ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5s or no?

"Navy" N17 TWO
I was due upgrade in August - Vodafone advised me to buy the phone outright if I wanted to upgrade! lol

£13/month unlimited txts 900 mins, 750gb web
unlimited mins & web for 1st 3 months too - winner!

My iPhone 4 can be a tad slow though so haven't been brave enough to upgrade to iOS7

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
No idea what the best deals are out there but, like car insurance it's allways best too have a mooch about.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I went from a 4 to a 5s

£150 outright then £36 pm on ee

4G, unlimited texts and calls with 1.5gb of data

im so glad I made the swap, my 4 was on its last legs. When 4G works it's actually awesome. It's just finding the pockets of it. I looked on EEs 4G map, it looked to be all over. But it's just not lol. Lying b******s

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
That's a crap deal IMO.

I went to three.

Free iPhone 5, unlimited everything and can tether, 35 per month and a free upgrade to 4g when it's live. 24 months contract.

Sure it's been covered, but;

- will you use a bigger screen?
- will you notice the difference in speed?
- will you actually use 4G or are you in an area that currently has it (i.e. London)?

If the above answers are all yes, upgrade.

When the 5 came out and 4G wasn't available, none of the above bothered me, so just stuck with the 4S for another 12 month contract.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I had a 4 on release. Getting a bit long in the tooth now so upgraded to a 5s a few days ago.

I have been on pay as you go £10 a mth 500 minutes unlimited texts and 1gb data for quite a while now.

Will be keeping my 5s for about three years, maybe a touch longer. Bit like the 4.

I am very happy with it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I really need to look into this next time around. At what you have said would save me 75% a month.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Does anyone else use the touch ID feature? what a gimmick... unless you have baby soft hands that do nothing all day you have to re scan your thumbs every single day! pah.

I've used it a fair few times on a phone owned by a family member, and it's been flawless. Like perfect every time.

However, given that we know there are production issues with the sensors, it is plausible that there could be problems with some devices.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Mine works ok then a after a days work apparently my fingerprints are now completely changed so must be scanned again. Guess its fine if you touch nothing coarser than a marshmallow over the course of a day.