ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone iQuestion....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
btw isim doesnt work properly unless you pay.simport is beter though.My senfiles didnt work so ive had to make a ringtone file in itunes any otehr ways of putting mp3 as tones?anyone know how to get google apps and also that myebay working?

use itoner

53' 172 Cup
iv tries to use ziphone to unlock my iphone to work with orange but it didnt work and also made youtube stop working. I clicked the Do It All option waited for the phone to do its thing, then wen it booted up again it said no service. wot am i doing wrong?. my firmware is version 1.1.4 btw.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
^^ Gutted. :(

phone 3 and tell them you've broken your hanset and would like to use a non-3g handset until your upgrade time..

they may charge you £10 for a new sim card or might even offer you a new phone!

RS Megane DCi 175
^^ Hmm, does that even work? lol.

Well the existing handset does not but hopefully the 3G version will.

So you're saying the 3G iPhone could work with current 3 network sims? Nice if true. Guess it's a wait and see type thing then.

Astra VXR & Smart CDi
I have an O2 contract at the minute which is due to run out in December, could I buy an iphone and just put in my o2 sim card and stay on my existing contract until December (I figure I can then get a free upgrade come december rather than change contract now and have to wait another 18 months from now)

With that in mind can I connect an iphone to the wireless internet at home and surf the net as I would on my macbook? If so would this cost me lots of money on my phone bill or would it only cost if I were to use o2 as my internet provider ie if I were out of reach of my wireless connection?

Sorry for stupid questions i'm not great on technology.......

(are iphone still available from CPW or o2 as they are showing out of stock online, is it a case of going to a few stores and hoping they have them in??)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think you'll have to check local stores if you want to buy one at the reduced price.

You can use your own sim with your current contract so long as you Jailbreak and activate the iphone. Surfing using your home wifi connection is free, charges only apply when using the o2 data connection.

Astra VXR & Smart CDi
I think you'll have to check local stores if you want to buy one at the reduced price.

You can use your own sim with your current contract so long as you Jailbreak and activate the iphone. Surfing using your home wifi connection is free, charges only apply when using the o2 data connection.

Thanks mate,

So I still need to jailbreak even if using an o2 sim card? any downsides to jailbreaking?

fiesta 1.25
yeh you will still need to unlock it to let it use any sim other than the one purchasded with it.Jailbreaking voids the warrenty but thats about it.its legal too i think

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
you only need to activate it..

unlocking - unlocks to other networks
jailbreaking - opens the phone so you can run 3rd party applications. (which is what you want)

iliberty and ziphone have options to do one or all at the same time!

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Have you restarted the phone? Turn it off and off again.

iPhysics is just an engine to run games in, so you need to download and install games for iPhysics as well.

I've downloaded a couple of games for it, though there isnt many in Cydia?

Tried turning it on and off, and still no joy :(

Has anyone got this working on Vodafone with voicemail notification working? The VM button connects to my mail box fine but I get no alert if someone leaves a VM. I've made sure its selected to 'Text and icon display' in my mail box settings on Vodafone but I get neither, I have to keep randomly calling it!

Thanks

fiesta 1.25
I know a hard way lol.copy a song convert it to acc change start time to 0 and end time to 0.30 drag out of itunes right click it and change the a in the title to r.First you have to make a folder called ringtones in your music-itunes folder.Drag the song back into itunes and it will become a ringtone

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
blue tooth wont work its only for basic things like headset...

for ringtones use ITONER!!! google it and download it!!

fiesta 1.25
8gb are sold out now in most places!
Right one more question?When im not connected to wifi how much is this costing me?Is it worth getting a data budnle?also sometimes im connected to edge sometimes im not what are the differences as i can still go on safari without edge.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
8gb are sold out now in most places!
Right one more question?When im not connected to wifi how much is this costing me?Is it worth getting a data budnle?also sometimes im connected to edge sometimes im not what are the differences as i can still go on safari without edge.

oh dear, erm yeah i would turn it off and get a data bundle!

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I installed SMSD and when I click on it it just looks as if it opens, then closes back to the main screen of the iPhone again.

Anyone else have this?