ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  Golf R32
Hmmm well I might go to a store tomorrow and see what O2 are willing to offer me as when I upgraded last year to the 4s they gave me a 12 month contract which wasn't available online. The online tariffs for Vodafone, Orange and O2 are as expected are almost indentically priced and spec'd, so it just comes down to connectivity etc.

The other alternative is to get one through the Apple store with the 10 months interest free and maybe look at the sim only deals, which in the short term will cost me an extra £20 odd a month for the first 10 months till the phones paid off, though i'll be selling my 4S and in long term it should be cheaper with the benefit of not being tied to a two year contract.

If i go that way then 3's Ultimate Internet 200 deal at £12.90 seems to fit the bill with unlimited data and 5000 texts but I've no idea what they're like these days. Plus side is that I have a mate who works for them, so can speak to him about it, though normally I try to avoid at all cost his typical salesman bulls**t chat

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
How do I get a faulty phone swapped without going to an apple shop?

and will I be without a phone if I have to send it away or whatnot?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If you purchased it from a network with a replacement handset option just call them. If you got it from Apple with Applecare then you've got to go to a store.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Mine sometimes doesn't react at all when the on/off button is used to either just lock the phone let alone to turn it on or off.. Did they replace yours ?

Booked in with apple Saturday ill let you know .....

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Being the massive apple fan that I am I'm not that balled up on the warranty/repair of the iBannana 5 but I'm certain it's gonna be a return to base type scenario.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Request a callback on the website (saves on call costs ;))

Tell them the fault, humour them with the tests they want to do, tell them you want the instant UPS swap, where the UPS guy brings the new phone and takes the old one away there and then. They will try and charge you £29 but offer it for free if you take out applecare, ask for supervisor, complain about the cost/it's a premium phone/you're a loyal customer/reel off your list of apple products and they will do the service for free without applecare.

The only catch is they will secure the cost of the phone (£500-£700) from your CC pending the old phone coming back undamaged by you.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
And what if the phone isn't exactly in mint condition?

Black iPhone 5 with chips all over it doesn't scream premium lol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine fell out of the pouch I was using and marked on each corner :(

and its bent now too! That doesn't happen by dropping it!

Might just take a trip up to Cardiff when I have chance and speak to them face to face

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah, because your people skillz are renowned for being excellent especially when they say "no" to your request... I'd pay to witness that conversation.

You got any insurance on it?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol don't know what your talking about! I'm a reasonable human being!

I do have insurance on it but it doesn't not work enough for me to want to pay the excess

DB.

BMW 440i
Finally got the 30 pin > Lightening adaptor for my car! Nice having a charger and iPod connection again! All fully functional!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Booked in with apple Saturday ill let you know .....

Apple store replaced my iphone 5 today due to the faulty sleep/wake button.

Handy really because the screen was scratched to bits. And I hadn't looked after it. This new one will be going in a case.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Anyone dropped theirs yet? I've no screen protector and no case. No drops...yet.

Fiesta ST-3
Ok slight issue weigh the iPhone.

My do not disturb function is on and set between 12am and 6am.

Problem is that it's on now? :/ and won't go off unless I turn off do not disturb?

I haven't check the thread as I'm on lunch with s**t signal.

Monaco 53/468
Mine's getting launched against a wall before long. As soon as it loses signal it won't get it back unless I toggle airplane mode or turn phone off/on. Meaning I don't get any messages/calls unless I constantly check my phone and keep toggling airplane. It's driving me mad. I so regret changing from my 4S, it was a far superior phone to this flimsy sh*t.

ST
Ok slight issue weigh the iPhone.

My do not disturb function is on and set between 12am and 6am.

Problem is that it's on now? :/ and won't go off unless I turn off do not disturb?

I haven't check the thread as I'm on lunch with s**t signal.

Mine is now doing this too..gay!

I've just noticed my do not disturb was on. I wondered why I didn't hear it when I received texts this morning. Didn't notice the little moon icon in the top.