ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Repair @ Apple Store

Does anyone know if you can walk into an Apple store and get an iPhone repaired? In this case, a smashed rear glass panel on an iPhone 4. Doesn't really sound like something they'd do, but perhaps someone knows for definite?

Clio 172
The rear glass panels are really, really easy to chance.

2 screws at the bottom, slide old one off. Slide new one in, screw it up.

For the tenner they cost on eBay, you might aswell do it.

Apple do it though AFAIK

Yeah I'm cool with doing it, not even my phone, a friend has got me sorting it out for them! Surely those on ebay that are a few quid are going to be plastic or really cheap rubbish... I think you can get an oem (or almost oem) panel from ifixit, but that ships from the states so looking at about £50.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
No worries mate! No I've never worked there but I've taken my phone apart and changed parts on it a million times, because I bought it second hand things kept breaking, ad I've broken 3 screens lol! Let me know how you get on, I've got a spare one you can have, it's got a few scratches on it, it's genuine black one

I mean anyone else that might read this too! lol

Yeah I like a good dismantling too myself. Sent my phone to a repair place, they had it for months and didn't do anything then sent it back scratched and the screws put back in on the wonk... Never again!

FF Clio 182
Does anyone know if you can walk into an Apple store and get an iPhone repaired? In this case, a smashed rear glass panel on an iPhone 4. Doesn't really sound like something they'd do, but perhaps someone knows for definite?

If it is accidental damage then it is not covered under warranty and you will have to pay to have it fixed (Buy a new back off eBay got £4).

For Apple to sort anything you need to book an appointment at the Genius Bar. If you just turn up they won't see you (Learnt from experience)

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
definatley get a cheap replacement off ebay for around £5. it's two screws.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
I mean anyone else that might read this too! lol

Yeah I like a good dismantling too myself. Sent my phone to a repair place, they had it for months and didn't do anything then sent it back scratched and the screws put back in on the wonk... Never again!

Oh that rubbish! Definitely worth working things out and doing things yourself and properly that was my logic haha! Don't trust people with my phone, slowly learning with cars now :)

Clio 172
When a company changed my screen, they rounded off every screw bar 2, so when it eventually smashed again, it was a compete f**king job trying to swap it my self.

Anyway, like said, the back is a complete piece of piss.When ordering the back, try get one with the screwdriver with it. Make sure it's for a 4S, as the screws are torx on the 4S, and hex (I think?) on the 4.