ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone/iPod - Car (via phono?)

I'm wanting to hook up my iPod/iPhone to the car, but don't want to spend £100+ on an Audi kit, and don't want an FM Transmitter.

I've found an adapter that will replace my CD changer in the car, providing a PHONO input port.

My question is, if I plug my iPhone/iPod into the PHONO port (using a headphone - phono cable) will the music just play straight through?
I assume it'll act the same way as my amp is set up at home (headphone jack - phono)

I know I won't be able to control the iPhone via the headunit, nor will it charge it, but I only want sound.

This is the kit anyway: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260556835274&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Cheers :)

Looks like what I've pointed to on eBay will do the job, just means sound through the headphone jack, instead of the bottom dock (assume that's fine for sound quality)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yep that will work fine...... PM MTAudio on here as he sells them and may be able to get you it cheaper.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've not used it with my iPhone but have with my iPod on my Clio and the sound is crisp and clear as its a direct connection unlike those FM Transmitters.