ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I did drop it on the path outside the garage mind, so was expecting worse damage tbh.

they should have stuck with stainless steel for the case tbh.

something I have heard though... Apparently they're really easy to take apart and it won't be long before people are offering different colour cases on eBay etc.

my mate thinks the 5s will be iPod like with a range of colours available for the back

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I think apple has had it's day tbf. All the hype about the 5, and its a complete flop. Every time they bring a new phone out, they build it up to be something amazing, and then everyone is always left a little disappointed. Apart from the anti-anything else that isn't apple.

FLOL.

How is it a complete flop then?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
FLOL.

How is it a complete flop then?

Flop is a little extreme, however, I think iPhone 5 and iO6 has been the most scrutinised Apple products launched in the last 10 years.

Shame really as the little/minor things (maps, youtube, adaptor, chips etc) have tarnished what in truth is an epic product.

I think apple has had it's day tbf. All the hype about the 5, and its a complete flop. Every time they bring a new phone out, they build it up to be something amazing, and then everyone is always left a little disappointed. Apart from the anti-anything else that isn't apple.

Lol @ complete flop!

The major issue is the maps which is just software so easily fixed.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Talk about a flop, only 2 million orders in 24 hours and 5 million a few days later.

I don't understand what people want?

If someone said to me if I can improve the gadget you have an use the most by making it thinner/lighter and faster would you buy one?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Talk about a flop, only 2 million orders in 24 hours and 5 million a few days later.

I don't understand what people want?

If someone said to me if I can improve the gadget you have an use the most by making it thinner/lighter and faster would you buy one?

Of course but not at the detriment of the build quality and software.

IMO the perfect phone would be a 4S running iOS5 but with the screen estate, chipset and camera of a 5.

The iPhone 5 was always going to sell a bucket load (as did the PS3). It'll be the next release that might suffer.

An orange one
The iPhone 5 was always going to sell a bucket load (as did the PS3). It'll be the next release that might suffer.

I fear you may be right there.... I don't think apples reputation for rock solid quality is just as regarded as it used to be

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Rubbish. It's the best iPhone yet.

I'm not sure what people expected! But the simply isn't room to innovate as much as they used to. Everyone else has caught up to an extent. Although I'm yet to use an os that bests ios.

ST
Tom,

I think people were expecting it to piss all over android in every way, but like you say, for reliability, robustness and ease of use nothing comes close.

With regards to durability of the handset, if you're careful with it don't throw it around like a Nokia 5110 it'll last the term of your contract without too much trouble, especially when talking about the longevity of the battery if you look after it and give it a full cycle every once in a while.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
My only problem with iOS 6 is the maps, which unfortunately isn't easily solved, the satellite data is just so out of date, the mistakes on name and places can be rectified fairly easily.

There are some lovely features in 6, simple things like Bluetooth being more accessible, not having to enter your password when updating apps (never understood why you needed to do this anyway, if you already have the app, you had to have done it to get it in the first place and its not costing anything), updating apps is a lot quicker, they just need to sort the maps now.

as for the phone, it's very nice, I can see it getting damaged pretty easily, but then I always keep my phone pristine, but then end up sending it to mazuma anyway who don't care about the condition, so it doesn't really make much difference unless you are selling it privately. I always have a case, but with the new phone it's kind of defeating the object of it being so slim and light then if you add one.

The word is that apple haven't realised a bumper this time because the phone is more resistant to damage, which is quite laughable, ask don't think that's the case, it could be argued that they only released one last time as they knew about the reception problems and that it would solve them. Those don't exist now so they don't need one, the glass back was a weak point on the 4, this has now gone, but with it a nice surface to chip and scratch.

i really don't know what to do about a case, it'll probably take me to drop it to then decide I need one.

i am very happy with the phone and the software so far though, just waiting for maps to improve 400%.

Ged

PD130 Peach
See the software is all fixable in time. It's the phone exterior that puts me off.

I always use my phone as a tool. It's out in the wet and often gets scratched. A smart phone is the only thing that suits all my needs so don't tell me I need a jcb phone.

And by the sounds of it this iPhone will look like a battered piece of Ali in no time. So sorry apple, youv served me well.

But this time I'm out. Might see you again at iPhone 6 :)

Also, another reason. I'm bored of iOS. It's showing its age tbh.

320d M Sport
Has ANYONE on O2 managed to upgrade by any means past few days?

I can't upgrade online, says out of stock.
I can't go into a shop, says out of stock.
I can't get through to customer service.

DB.

BMW 440i
So glad I went with T mobile and got unlimited data.

Got no Internet in the new apartment until next Thursday, and because of that used 2.1GB in the past week!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Rubbish. It's the best iPhone yet.

I'm not sure what people expected! But the simply isn't room to innovate as much as they used to. Everyone else has caught up to an extent. Although I'm yet to use an os that bests ios.

It might technically be the best phone yet (technology advances so I'd never expect it to be inferior to the previous generation) but it's by far the best phone apple have ever produced.

The map and quality control issues would have been known from the early days.

It's just sloppy on Apple's part.

Last edited:
  320d M Sport
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348921855.201073.jpg

It's the same for every store in the North West that I could reasonably get to.

Site won't let you upgrade online as out of stock. O2 phone lines are just a no go. WTF...

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
View attachment 85483

It's the same for every store in the North West that I could reasonably get to.

Site won't let you upgrade online as out of stock. O2 phone lines are just a no go. WTF...

I upgraded a week last Wednesday (on the phone) and my iphone was delivered 7 days later.

Have you tried holding lol?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You'd better calling the store, or if there are a few stores in the city try walking in tbh.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
You'd better calling the store, or if there are a few stores in the city try walking in tbh.

Agreed.

My mate was in the Trafford Center last week and he said Apple had loads on contact only (they had run out of sim only stock).

dk

911 GTS Cab
My only problem with iOS 6 is the maps, which unfortunately isn't easily solved, the satellite data is just so out of date, the mistakes on name and places can be rectified fairly easily.

There are some lovely features in 6, simple things like Bluetooth being more accessible, not having to enter your password when updating apps (never understood why you needed to do this anyway, if you already have the app, you had to have done it to get it in the first place and its not costing anything), updating apps is a lot quicker, they just need to sort the maps now.

as for the phone, it's very nice, I can see it getting damaged pretty easily, but then I always keep my phone pristine, but then end up sending it to mazuma anyway who don't care about the condition, so it doesn't really make much difference unless you are selling it privately. I always have a case, but with the new phone it's kind of defeating the object of it being so slim and light then if you add one.

The word is that apple haven't realised a bumper this time because the phone is more resistant to damage, which is quite laughable, ask don't think that's the case, it could be argued that they only released one last time as they knew about the reception problems and that it would solve them. Those don't exist now so they don't need one, the glass back was a weak point on the 4, this has now gone, but with it a nice surface to chip and scratch.

i really don't know what to do about a case, it'll probably take me to drop it to then decide I need one.

i am very happy with the phone and the software so far though, just waiting for maps to improve 400%.
lol, well just after this post i went out and the phone slipped out of my pocket down the side of the seat of the car and i have a nice scratch on the polished edge of the phone, first of many i suspect, so at least its out the way now, do i get a case though as if i had a bumper on it would not have been damaged and probably wouldn't have even fit down the side of the seat, damn it being so slim!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
lol, well just after this post i went out and the phone slipped out of my pocket down the side of the seat of the car and i have a nice scratch on the polished edge of the phone, first of many i suspect, so at least its out the way now, do i get a case though as if i had a bumper on it would not have been damaged and probably wouldn't have even fit down the side of the seat, damn it being so slim!

I'd get a think case mate as the slate back will also scratch.

Something like a incase snap.

Mini Cooper S
Paddy, give this guy a call: Mohammed 0207 850 6996. Works for an O2 franchise in London on upgrades and he sorted me out.

Ordered my iPhone last Friday, got it on the Tuesday.

Red
I had a play with it today as I'm due my upgrade. Not overly fussed if I'm honest. Doesn't seem to be a big enough leap forward to me.

Ill no doubt get it though.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I had a play with it today as I'm due my upgrade. Not overly fussed if I'm honest. Doesn't seem to be a big enough leap forward to me.

Ill no doubt get it though.

If you've got a 4s no it's not worth upgrading to IMO.

Ged

PD130 Peach
Should have seen the scratch I put on a black 5 in the store!

It marked so easily. After getting my hands on one. Feels like one of those demo phones that had no insides in. Mental. Really bloody quick Aswell.

Also doing a quick test the frame seems to bend quite easily.

Banned for life from apple stores? :p

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
You're wrong. I have gone from a 4S to a iPhone 5 and am more than happy with it, well worth it.

LOL it's a person opinion, therefore can't be wrong.

The extra screen estate, thinner, lighter, marginally faster iPhone 5 doesn't, IMO, command the upgrade costs.

The 4S is better made, more aesthetically pleasing (IMO) and offers the same iOS functionality.

If I walked into an Apple store to buy a new phone of course I'd buy the 5 but I definitely wouldn't be upgrading from a 4S to a 5.

I own a 5 btw.

Last edited:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
LOL it's a person opinion, therefore can't be wrong.

The extra screen estate, thinner, lighter, marginally faster iPhone 5 doesn't, IMO, command the upgrade costs.

The 4S is better made, more aesthetically pleasing (IMO) and offers the same iOS functionality.

If I walked into an Apple store to buy a new phone of course I'd buy the 5 but I definitely wouldn't be upgrading from a 4S to a 5.

I own a 5 btw.

I would sell the 5 and go back to a 4S then, and pocket the change.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'm just going to put mine in a robust case like my old 4 had I threw that at a radiator my hardest and not a mark on the phone there was a line across the case though.

That's exactly what I'm going to do.

After a month of normal use, naked, it'll look fucked on the back and sides.