ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  Mercedes
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

How can people possibly need 64GB of memory on a mobile phone? Lol

Music collection, I carry an i pod in the car for my music, it has a cable for the old I Phone, the new one I can Bluetooth it all to car Job done

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

LOL at make double the amount. Abracadabra. Poof! Unlimited supply.

It's not double the amount but I'm sure they can predict what sales are going to be like prior to the phone going on sale! Therefore leaving hem with a target amount of handsets to produce. If they haven't got the target amount then they delay the release

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

Music collection, I carry an i pod in the car for my music, it has a cable for the old I Phone, the new one I can Bluetooth it all to car Job done

64GB of music? That is a LOT of music! Lol

Fiesta ST

I only ever Sync certain playlists on my iPhone - I don't need to carry my whole music collection on there (probably got 100gb of music on my PC). 16GB will be fine for me.

Honda. Tesla Someday

It's not double the amount but I'm sure they can predict what sales are going to be like prior to the phone going on sale! Therefore leaving hem with a target amount of handsets to produce. If they haven't got the target amount then they delay the release

Why make enough? In an ideal world, yes make enough... but in terms of business, if something goes out of stock, people want it more. Happens every year with launches and new iPhones etc. Plus Apple release the phone to so many different parts of the world at once, so there is no way in hell they'd be able to produce enough

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Why make enough? In an ideal world, yes make enough... but in terms of business, if something goes out of stock, people want it more. Happens every year with launches and new iPhones etc. Plus Apple release the phone to so many different parts of the world at once, so there is no way in hell they'd be able to produce enough

Ok letme rephrase it.

Say they sold 10million iPhone 4s' last year. Why not produce 11m iPhone 5? If form is anything to go by they sell more iPhones every time a new model comes out so logic dictates that they sell the 10m and have 1m spare to cover the extra phones they're going to sell because it's a new model and have extra to cover the time that it takes to catch up with manufacturing. It's not like they're going to have a surplus of handsets because they sell all year.

As for not bale to produce enough, release it later in the year?

DB.

BMW 440i

Ok letme rephrase it.

Say they sold 10million iPhone 4s' last year. Why not produce 11m iPhone 5? If form is anything to go by they sell more iPhones every time a new model comes out so logic dictates that they sell the 10m and have 1m spare to cover the extra phones they're going to sell because it's a new model and have extra to cover the time that it takes to catch up with manufacturing. It's not like they're going to have a surplus of handsets because they sell all year.

As for not bale to produce enough, release it later in the year?

Agree with the top paragraph, but not the last bit.

They may as well release it, relish in the hype over it, leave people wanting more, and create flowing business etc over the following year.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
If it says shipping 21/09 will you actually get the hand set on that day ???

There's no way they purposely run out. No way at all.

Someone, somewhere, will be unable to get a 5 in the timeframe that they desire. They'll go and buy something else. Maybe a different iPhone. Maybe something by Samsung. That's money lost.

They have been making as many as possible. It's not like there's kids in China sat twiddling their thumbs. They make thousands everyday. The 4S sold 4million in the first weekend. There's 380 retail stores that need stock. Hundreds of thousands to all the networks.

But yeah. Just build some more. Give Tim an email and suggest it.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

If it says shipping 21/09 will you actually get the hand set on that day ???

Yes. If you look at the map link a few pages ago then it shows which regions should get it on 21st.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

There's no way they purposely run out. No way at all.

Someone, somewhere, will be unable to get a 5 in the timeframe that they desire. They'll go and buy something else. Maybe a different iPhone. Maybe something by Samsung. That's money lost.

They have been making as many as possible. It's not like there's kids in China sat twiddling their thumbs. They make thousands everyday. The 4S sold 4million in the first weekend. There's 380 retail stores that need stock. Hundreds of thousands to all the networks.

But yeah. Just build some more. Give Tim an email and suggest it.

So they have 5 million stock this year then? Plenty to cover all bases, then it's all down to dispatching them to networks, stores etc. doesn't seem beyond the realms of capability to me. Everyone who wishes gets their phone on the day it's released then, even the people who weren't able to log a purchase at 8am this morning.

Just sent Tim an e-mail, had a reply said everyone apart from you will be getting theirs on time. Personal promise!
Also offered you a job of chief salesman, I think you should go for it

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I'm shocked at people moving to Orange, ime they have the worst coverage around and shocking customer service. O2 and Voda are the only 2 i'd consider. I've been with Voda 11 years so far actually thinking about it.

Anyway. 32gb Black for me, upgrade mid Oct. Perfect timing for the madness to calm. Filling 64gb is quite shocking I must say.

Think my contract will be £33 per month, 24 month. Perfect timing for the 6. ;) I never seen the need to upgrade to a facelift, if it's a big change I'll sell and buy the new one easy.

BG 182

i just phones O2 about using my 4 for tethering as ive only just got an ipad and she didnt have a clue about the 5, or the fact that i have just upgraded with O2 through carphone warehouse. i wanted to leave O2, but for no real reason.

unfortunately ive only got 1gb of data and my missus on orange just got 3gb for the same cost!

work for BMW

I'm shocked at people moving to Orange, ime they have the worst coverage around and shocking customer service. O2 and Voda are the only 2 i'd consider. I've been with Voda 11 years so far actually thinking about it.

Anyway. 32gb Black for me, upgrade mid Oct. Perfect timing for the madness to calm. Filling 64gb is quite shocking I must say.

Think my contract will be £33 per month, 24 month. Perfect timing for the 6. ;) I never seen the need to upgrade to a facelift, if it's a big change I'll sell and buy the new one easy.

Very wise!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Another question. If you have wi-fi at home. How the f**k do you use up 2gb of d/l data! Do you even speak to people outside the house? Why would you download stuff also, unless it's desperate wait until you're home. Boggles my mind.

I've used 5.5gb in 18 months! Maybe it's because I don't have Facebook therefore don't spend my nights out on it!

Tesla MP3 2021

Probably the Monday after, the 24th.

Do Apple still use TNT to deliver?

It wont be Monday the 24th unless you are those specific area's mention on the map a few pages back.

They use TNT plus others.

The last 3 phones have all been delivered on the scheduled date for me.

Tesla MP3 2021

The O2 twitter feed is quite comical.. pure ripage!

1.8 Civic EX

For those looking at pre-ordering in the next couple of days on a contracts it strongly suggest signing up to www.topcashback.co.uk

£96 cash back via Three
£45 cash back via t mobile or orange

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Since they merged with T Mobile their coverage is immense.

I left orange for the no signal reason, now both my parents and a colleague are with T Mobile, cousin on Orange and they all have signal, everywhere.

O2 seem to have gone crap recently ime, I'll be leaving as soon as the rolling nano-sim contracts are out, probably to go to T Mobile.

Is it true that although T-Mobile and Orange have become one, you cant share 3G between networks?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Is it true that although T-Mobile and Orange have become one, you cant share 3G between networks?

I thought they stopped this, since my works laptop now uses both networks on 3G. But we might have some weird deal going on as we are heavy users.

BG 182

ive just been browsing my bills on o2 for the last year, and noticed 'the iphone all rounder' is costing me £6 per month ontop of the line rental ive been paying!!!! ive just upgraded with O2 and the carphone warehouse guy has said the my contract is £46 all in. I do hope its not hidden and i will be charged the £6 ontop again otherwise im cancelling asap!!!

Fiesta ST-3

I was having some trouble accessing Vodafones website earlier, but I left it a little and was then able to pre order a black 64gb.

Happy days!

A silver one

Exisiting customer - she received a text from O2 to say she could upgrade - when she logged in all the options were there.

Unlmited texts/calls and 1GB - phone £99.

Serious? I've been a customer for 9 years and haven't received anything!

Serious? I've been a customer for 9 years and haven't received anything!

Try logging in and see if its there? If not, kick up a fuss! She has confirmation email saying she will get phone on release day. Just added the upgrade cost to next bill too.