ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

Not sure why but I'd never pre-order a contract upgrade when there is uncertainty over timing. Would rather stick with my existing phone, wait a week or so longer and at least be able to physically get my hands on the phone there and then.

Yeah, I sort of agree.

But people are being told it's going to be a few weeks and they got in on the first day. Lol.

If you attempt to wait it out, it could and probably will be November before there's free and easy to get stock.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Well it doesn't really apply to me as I'm planning on hanging on my 4s for another couple of years. If it ever turns up!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
They used to do video years and years ago. Then they tried it with an event more recently but it didn't do it again.

They currently have the attention of masses of people. They use 80% of the time to congratulate themselves. Lol.

The last event the live-streamed was the 2010 iPod event. Chris Martin from Coldplay swore when he played a son at the end. This, coupled with the fact that sometimes the demos don't go as smoothly as they hope regarding wifi connections mean they decided its better to release a version they're happy with.

Lou

Anyone on Tesco, who has ordered the iPhone 5 from Apple should call the customer care on Monday and they will arrange for a nano sim to be sent out.

How are you guys managing to upgrade via O2 site?

I just get out of stock (obviously) and inactive icon for the check out icon.

Changes to often
Best deal at the min is on orange, upfront cost of 29.99 41 per month, unlimited calls texts and 2gb of data

36 per month, unlimited calls txts and 1gb, upfront cost 109

These deals are here at carphone warehouse, on the 16gb version

The 32gb is for the same deal on 36 per month but 219 for the phone

On the o2 network the 32gb is 359, but 26 per month for unlimited calls txts and 1gb of data

The 16gb is the same but only 249

They are all 24 month

You can pre order now

Hope this helps

I assume if you switch network you cant keep your mobile number?

If so, that's the main reason I'll stick with O2. Can't be assed with the hassle of changing number.

ah nice!

So now it's just a case of picking the best network now.

I like that o2 have the £26 pm, with unlimited text etc and 1GB.

But do other networks have better coverage? (not too bothered about 4G yet, as that seems to be a bit of a con). I'd rather have better 3G coverage in more places, that 4G just in major cities.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Looking at the Contracts you'd be a fool NOT to just buy one outright and get a sim only plan. Not only will I not be tied into a contract for 2 years, but for me at least it'll save me £300+ in the long run.

Also, I'm using the cash from selling my wheels to buy it straight from the apple store. Legit? I don't usually deal in cash LOL. Also, if I were to go to the MK store on Saturday, do you actually thing they'll have run out? Really?

Also, if I were to go to the MK store on Saturday, do you actually thing they'll have run out? Really?

LOL! You have no chance.

I was in London a month or so after the 4 came out and people were still having to queue up and getting turned away.

Online store is saying 2-3 weeks now.

An orange one

Just been into carphone warehouse in Carlisle pick up my 32gb black on launch day on O2 £31 per month

Was first one they have sold lol! And O2 waived my upgrade fee

BG 182 FF

Looking at the Contracts you'd be a fool NOT to just buy one outright and get a sim only plan. Not only will I not be tied into a contract for 2 years, but for me at least it'll save me £300+ in the long run.

Also, I'm using the cash from selling my wheels to buy it straight from the apple store. Legit? I don't usually deal in cash LOL. Also, if I were to go to the MK store on Saturday, do you actually thing they'll have run out? Really?

Can you show me the maths for this? Even going on giff gaffs cheapest the saving isn't worth it considering you get 250 mins as opposed to unlimited?

Sim only
Phone 64gb- £700
Giff Gaff - £10 (24 months)
Total 24 month ownership = £940

o2
Phone 64gb - £400
Contract £ 26 ( 24 months)
Total 24 month ownership = £1024

Even in my current state I'm worse off - £27 p/m simplicity for 600 mins + 500 mb

Sim only with simplicity
Phone 64gb- £700
Simplicity - £27 (24 months)
Total 24 month ownership = £1348

And thats only 600 mins and 500mb as opposed to unlimited and 1gb!!

I feel stupid for rushing to pre order from Apple....

Am I missing something?

Three is the best value as you get unlimited data. But depends if you are in a decent coverage area.

BG 182 FF

Could use a cutter and then a bit of sandpaper I suppose. In any case it makes going sim free an even worse proposition..

BG 182 FF

The new iphone takes nano sim, even smaller than micro

Yes you can get a nano sim cutter and then because it's 15% thinner you could sandpaper it... Not that I would bother... Back to the finances though...

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

f**k me there is some bull s**t in this thread.

Have to admit, black looks better than white in the photos but would like to see it in the flesh first.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

I'm really looking forward to it too.

I'm not going to lie. I'm not as excited this time around but then im going from a 4s to 5. Last time was 3gs to 4s.

Maybe I'm getting old.

Fiesta ST-3

I'm really looking forward to it too.

I'm not going to lie. I'm not as excited this time around but then im going from a 4s to 5. Last time was 3gs to 4s.

Maybe I'm getting old.

Im going from a 4 to 5 and I'm so excited!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Anyone else that has order a nano-sim struggling to find places with nano-micro sim adapters? I went to a few phone shops today but none had them. Ended up having to order 2 online for a couple of quid each. Means that when the nano arrives on Tuesday I can have it activated using my current 4 so on Friday I "just stick it in the 5" and it works.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Anyone else that has order a nano-sim struggling to find places with nano-micro sim adapters? I went to a few phone shops today but none had them. Ended up having to order 2 online for a couple of quid each. Means that when the nano arrives on Tuesday I can have it activated using my current 4 so on Friday I "just stick it in the 5" and it works.

You get your nano on Tuesday? Which network? And how?

M135i

I've just walked into the local CPW and pre ordered a Black 16GB. I currently have a 32GB 4 but I've not even used 9GB of its memory.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

You get your nano on Tuesday? Which network? And how?

I phoned 3 yesterday and ordered 2 on the 1 month rolling contract @ £12.90 per month.

Fiesta ST3

I phoned 3 yesterday and ordered 2 on the 1 month rolling contract @ £12.90 per month.
same here swapped from 3's £15 payg onto there £12.90 rolling monthly contract other wise they wanted £5 to swap my payg sim to a nano so i went onto the monthly contract for free

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

same here swapped from 3's £15 payg onto there £12.90 rolling monthly contract other wise they wanted £5 to swap my payg sim to a nano so i went onto the monthly contract for free

I'm gonna phone and add tethering to my 3 sim only deal. Will make it £17.90 a month but will see a saving of £5 as I currently have a O2 sim in my 3G iPad 2 costing me a tenner a month.

Fiesta ST3

I'm gonna phone and add tethering to my 3 sim only deal. Will make it £17.90 a month but will see a saving of £5 as I currently have a O2 sim in my 3G iPad 2 costing me a tenner a month.
i could tether with payg didnt know they charged extra on a rolling contract:dapprove: