ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Clio with a body kit
Got something up with mine only just realised. I only have around 100 songs 500 pics and a couple of short videos but my memory is saying its full. I can't even take pictures or download new apps.
Iv been to carphone warehouse this morning and the bloke in there hasn't seen anything like it before. He agreed the total of memory used in 'usage' was around 3gb. Tried a couple of resets with no luck. Tried Apple chat and got told I need to delete stuff or buy more storage!
Anyone else heard of any problem like this. Looks like my only choice is to go to the apple shop which is going to mess up a Sunday as the nearest one is to me is an hour away.
My phone isn't the latest software version as that requires 963mb of data and I would need to delete everything on my phone to do it.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've got no songs, quite a few pictures, about 5 apps and mine says it's full regularly, so I have to delete a few texts then it lets me take pictures. I have the lowest spec one, whatever that is.

I'm trying to work out how to post a screenshot of my useage to post here from my phone..

Clio with a body kit
Mine is only 16gb as well but so was my iPhone 5 and I had a lot more stuff on that than this one. Iv deleted all old texts and whatsapp chats. I'm convinced there's something wrong with mine

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Lowest spec smart phone? Samsung? Htc?

Lowest memory I meant.

Mine is only 16gb as well but so was my iPhone 5 and I had a lot more stuff on that than this one. Iv deleted all old texts and whatsapp chats. I'm convinced there's something wrong with mine

I just assumed it was a punishment for picking the lowest memory, but it is crap for £47.50 per month! I had loads more on my iphone 4 8gb aswell, about 50 songs, same amount of pictures etc etc.

Clio with a body kit
I tried speaking to them earlier and I just ended up getting frustrated. Ill try again another day. I know there's something wrong with it.
Sounds like your phone could have the problem as well @Davyy as you sound like you've got less on yours than me.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Doesn't seem like an error though, it just seems like a 'tough luck' thing, as it seems it's the same with all.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Mine has been replaced for a 'clicky' screen, and my wife's has been replaced for a faulty charging port. We haven't had the memory issue though. Other than that we love them!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Anyone had problems with people not being able to hear you? I can hear them perfectly... only ever happens halfway through a call! Really frustrating, especially when you were on hold for 15 minutes with Homebase.

SQ5
Anyone had problems with people not being able to hear you? I can hear them perfectly... only ever happens halfway through a call! Really frustrating, especially when you were on hold for 15 minutes with Homebase.

I bet you move your little finger over the microphone ;)

My boss does it all the time, poorly placed.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Not sure about that! I'll keep an eye on it though. Phoned back Homebase and got to someone else and call completed without a hitch.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Gonna get myself a 6, is any of the colours less hard wearing than others? I know the gold was less hard wearing on the 5s?

320d M Sport
I got my gold 6 on release day and PeaPod case on it. Been brilliant and honestly looks brand new. Mine gets a hard time and is used a lot.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still finding that the Music app and iTunes Match can't really cope with large libraries.

I thinned it down to 90GB but it still freezes and pauses :(

BMW F21 125d
Finally upgraded.

6, 64Gb, Unlimited Texts & Calls, 4Gb 4G Data.
£59.00 a month on a 12 month contract, £40 up front.
Can upgrade/downgrade to Sim only after 9 months so need to be hot on that.
Works out at 9 x 59 + 40 + (3 x 15 for Sim only for eg) = £616 for 12 months.
The phone itself is £619 from Apple so basically the tariff is free.
Good old customer service on EE for this one.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Finally upgraded.

6, 64Gb, Unlimited Texts & Calls, 4Gb 4G Data.
£59.00 a month on a 12 month contract, £40 up front.
Can upgrade/downgrade to Sim only after 9 months so need to be hot on that.
Works out at 9 x 59 + 40 + (3 x 15 for Sim only for eg) = £616 for 12 months.
The phone itself is £619 from Apple so basically the tariff is free.
Good old customer service on EE for this one.
Nice, although I bet they'd fucked up royally to prompt them offering you something like that?

BMW F21 125d
Nice, although I bet they'd fucked up royally to prompt them offering you something like that?

No mess up really. Phoned up to get the best SIM only deal as was originally set in buying the phone direct from Apple for £619 and then £10-15p/m sim only. Their SIM only offer was a bit gash so just asked about contracts, all the 2 year ones were rubbish but this 12 month one is cheaper overall than buying direct from Apple. The upfront cost was the only reduction from their customer retentions team, should have been £150 but got it for £40 I have been an Orange/EE customer for 11 years though.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
No mess up really. Phoned up to get the best SIM only deal as was originally set in buying the phone direct from Apple for £619 and then £10-15p/m sim only. Their SIM only offer was a bit gash so just asked about contracts, all the 2 year ones were rubbish but this 12 month one is cheaper overall than buying direct from Apple. The upfront cost was the only reduction from their customer retentions team, should have been £150 but got it for £40 I have been an Orange/EE customer for 11 years though.
Oh fair enough, I've been fucked about by them royally for 18 months now so will be interesting to see what they offer come October :smile: Sods law it won't even be as good as that!

BMW F21 125d
Oh fair enough, I've been fucked about by them royally for 18 months now so will be interesting to see what they offer come October :)

I was lucky I got a good North East Geordie guy straight away in retentions and we were just honest with each other, he knew I'd sign for a decent deal so there was no messing about.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not the same but.

I've been with orange for thirteen years, maybe longer. I wanted the 5s, was happy with that phone. Initialy tried to charge me £180 for the phone, lol.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know how you can just retrieve picture messages rather than having to go to orange/re website and log in?
Is it a setting on the phone or is it with the carrier?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've read conflicting reports. Are there any issues changing an iPhone 6 @ 2A (portable battery charger) rather than the usual 1A? Are you shortening the battery life or risk blowing up the device?

I know nothing about current/electrics etc.

I've read conflicting reports. Are there any issues changing an iPhone 6 @ 2A (portable battery charger) rather than the usual 1A? Are you shortening the battery life or risk blowing up the device?

I know nothing about current/electrics etc.
They can handle it. IIRC iMac will charge them faster due to higher output. I've used a 2.1A iPad charger on mine since day 1 as it's faster and not had any issues.