ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
the guy i spoke to on the phone said to roughly double what your using now, He said with the larger screen it'll eat up the data a almost twice as much as what you're used to now.

That guy needs to be sacked.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
EE's website was terrible this morning. Finally got into it and there's no upgrade option available on my account even though it says contract ends 21st September and my upgrade is available from August :S called them at work but the pager went off after 25 minutes waiting so had to give that up. I'll have to pop into the store tomorrow to find out what's going on. Shall be a silver 64Gb for me too, looks like a popular choice!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I disagree RM. My ipad eats data like it is going out of fashion.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I just ordered mine through Vodafone as an upgrade.

iPhone 6 in the weird Black colour, 4G, 10GB, 24 months sky sports, 6 months Netflix, waved the £100 handset fee and credited my account £48.50 so my first bill is free. Happy with that!

ST
I just ordered mine through Vodafone as an upgrade.

iPhone 6 in the weird Black colour, 4G, 10GB, 24 months sky sports, 6 months Netflix, waved the £100 handset fee and credited my account £48.50 so my first bill is free. Happy with that!

O RLY ? I find that hard to believe for a 'launch' handset, and regards to a 100£ handset fee, i certainly can't find any of the 16,64 or 128gb handsets through Vodafone @ 100£ ?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
O RLY ? I find that hard to believe for a 'launch' handset.

I'm not going to lie.. the guy on the phone said 'we're having no problems shifting these, especially as it's the first day so it'll be hard to discount the packages etc'. I stayed on the phone for a good 45 minutes explaining that he wasn't doing a great deal to keep me as a customer (contract expires this month) and he ended up doing the above.

He also reckons Vodafone are having them delivered Wednesday and dispatched asap so people may get them delivered Thursday.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
O RLY ? I find that hard to believe for a 'launch' handset, and regards to a 100£ handset fee, i certainly can't find any of the 16,64 or 128gb handsets through Vodafone @ 100£ ?

Sorry, I think it was £99.. and it was the lowest spec wise in terms of memory on the XL Package iirc.

ST
Sorry, I think it was £99.. and it was the lowest spec wise in terms of memory on the XL Package iirc.

That makes sense now, i wasn't meaning to pedantic between 99 and 100£ mate, i'll give them a ring tomo and see if they'll do something with my handset fee, granted it's only 79£ but free or a discount would be better.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That makes sense now, i wasn't meaning to pedantic between 99 and 100£ mate, i'll give them a ring tomo and see if they'll do something with my handset fee, granted it's only 79£ but free or a discount would be better.

No worries mate. Never dealt with their customer service.. and was pleasantly surprised tbh.. and UK based for once (Belfast)!

I'm not going to lie.. the guy on the phone said 'we're having no problems shifting these, especially as it's the first day so it'll be hard to discount the packages etc'. I stayed on the phone for a good 45 minutes explaining that he wasn't doing a great deal to keep me as a customer (contract expires this month) and he ended up doing the above.

He also reckons Vodafone are having them delivered Wednesday and dispatched asap so people may get them delivered Thursday.

they had 2000 calls in the queue. "hard to shift"

LOL

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Do you think they will slow the five down? I like having a new phone but mine has been spot on.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was told that the processors in these can only take so many updates before they become overloaded, for lack of a better word.

so the more updates you install, the slower it will inevitably become. It doesn't sound too far fetched.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yes thats right. The 5 and 5s will be perfect on ios8. The 4 and 4s will be terrible.

Come the next update to ios8 the 5 and 5s will be slow.

Z4
My 4 is shocking now, barely useable due to the updates.
I'll be going for a 64g gold 4.7", will be an awesome upgrade!

Thanks to whoever it was that mentioned the quidco cashback with vodafone

Last edited by a moderator:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Phones don't get slower, they just get more to process, same with old computers.

Clio 1.2 16v
I purchased my 5 with Orange on release 2 years ago, I then upgraded to 4GEE 3 months later. Unwillingly when i did this my 24 month contract restarted and I now cannot upgrade until December. Anyone else experience this? I've called support and they haven't got any of the original Orange data and say they cannot help and the only way to upgrade is pay off my contract.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I purchased my 5 with Orange on release 2 years ago, I then upgraded to 4GEE 3 months later. Unwillingly when i did this my 24 month contract restarted and I now cannot upgrade until December. Anyone else experience this? I've called support and they haven't got any of the original Orange data and say they cannot help and the only way to upgrade is pay off my contract.

I remember that when I was with them, it was a whole new contract. I remember it clearly as 4g had just launched.

ST

punkd.jpg

So the new iphone 6 is on its way, companys confirming they are employing upto 100,000 extra people to take on the work load of getting potetially 2 different sized iPhone 6s out with a variety of memory sizes available within each size.

the realese date is looking like its going to be september going off the rumours and the companies have started production of the smaller handset this month and the larger handset in august.

Also some great features being thrown around in these rumours such as wireless charging and NFC (contactless payment system) as well as the new sapphire glass screen, obviously some radom features being thrown around but the better more useful features seem to be coming up from more relaible sources more often which is a good sign :)

Not so sure on the area passcode idea though, I think I need my passcode on my phone more so when im at home lol

I for one only seem to upgrade my phone when the new varient of iphone comes out (missing out the S models) as I don't see the point in changing every year so its put me in a good mood knowing they are going for an overhaul with the new iPhone 6, Oh and the potential for 50% more battery life in both the large and small version will be much appreciated as the iphone 5 is dreadful now :S

anyway here a link to some of the more reasonable ideas for the iPhone 6 :)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaymcgr...everything-we-know-about-the-iphone-6-so-far/

NFC is Near Field Communications m8.