ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I can confirm with absolute certainty that my iPhone 4 does not bend by hand. It will not s**t itself if I put it in the pocket of my overalls, even in a heavy engineering environment.

Not that there's a lot Apple can do about a phone that thin being bendy, but it's a clue that phones are becoming less and less practical for the sake of cool y0. I'd rather something the same size as the 4 again, only with a better battery, faster processor and better camera, easily achievable and wouldn't mean having to get a new case for every single phone. Oh well.

At least they got one up on Samsung - they could only come up with a bendy screen.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You didn't.

You bought it to be a phone, and ideally, a phone that doesn't bend. One out of two isn't bad I suppose.

No i bought it to set fire to it and shoot it with a 50 cal.

To appease you i just checked my phone, its not bent. (its even been in my pocket)

But these tests do highlight that you can still break things if you apply enough force that your hands shake, shoot it with a 50 cal or set fire to it with thermite.

Last edited:

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
How dare Apple not think about the effect of physics when making the new phones. I mean come on, it's just not on! I mean too much pressure will cause it to bend? Ludicrous!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I remember seeing pics of iPhone5s bent after release.

Really surprising...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Person puts phone in back pocket and sits on it. Outcome - shocking

If sat on my MBP I'm sure something bad would happen... So I don't!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm sure it's not just the back pocket which is being questioned here though, people are almost as likely to do that with it in their front pocket if it's a pair of jeans with smaller pockets for example.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
It's a design feature if the 6+. Allows the phones to become ergonomic when you force your giant phone into your skinny jeans.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ahh the old "welsh hate" standby.

Works every time ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411579015.718332.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.
iP4's are tough stuff. This thing would bend a brick before it bends the phone.

Literally.

ebf60a06799e657d729296109403ee45.jpg

08974da5fa0ce62613c47bcb9fc2e1ce.jpg

Can confirm not bent.
2f7b183c13ed4ebd1c8a9896f67b7cc3.jpg

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Apple only made the 6 Plus for girls with handbags to put them in. They never actually thought a real man would buy one so if you did, put it in your pocket and it bends. Serves you right.

Apparently not covered under warrantee if you're a man and it bends!

dk

911 GTS Cab
No it's not, be careful! Not sure why anyone would post something like this and risk people destroying their phone, it's 1 minute 40 seconds not 50, those extra 10 seconds could ruin your phone.
I think you'll find that depends on whether you have an 800 watt or a 900 watt microwave.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Love my 6, quite a good upgrade from a 5.

+1

I bring my 5 to the gym every morning to listen to music on and it feels so small and dated compared to the 6! I absolutely love my 6. Brilliant phone. The touch ID is really useful too.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Wow so they are bending now? Bit crap that, didn't the iphone 5 have similar issues?

Sounds like they went tits up after the 4s.

Had the phone since Saturday. Today is the first time I've found the battery acceptable (first day with my usual usage). Not been on iOS for 3 years but I've been finding it a joy to use. I'll give it a couple more weeks before I decide which direction to go and if the battery is acceptable for my use.

DB.

BMW 440i
My battery was at 100% yesterday evening at about 8pm.

Didn't charge it overnight, played on it a fair bit, plaid music out loud on it in the kitchen for half an hour this evening and used it like I used to use my iPhone 5.

I now still have 41%. My old iPhone 5 would have died at midday!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Happy with my 6, a nice upgrade from the 5. I originally wanted the 6+ but on viewing one at the Apple Store I changed my mind, it is huge.

133/225/CLS AMG
Happy with my 6, a nice upgrade from the 5. I originally wanted the 6+ but on viewing one at the Apple Store I changed my mind, it is huge.

I'm the same, very happy with my 6 so far. Just got it all restored from all the stuff on my 5. The size from the 5 to 6 is a nice jump, far more noticeable than the 4 to the 5.

I wasn't fussed by the 6 Plus as I never found the 5 undersized so the Plus didn't take my fancy anyway. Saw it in the shop and it was monstrous, almost ridiculously big. If it's going to be your only i device then I could perhaps get why it could offer the best of the phone/tablet world but as phone it's almost a bit daft.