does everyone get offered this?, 'not everyone he said' 'some get downgraded to 2g :0

Im sure you will be fine :)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they said it was going to change, like a day or two difference. They also mentioned reinbursing me if ive over paid. Like you say i wilii check that as we all know what companies are like. Saying that orange have allways been preety good to me.

Orange have always been decent with me, hence being with them for years.

As for coverage. I have no issue anywhere in Nottingham, no issue when I was in Sheffield, London and somewhere else.

Work is awesome as we're right under a transmitter. Sadly, we're moving 8 miles down the road and I go out of range, which is annoying.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Its free so im happy. When i bought the phone back in november they offered it too me at xyz and i thought nah im ok. Hold out ftw :). Not that it was a major temptation to begin with lol

An orange one
FFS my iPhone is currently a brick!!

After my recent "searching..." issues, I have now been without signal for 27 hours and made a genius appointment for Sunday and thankfully backed up last night to my computer, tried to update to 6.1.4 and it went into recovery mode and now won't restore just gives me an error (-1)

​Aaarrgghhhh

An orange one
So got iPhone 5 number 3 today and all seems well so far!

None of the initial set up issues I had with the last one either, it was up and running when I left the store, not 7 hours later this time

Just doing a restore now, have to be honest, as annoying as these faults are you cannot fault apples replacement policy, was in store less than 5 minutes and walked out up and running :)

Had trouble with my 5 after about 2 months of owning it. iTunes wouldn't recognise my device, neither would my car headunit or my Bose speaker dock. I tried various different cables and docks etc with no luck :-( it would sometimes show the charging symbol but actually continue to lose power!

Took it to apple, even their diagnostic software wouldn't pick up my handset. Seeing as their diagnostic test failed and they didn't know what the problem was = hello new handset. Was in and out within 15 minutes, chuffed too as my original handset was fairly battered :) can't fault apple service up bluewater.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
A little late to the party but I've finally bought a 16gb 5 in black today. I decided it was time to retire my 4 seen as it's 3 years old next month.

I can't use it until tomorrow though, not until I've been and sorted a nano SIM card out. My pinlo slice case should arrive for it tomorrow too :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nope it's definatly faster and battery seems to have improved. Worthy upgrade if you can get it for free :)

White APE
I know this is something that has probably been asked before and nobody can say for sure but do any of you apple guru's have any idea when the next iphone will be with us wether it be 5s or 6.

I have a 4s currently and its started going on the blink. Battery life will drop 10% when you open a photo and then 20 minutes later it will have gone back up a few%. Siri will just randomly activate and its constantly screen shotting in my pocket.

Dont want to fork out £500 on a 5 if a new one is here soon.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mmm this is odd. Since putting the new 4g sim card in any time i txt another iphone it doesnt show my number. When i ring said iphone person my number comes up. Girlfriend has an S3 and no issues when i txt or phone her. Anyone else encontoured this??

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
So not just in my head thinking its quicker then? And battery life has def improved from pretty bad to not so bad. Oh and to think I was thinking of paying for it back when my contract was due :)

PH2 Flamer
Every time I get a text my phone goes off like normal, and then when I unlock it to read it, it goes again.

Annoyingly I can't find a setting to stop this. Any idea?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Every time I get a text my phone goes off like normal, and then when I unlock it to read it, it goes again.

Annoyingly I can't find a setting to stop this. Any idea?

I have this too. It's almost as if we are too quick to read it! If its not there, just quit the app, wait a few seconds, then go back in, and it will appear!

It would be solved by a software restore, but for the sake of waiting 5 secs for the odd text, I'm keeping it as it is!

PH2 Flamer
Don't think you understand it mate. It's always there?

I get a text through, and like normal my phone will make my text tone sound.

It doesn't matter if I unlock my phone straight away, or hours later, but as soon as I do, my text tone goes again. I can only assume to remind me about it. But it's annoying.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Don't think you understand it mate. It's always there?

I get a text through, and like normal my phone will make my text tone sound.

It doesn't matter if I unlock my phone straight away, or hours later, but as soon as I do, my text tone goes again. I can only assume to remind me about it. But it's annoying.

This shouldn't happen. There is not a feature to allow you to turn this off/on.

Best to restore it, fella.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
How do I do that? To I need to back my iphone5 up?

Yep. Back it up. Plug iPhone into conputer. Open iTunes. Click restore when in the summary page of the device you have plugged in.

It's important that you set up as a new device and not restore from backup. If you do, you will have the same issue but have water half an hour of your life.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
So, my lock button has given up the ghost. Have to press it a particular way to get it to lock, otherwise it doesn't. Taking it to Lakeside Saturday. I'm hoping they will replace it for me :(

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I was in the lakeside shop a couple if weeks ago with mine. They are awesome. Probably the best customer service I've ever received in a shop tbh. Shame I don't live in Grays anymore you could of popped in for a cuppa.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I was in the lakeside shop a couple if weeks ago with mine. They are awesome. Probably the best customer service I've ever received in a shop tbh. Shame I don't live in Grays anymore you could of popped in for a cuppa.

Never mind. That said will probably be a bit strapped for time anyway. Me and Brian are doing the CSS ticket send out Saturday as well.