ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone iQuestion....

Quick one - I ordered one from CPWH online. Am I still ok to not activate or will they come chasing after accepting T&C's when placing order?

Anyone know?

Thanks

They asked for bank details for a DD but I assume that is for their 'free' insurance. I may just go and buy one in store tomorrow and return this one. Is it definately the case that I should have to give no details or sign anything whatsoever whether I got to CPWH or O2?

Thanks

Citroen DS3 DSport
Let us know what you think of it. Apparently bug ridden but I'm interested to read about it. Not been brave enough to try myself.

Citroen DS3 DSport
They asked for bank details for a DD but I assume that is for their 'free' insurance. I may just go and buy one in store tomorrow and return this one. Is it definately the case that I should have to give no details or sign anything whatsoever whether I got to CPWH or O2?

Thanks

For your o2 contract you will not sign anything in store, the agreement is confirmed online via itunes.

fiesta 1.25
ok so i jailbrake it at home put my sim in and pay my monthly rates wich are like £18 a month.Will o2 not ring and make you sign up for the contract?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
ok so i jailbrake it at home put my sim in and pay my monthly rates wich are like £18 a month.Will o2 not ring and make you sign up for the contract?

no, they wont.
Just do it..

p.s. i just sold one on ebay for £233.33p :)

fiesta 1.25
really i might buy a few

Also im a bit retarded and dont know if i would be able to jailbreak and unlock it dont even know what this means and will it be different software?

Citroen DS3 DSport
It's very easy. No need to register in iTunes, your Jailbreak will take care of that. Don't even use iTunes until you have done that.

VRS
is jailbreaking unlocking it aswel?

you can activate it, jailbreak it and unlock it or do all of them

activating it skips the O2 registration so the phone can be used

jailbreaking allows you to upload your own apps

unlocking it opens the phone to other network sims

andy

VRS
all these options are easy to follow when using ziphone or iliberty+

the best thing is to download which ever one you want to use and have a look at it, makes it a lot easier to understand :D

fiesta 1.25
kwl cheers guys looks a bargain then.What kind of apps can you get?

I would of bought one today but got a wii instead so might wait a few weeks untill i get this now

fiesta 1.25
Apperently there going for £220-250 on the bay ;)

So when i jailbreak it thats it i can download all apps on the phone or do i have to find them on internet and downlod them?

sorry for all the q's ive have a s**t samsung

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
one last question before i buy 5 tomorrow.Can you charge it like a normal phone or it have to be plugged into pc?

It's one per customer, you won't be able to buy 5.

To the post above -

What are you going to do with the phone? Are you going to take on one of the 02 iPhone contracts or use a different SIM?

I used ZiPhone, however I took the option of the £35 a month contract so all I did was Jailbreak it to install 3rd party apps. Therefore my iPhone is officially registered and the Bootloader is still at 4.6, not downgraded to 3.9 which is what will happen if you 'Do It All'.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
ive been busy!

iphone.jpg

fiesta 1.25
one last question before i buy 5 tomorrow.Can you charge it like a normal phone or it have to be plugged into pc?

It's one per customer, you won't be able to buy 5.

To the post above -

What are you going to do with the phone? Are you going to take on one of the 02 iPhone contracts or use a different SIM?

I used ZiPhone, however I took the option of the £35 a month contract so all I did was Jailbreak it to install 3rd party apps. Therefore my iPhone is officially registered and the Bootloader is still at 4.6, not downgraded to 3.9 which is what will happen if you 'Do It All'.

I have o2 contract but dont want to upgrade so ill be unlocking it and activating it to

whats the disadvan?