ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
I've noticed there are loads of sellers on eBay selling cables/car chargers/adapters, but are expected to receive their stock first week in October.

I'll wait a couple of weeks, then order when eBay is flooded.

For now, I've got a USB car charger, and I'll take my USB cable with me if I need it.

Audi S1
I didn't read that dispatch part :eek:

707 is impressive. Now I just want someone to make a dock.

This is like having a new born baby and making it sleep on the floor. Urgh.

I feel your pain. The amount of times I've gone to put my iPhone 5 on the old dock on my desk!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've pre-ordered a Sena slip case for the car. It's better than tossing it in the console and it rattling around.

That's the only time you're allowed a case. Lol.

DCI 80
All the cases for the 5 are horrible. I think i'm going to get a pouch to protect it from my keys when it's in my pocket, but actually use it naked. Can't hide it away, it's too nice!

Audi TTS S Tronic
Ordered mine Sunday from phones4u store, dispatched today and receiving it via Royal Fail Special tomorrow :)

16gb White iPhone 5.

I've got 12 months left of my 4s contract, but phones 4 u dropped my current tariff down end of this month, then the sale of my phone plus phones 4 u's contribution will pay off my contract, so even half way through my contract, I now get unlimited minutes as supposed to 900, and 1gb data as supposed to 500mb (and also unlimited texts of course!)

This for £41 a month. So I get a brand new phone, and more for my tariff, and save £1 a month!! WIN WIN!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
BENT iPhone 5

Been a lot of talk about the iPhone 5 on here so thought a few people might find this inersting.

My girlfriend pre-ordered her iPhone 5 and had it delivered on Friday. It's in the black/slate colour, she took it out of the box to find...........

well this video her colleague took speaks for itself

think I've embedded it right?

Last edited by a moderator:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Re: BENT iPhone 5

You hadn't embedded right but i edited it for you so it is now :)

I won't be the only one who put the phone on the desk and tested to see if it was bent :eek:

This will be pretty common when people put them in back pockets and sit on them.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've always had white since I was 16 so I'm sticking to it. Plus black aluminium is just asking for scratches.

I was only saying yesturday how clear the calls sound through the new phone! So mine must be one of the working ones haha.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I won't be the only one who put the phone on the desk and tested to see if it was bent :eek:

This will be pretty common when people put them in back pockets and sit on them.

Yeah all iPhone 5's should be 'desk tested'. There's actually stress marks in the aluminium around the volume buttons from the bend and they don't operate properly.

They've told her she'll have to wait 2 WEEKS for a replacement :eek:

Audi S1
I've made such a EPIC fail.

I was setting my iPhone up at my Mum's last night. Basically done everything there, but it didn't finish pulling down all of my photos from the iCloud. Got a message about 30 minutes after leaving from o2 telling me I've used all my Data. Great!

No internet at mine until 3rd October!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else who has transferred to orange find the data connection dodgy?
I have 4 bars and a 3G signal yet it can take minutes to send a simple iMessage.

Facebook reloads or browsing are the same, seems fine and then just stops for a few mins before it carries on.

Last edited:

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Erm.... Yea!

aqa5a6u8.jpg

That needs sorting!

RS6 C7
I missed out big time! Could have got the lightning cables from China at around the 50p mark!

The guys quids in on that if he's sold 700+ at £8 each!

SQ5
I ordered my lightening cable from Apple and it turned up before the phone.

Is there really that much of a shortage?!

Revels Mum & Sister
I am not going to bother for now. However the missus wants one.

Used the Apple Store Reserve function and managed to bag her a Black 32GB. However she now wants white FFS!!! Back into the pot that goes. Unless anyone near Exeter wants to pretend to be me LOL

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Got mine today. Have to say I'm not blown away by it. It's hard to justify the cost of it tbh.

If I get a decent price for my 4s then it will soften the blow a bit but I won't be upgrading to the next one unless there's a major change.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Silly question but why are people ordering cables from apple? I thought the one with the charger was good enough, or are they the same and just getting extra?

People want extras for the car/work etc etc.

ST
I am not going to bother for now. However the missus wants one.

Used the Apple Store Reserve function and managed to bag her a Black 32GB. However she now wants white FFS!!! Back into the pot that goes. Unless anyone near Exeter wants to pretend to be me LOL

I'll be in you.. Oh no wait, I could never live up to those good looks!