ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  Fiesta ST-3
So sent my phone off to be repaired only to have it returned with no fault found.

Obviously the fault is still there as it still doesn't work sometimes. What do I do now?

The nearest apple shop is 2 hours away!!

MkV Golf R32
Think it may be time for me to book a genius appointment. My lock button decided it was going to stop working properly two days ago, its irritating me already.

Did you make an appointment? I have made one for the Trafford centre on Sunday due to my lock button not working. Did you get yours replaced?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Did you make an appointment? I have made one for the Trafford centre on Sunday due to my lock button not working. Did you get yours replaced?

Not booked yet/been yet. It's still doing it after a software restore as well so it's defiantly hardware.

I have a feeling if you go straight to O2 they will send it off for repair, whereas Apple will replace outright.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Get your ass straight to O2. They'll swap it straight away no questions asked. Easy!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just an update on my White one, was out with 2 mates last week they both have Black ones, very surprised to see how marked their's looked. Just like all the images i've seen of coating coming off etc.

Very happy I went with White, still looks boxfresh.

Listerine & Poledo
Just an update on my White one, was out with 2 mates last week they both have Black ones, very surprised to see how marked their's looked. Just like all the images i've seen of coating coming off etc.

Very happy I went with White, still looks boxfresh.

I went white, and immediately slapped a case and screen shield on it. Take them off and it's mint.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Get your ass straight to O2. They'll swap it straight away no questions asked. Easy!

Oh s**t...

I actually meant get your ass straight to the apple store. They love an exchange.

Wife needs wrapping in bubble wrap.

She's managed to break her iPad 3 screen and now her iPhone 5.

Any ideas what I can do? Spoke to Mendmyi.com, who stated £200.

8456544104_26d4e62fbe_b.png

MkV Golf R32
Oh s**t...

I actually meant get your ass straight to the apple store. They love an exchange.

Went to apple today, they exchanged my phone with no hassle. Now I have a nice new unmarked phone! I had a slightly faulty lock button.

Bus w**ker
The poll might be closed now or voting maybe restricted to Club Members only. It's not really important now anyway, the poll is five months old lol.

One relative has a white one and the lock button is playing up. It can be pressed loads of times before it actually shuts the screen off.. because of it the battery is running down as the screen is on more often.

Mine has a problem with the camera, there are two black dots on the lens and visible in all photos, there also seems to be a weird light coating i've noticed when taking a video. Need to get it booked in. When i had my usb cable replaced i asked the guy about it and he said that they may just repair the camera. Not really happy with them taking it apart when its only a few months old so hoping they just change it over.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is it that easy? Not that I'm having any issues with the phone, just good to know. Their customer service seems ace

Revels Mum & Sister
I must say after the other half chopped her phone in for a Nexus 4, iOs is looking really tired now. It badly needs a refresh to keep up.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I must say after the other half chopped her phone in for a Nexus 4, iOs is looking really tired now. It badly needs a refresh to keep up.

This.

I was a long term fan of the iPhone, but iOS6 is a joke, it's an embarrassment. The formula should not be Take iOS5, remove some bits, make it a bit worse, label it iOS6, profit!

Prior to the beta seeds of iOS6 I'd have said there's nothing that would have taken me away from the platform, but somehow Apple managed to do it.

Android has caught up and in most respects flown by iOS. Nexus 4 at sub £300 is a no-brainer.

There's not a single thing I miss about my iPhone. Every time I pick up the wifes iPhone 4 to use I'm shocked at how small the display on it actually is.

It's not just an refresh that iOS needs, Apple need to start taking notice of what their customers actually want rather than telling their customers this is how we do it. There are long standing issues with iOS with basic functionality that for some reason Apple don't seem to want to implement. (Arrogance? That doesn't work out so well does it Blackberry, Nokia, Sony Ericcson....et al)

S3, Polo
^ I am a long-time Apple fanboy with the latest iPhone, iPad and MBP and I completely agree with you sn00p.

Steve Jobs passing signalled the end of innovation at Apple. And that's a fact.

It seems so obvious that his prescribed roadmap for their future has come to an end and Tim Cook hasn't really added anything noteworthy into the mix, from what I can see.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Girlfriends iPhone 5 seemed to lose battery really quickly. Doesn't seem to go very far at all. What do you think?

photo_zps8d1f3722.gif

when you get an iphone as a replacment for a faulty one do they give you just the phone or the phone with the box and accessories e.t.c ??

Clio 182
Girlfriends iPhone 5 seemed to lose battery really quickly. Doesn't seem to go very far at all. What do you think?

photo_zps8d1f3722.gif

Is she properly closing apps? E.g. double clicking home button and getting rid of all the crap that stays open in there? Wifi, Location services, bluetooth, etc on all the time? Locations services on all the time?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Still awaiting the ability to easily choose my own ring tones like my 10 year old Nokia.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I have a rattly lock button, and every now and then the screen goes blank and I end up with the Apple logo for a bit. Also, my GF's one is always going bloody wrong! And I paid an eyewatering £600 outright for mine. Doesn't feel like it should be that much tbh. And this is coming from an Apple fanboy!

Other than that, its alright. Nothing special, nothing amazing. Have to say though it's much stronger than my old iPhone! Maybe because I have the white one. And I keep it in a case.

£180 later, they replaced the iPhone 5 for me.

I tried pulling the "It shouldn't have smashed this easy" card, but they were having none of it. The phone itself was spotless, no dents/scratches at all.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You know the issue with the clicky home button, is it when you rub your finger over it and it clicks slightly? Mine has started doing it :(

Slow red one
Completely agree, I've had the iPhone since the 3G and updated the handset every year, however feels very dated now compared to the competition, infact I'm so tempted to get the note 2 as I'd like a bigger screen and android which I've never used, seems a lot more customisable from YouTube vids. Still love my MacBook Pro and iPad 2 though.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
I have a rattly lock button, and every now and then the screen goes blank and I end up with the Apple logo for a bit. Also, my GF's one is always going bloody wrong! And I paid an eyewatering £600 outright for mine. Doesn't feel like it should be that much tbh. And this is coming from an Apple fanboy!

Other than that, its alright. Nothing special, nothing amazing. Have to say though it's much stronger than my old iPhone! Maybe because I have the white one. And I keep it in a case.

Paid for two 32gb models outright, had 4 replacements, got fed up, refund, and got a deal on 2 brand new HTC one x plus handsets. Totally faultless, ended up 650 in pocket and a handset each with better spec! Apple have lost it imho

Nearly upgrade time for me, lots of interesting thoughts here! Really like how my ipad mini/iphone sync with each other but tempted to jack in Apple and maybe take up the Samsung S3 + tablet offer?

Is it nearly S4 time, maybe the wrong place to ask all this!

Last edited by a moderator:
  1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Nearly upgrade time for me, lots of interesting thoughts here! Really like how my ipad mini/iphone sync with each other but tempted to jack in Apple and maybe take up the Samsung S3 + tablet offer?

Is it nearly S4 time, maybe the wrong place to ask all this!

HTC one is out soon