ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

BMW F31
Dodgy ipad pic, but here's my 6 in a silicone case beside my 5
ebfc9900d56cc31ac3389f9ad440c30b_zpse3933cc4.jpg

Cheers for that, think the 6 looks better sized than the 6+ tbh.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Still unsure about whether I need to use a new Sim card they sent me or not. Cant find anything on it.

Obviously my old Sim fits and works fine but can't work out whether there is any benefit to using the new one?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Still unsure about whether I need to use a new Sim card they sent me or not. Cant find anything on it.

Obviously my old Sim fits and works fine but can't work out whether there is any benefit to using the new one?

I was still on my 5 this morning and lost all signal and 3G so i called O2 and he said its cause my contact was changing and that i should just do a soft reset on the phone which i did.

I then asked about sim cards and O2 stated that i can just use my original one out my 5 right into my six and there will be no issues.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I was still on my 5 this morning and lost all signal and 3G so i called O2 and he said its cause my contact was changing and that i should just do a soft reset on the phone which i did.

I then asked about sim cards and O2 stated that i can just use my original one out my 5 right into my six and there will be no issues.

Thanks mate. I'll keep it going and see if I have any problems.

White APE
I had to put in a new sim for the new 4g account. Currently texts are coming through to my 5c and my new 6. However texts are I sent from the 6 come through from my original number and a new random one.

Confused!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I had to put in a new sim for the new 4g account. Currently texts are coming through to my 5c and my new 6. However texts are I sent from the 6 come through from my original number and a new random one.

Confused!

Texts or iMessages?

White APE
It was voice messages that it was coming across both.

They said when my 5c goes offline the 6 will work. But they are both working just with this little abnormality going on.

Also if you call my number it rings my 5c. If I call the other number that things are being sent from it rings and goes to voicemail but doesn't ring on my handset.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Did you not see my reply on the last page? Your old SIM won't allow NFC to work on your iPhone 6.

Edit just to say that's presuming you're upgrading from a previous iPhone, or any non-NFC phone.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yes.

Apple Pay etc. but has other uses too.

Not sure I'm actually going to use it lol, but considering all you have to do is literally put the SIM in (it activates instantly) it's a no-brainer imo :)

Future proofing!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Did you not see my reply on the last page? Your old SIM won't allow NFC to work on your iPhone 6.

Edit just to say that's presuming you're upgrading from a previous iPhone, or any non-NFC phone.
i don't believe you are right.

essentially, the NFC ONLY works with apple pay, which isn't going to be available until next year in the UK anyway, an when it is it takes advantage of the NFC chip, you won't need a special sim i don't believe, the only reason android phones needed NFC sims ws to support NFC in the phones that didn't support it properly, sometimes it was in the battery i think.

Anyway, until apple opens up the NFC to third party apps, you won't be able to take advantage of NFC until apple pay comes here, and even then i don't think you'll need a new sim card, unless you can link to something that says you do?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm only quoting what the EE man said, I don't really know much about it myself! He gave me a new SIM for free and said use this one or NFC won't work...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Done some simultaneous testing tonight as I was bored... opened stock apps on both 5S & 6, strangely enough 8 out of the 10 apps I tried opened quicker on the 5S!

Then I shut them down, the 6 was quicker.

But booting back up, the 5S was once again quicker :S

The screens though, wow, massive difference. The screen is so 'yellow' on the 5S in comparison, 6 is beautifully sharp and white balance is immense, very impressed there.

Now I'm getting the batteries to exactly the same level and I'm going to leave them over night to see how much they drain. I'm sad, I know :star:

dk

911 GTS Cab
i need a new sim to get 4G on o2, i think 4g sims have only really been given out as standard for the past year, my sim was 2 years old as was my iPhone 5.

M135i
Mine arrived 9 o clock this morning. Can't believe the size of it and it's only a 6. It's huge imo.

Even from 'upgrading' from a iPhone 5 with ios8. I'm struggling to see much different/new stuff that effects day to day usage.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
NFC has nothing to do with your sim.

Rob, aslong as your sim isn't like 5 years old, which it won't be. It'll be fine :)

Cheers Ben, posting this from 4G

Another thing I'm struggling with is that despite the bigger screen size, the keyboard is no bigger. There's just these poxy side buttons. I'd like the ios7 keyboard but bigger buttons.

Also, Safari crashes every time I click post in landscape. Just freezes dead. Then I have to turn it portrait to get life back into it? Anyone else?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Good test. How old is the 5?

It's a 5S and it's first birthday is tomorrow!

Brightness setting set the same on each handset?

Yes, exactly the same, I'm very particular (*cough* OCD) about my brightness settings, always at 50%!

so are people using the zoomed or standard view?

I have terrible eyesight so was seriously considering zoomed but I don't think it's the one, running with standard atm.

Standard for me too. Not sure I kike the suggested words above the keyboard. And some apps it's stretching to fit and that spoils the quality IMO.

You know what I wasn't sure about this, thought I'd never use it, but actually I'm finding it quite good! I like the way it downloads information from media online so it knows the names of bands and TV shows etc. when I typed 'The Walking' it automatically suggested 'Dead' next :p

NFC has nothing to do with your sim.

Rob, aslong as your sim isn't like 5 years old, which it won't be. It'll be fine :)

Fair dues! Well as I said I just did what Mr EE said, only wasted 17 seconds of my life by using the new SIM lol.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Zoomed view really is for the blind.

Does anyone else share my camera related concerns? Personally, I can see the quality of the camera being reduced by like 30% after 12 months of putting it down on table tops etc? There's just no way that's not going to haze? Surely?

I really love the design of the phone, but I just think I'd have rather had a thicker phone and a protected camera. The 5 etc had a small bezel around the edge of the camera that kept the glass off of surfaces, this is just massively exposed.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly, I've just been in to O2, its f*ck all different? Don't know why I'm surprised though.

considering the S5 instead...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Zoomed view really is for the blind.

Does anyone else share my camera related concerns? Personally, I can see the quality of the camera being reduced by like 30% after 12 months of putting it down on table tops etc? There's just no way that's not going to haze? Surely?

I really love the design of the phone, but I just think I'd have rather had a thicker phone and a protected camera. The 5 etc had a small bezel around the edge of the camera that kept the glass off of surfaces, this is just massively exposed.

It's made from sapphire glass, it cannot be scratched... unless your table is made from diamond! However I still agree in that I'd rather have a thicker phone without the camera sticking out, and a better battery.