ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone SE 2

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
You'd have thought it would've gone into the iPhone x really?.
Just me?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah my 6 is shagged and the wife still has a 5, there'll be 2 being delivered to ours I reckon.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Great price for the specs, just seems such an old design now. Couldn't go back to not having the gestures etc. but a great upgrade for some.

133T
I’ve got the 8 and it’s perfect for me. I’ll probably get this one when the 8 starts to struggle.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just that design. It was nice at the time but those bezels etc. Just so iPhone 5 looking.

Spec is unreal for that price. Crazy.

I paid £300 for an A1 refurbished 256gb 7 last year as wanted to stick with touch id (upgraded from a 5s)

The SE2 sounds perfect; just change the dollar to a pound sign for the UK, still a bargain!

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
I’d be all over this but after having a 7 plus for 3 years I don’t think I could go back down to a smaller screen

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Nobody will want a reduction in screen size from existing phone and they had to do something with a decent cheaper phone after losing so many customers to android.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
This phone, along with the potential of having Apply Carplay installed in my bima, may well tempt me away from Android.

Having lived within Android all my life, but not being a heavy user (other than using Google Photos to store two decades of media), is that a huge mistake?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
You can still use google photos on the iPhone.

I’m thinking about going the other way next time as the prices for the bigger iPhones are getting a bit out of hand these days.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Still on a 7 and does everything I want it too. Its in mint condition as it went from the box into a case in store. When looking at the larger phones I cant get on with them, even with big hands the new ones still feel huge! At this price and spec has tempted me to move away from a perfect 7 just for the specs of this thing and in a body that feels right at home in the hand. I can see this being an Ace up the sleeve for apple and going on to be a huge seller.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
What advantages are there buying direct from Apple instead of SIM free from any of the other resellers? Are there any?

99% certain I'm going to make the switch, the charging port on my Pixel 2 XL is playing up again, the second time, and I'm out of warranty now so thinking f*** it why not?!

Apple have finally released a phone that appeals to me with this one.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
What advantages are there buying direct from Apple instead of SIM free from any of the other resellers? Are there any?

99% certain I'm going to make the switch, the charging port on my Pixel 2 XL is playing up again, the second time, and I'm out of warranty now so thinking f*** it why not?!

Apple have finally released a phone that appeals to me with this one.

Get to go Apple between year one and two of ownership and they fix and defects on site rather than having to go through Carphone warehouse etc.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Apple warranty is or was spot on.

What are the best deals monthly, and how much are the phones, £400

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Not to turn this into a debate. But my p20 pro for the past 18 months has been spot on. Probably get a good deal now.

Swift Sport
I've got the original iPhone SE, I've had it since they came out. I'm not a tech guy so I don't care about being cool and having the latest thing, so I'm tempted by this new one at that price. My SE has been faultless, even the battery still lasts well.

As said I'm not into phones, so can anyone tell me where this new SE falls in terms of tech... What it does/doesn't do?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I loved my 7. Two years, brilliant phone.

When I'm due an upgrade I will consider this. But as habit goes will try and get a newer iPhone 25 or whatever they are on contract.

If I was like Ste I'd opt for this.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I just couldn't live with that front screen in 2020. The rest offers some brilliant value. I mean the chip alone is going to breeze through the next 3 years at least.

Camera is definitely out the 8. It's been stripped and confirmed. Add in the new processing software it's showing decent quality.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Camera is definitely out the 8. It's been stripped and confirmed. Add in the new processing software it's showing decent quality.

It's on par with the 11 Pro from most reviews and side by side comparisons I've seen. The only thing it lacks is night mode.

I have that on my 2XL, it's super effective but gets used about once in every 200 pictures so I can happily do without.

Thining 'aloud'...

The thing that makes me most nervous about the switch, is that I'll have to re-learn the way I do things. I've been with Google for so long, no thought goes into it whatsoever, I just almost think it and it happens.

My use of Google photos for pictures and videos is my greatest concern...I get unlimited storage at original or very very high quality right now, and I have a smooth workflow to pull things from it for my video productions.

I've just looked into the Pixel 3A, annoyingly that now seems to be a real consideration...but then part of me thinks that I can always go back to Google if the iPPhone thing doesn't work out...and if I don't try it, I'll never know!!!

Hmmmm.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
3a is a good phone. 4a is a month or so away.

I love the 11 pro but I couldn't go back to thAt walled garden where Apple tell you want they want you to use etc. I like my phone to be mine and work best for what I use it for. Apple can't do that.

I don't think you moving will be a big deal in fairness. Not for what you use it for. What price is a 3a these days @MarkCup

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's on par with the 11 Pro from most reviews and side by side comparisons I've seen. The only thing it lacks is night mode.

I have that on my 2XL, it's super effective but gets used about once in every 200 pictures so I can happily do without.

Thining 'aloud'...

The thing that makes me most nervous about the switch, is that I'll have to re-learn the way I do things. I've been with Google for so long, no thought goes into it whatsoever, I just almost think it and it happens.

My use of Google photos for pictures and videos is my greatest concern...I get unlimited storage at original or very very high quality right now, and I have a smooth workflow to pull things from it for my video productions.

I've just looked into the Pixel 3A, annoyingly that now seems to be a real consideration...but then part of me thinks that I can always go back to Google if the iPPhone thing doesn't work out...and if I don't try it, I'll never know!!!

Hmmmm.

Dont be daft Mark you’re an adult with a brain not a robot.

People can argue all they want about which is better. They’re so similar these days because one copies the good features from the other, if you can use an Android you can use an iPhone and vice versa. They’re designed to be easy to use not to scare potential punters off.

I must have switched between iOS and android as my phone about 7 times now and it’s almost like a habit to avoid getting too sucked into a given ecosystem now.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
@gally

The 3A is £329, XL is £399.

Home screen live widgets is also a thing I think I'll miss. I like not having to open or switch between apps, what I want to see, notes, calendar, messages, is just there permanently.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Dont be daft Mark you’re an adult with a brain not a robot.

People can argue all they want about which is better. They’re so similar these days because one copies the good features from the other, if you can use an Android you can use an iPhone and vice versa. They’re designed to be easy to use not to scare potential punters off.

I must have switched between iOS and android as my phone about 7 times now and it’s almost like a habit to avoid getting too sucked into a given ecosystem now.

Yeah, fair point.

This post alone may have sealed it for the SE.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
One more thing (lol) @MarkCup

If you’re not overly committed to a phone OS, which I don’t think you are. Consider that you say you’re committed to keeping that car for another few years.

Even old iPhone and CarPlay beats flagship Android and no AndroidAuto every day of the week.

Clio 197
3a is a good phone. 4a is a month or so away.

I love the 11 pro but I couldn't go back to thAt walled garden where Apple tell you want they want you to use etc. I like my phone to be mine and work best for what I use it for. Apple can't do that.

I don't think you moving will be a big deal in fairness. Not for what you use it for. What price is a 3a these days @MarkCup
But who was jailbreak? Granted this can't be jailbroken (yet) but it opens up a world of different features.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Something about iPhones I really like and miss.

But I would highly recommend the p20/30/40/probably 60/70/80 due soon too.