ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone - Hardware problem

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Well my 3gs has gone kaput, was in work txtin a friend sayin Happy Birthday when all of a sudden everything went slow, it went out of the message and onto the txts screen and everyone i have txted was empty, phone went off.

Put phone back on and it says plug into itunes,

Plug into laptop come up as Hardware fault, :( pi**ed off isnt the word, i just hope i havnt lost my notes, as i had a load of important stuff i needed and cant get them back,

anyone one got any ideas how to fix it? itunes is currently trying to download software to fix it ,

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Try a restore. If not, book a Genius appointment.

If it's out of warranty, it's £129 for a handset exchange.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Its 1year old now,

Thing is i get itunes screen up, so how can that be a hardware fault, its just this screen that popped up when i plugged it into the laptop "saying hardware fault please insert disc"

Genius appointment, closest one is in liverpool, 3 1/2 hours away, i have insurance on the phone though luckily

p.s sorry forgot about the apple chat revels,

Clio Sport 172
Sounds like it's randomly gone into DFU mode....... It's not a common thing but does happen...... If you regularly plug your phone into itunes then your notes will be backed up, every time you sync the phone itunes backs up EVERYTHING, contacts, photos, text messages, recent calls list, settings, notes etc etc....... Chances are when you have restored the phone using itunes it will all be up and running again, I can't imagine it randomly developing a hardware fault. If it doesn't and it is infact a hardware fault, I doubt your insurance will cover it, drown it, then you will be covered, a sure fire way to kill a phone in a matter of seconds is to introduce it to a pint of blackcurrent juice!!! :evil: