ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone vs all - Gadget Show

Clio 182, Astra Sri
It's not for me to create, apple have enough staff to test the phones and keep for personal use. If I'm going to pay £600 for a phone isn't expect to be testing it for their benefit to perfect a mass selling gadget, I expect it to be finished

Didn't want an argument lol, was just giving my opinion

It's not for me to create, apple have enough staff to test the phones and keep for personal use. If I'm going to pay £600 for a phone isn't expect to be testing it for their benefit to perfect a mass selling gadget, I expect it to be finished

Then take it back?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
It needs voice data to get better.

The Siri UK advert doesn't show anything that you can't do in the UK.

It is in fully working order :rolleyes:

But when I ask it a question and it replies with "I'm sorry, Ivan only answer that question if I'm in the USA" or whatever it says that tells me I'm not able to get full benefit yet

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Theres always one.

I won't take back my opinion, and I stand by what I've said

I'm not an apple fan boy, so I'm not gonna act like everything is great lol

Edit: I misunderstood your post

I bought it mainly so it will hold more value than my previous phone, so that when the five comes out I won't have to put so much towards the upgrade

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
An apple fanboy is just someone who used apple products before you did.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Don't think I'm being un realistic.

It works like that for the other countries.

I disagree with the fanboy comment, ha an iPod classic for over five years and am lost without it, and ha an iPad for a few months and loved it, now I have an iPhone which I great, but not quite there yet with its included features.

Like I said, jut my opinion

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Yeah, it ain't good at typing either lol, mainly down to user error, but autocorrect has a mind of its own haha

Listerine & Poledo
If SIRI can't give me the lottery numbers for the weekend after I buy it and answer all my test case questions then it's going straight back for a full refund

Wow, really takin it out of proportion now

Not really. You just have massively unrealistic expectations about a cutting edge piece of software that can't get better without testing amongst millions of people. You could either learn from the debate and concede that we are correct, or you could back-pedal by pretending you were misunderstood.

FFS you can't even buy a regular old video game without it needing to be patched several times once the data is collected. HTF did you expect Apple to perfect Siri before you got it? Lock Steve Jobs in a room with it for 20 years?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Not really. You just have massively unrealistic expectations about a cutting edge piece of software that can't get better without testing amongst millions of people. You could either learn from the debate and concede that we are correct, or you caould back-pedal by pretending you were misunderstood.

FFS you can't even buy a regular old video game without it needing to be patched several times once the data is collected. HTF did you expect Apple to perfect Siri before you got it? Lock Steve Jobs in a room with it for 20 years?

siri-ous question then...

why have america got the location services and we havent? if we need to beta test siri then america must have to too?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
siri-ous question then...

why have america got the location services and we havent? if we need to beta test siri then america must have to too?

Exactly my point

Asking for the same Siri features as he USA is not having high expectations

Listerine & Poledo
what are these location services?

Is it essentially voice-controlled Google Maps? If so, then it wont take long given that I've got that on my SE Play

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
how am i being stupid?

just because im not a tech geek who knows how evry bit of an apple device works doesnt mean im stupid, me asking the question is something to help further my learning, if you dont want to give me an answer dont reply.

i simply want to know how can america have the full use of siri at the moment and we have to deal with a beta version. just because you may know the answer to that question doesnt make you better than me just makes you arogant who seems to have the orange name gone to his head!

a genuine reply from someone who is willing to teach me somethign would be nice!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Exactly my point

Asking for the same Siri features as he USA is not having high expectations

Siri uses Wolfram Alpha in the US, I believe, for locations etc.

Here in the UK I am guessing they'd need to sort something similar.

BUT, its also in Beta testing in the USA, NOT just the UK. Its not a "finished" product and will always improve as time goes on. Its still quite new, give it some time and be happy with it. Even now, even though its in BETA, it is f*cking amazing!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Siri uses Wolfram Alpha in the US, I believe, for locations etc.

Here in the UK I am guessing they'd need to sort something similar.

BUT, its also in Beta testing in the USA, NOT just the UK. Its not a "finished" product and will always improve as time goes on. Its still quite new, give it some time and be happy with it. Even now, even though its in BETA, it is f*cking amazing!

Jeez! :banghead:

thanks for explaining that.

im happy with siri as it is, it can only get better imo. its a great addition.

i was just wondering how its diffrent in america when its the same phone

If you can't feed yourself without some sort of help I suggest you've bigger problems than your grasp on technology and how it works.

how am i being stupid?

just because im not a tech geek who knows how evry bit of an apple device works doesnt mean im stupid, me asking the question is something to help further my learning, if you dont want to give me an answer dont reply.

i simply want to know how can america have the full use of siri at the moment and we have to deal with a beta version. just because you may know the answer to that question doesnt make you better than me just makes you arogant who seems to have the orange name gone to his head!

a genuine reply from someone who is willing to teach me somethign would be nice!

641ba62d.jpg

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I'm talking in principle, if others can, why can't I... Etc, really hope the rest of this forum website isn't like this

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Asking Siri to find something that is near my current location is practically combining maps with google search, I'm not saying I can program it to do that, but the combination of the two would allow it to do many things.

Siri has huge potential, and the main point is all of the potential is just software based. So as it's developed more, (hopefully) the 4S will always be able to keep up with the latest developments.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
It does have huge potential, I never said it is never going to be good, just for ME it's not good enough yet, eagerly awaiting new updates and features

Mercedes
I actually couldn't live without Siri now it's amazing for what i use my phone for, Reminders, meetings, diary, texts, calling people. I don't need to know where my nearest restaurant is or anything else that Google cant do for me.

Honda. Tesla Someday
thanks for explaining that.

im happy with siri as it is, it can only get better imo. its a great addition.

i was just wondering how its diffrent in america when its the same phone

Same phone, yes, but linked to services. Right now, like I said, Wolfram Alpha in the US. I'm guessing a similar UK alternative would be something like Yell.com etc. Time will tell, but seeing as they've openly said its in BETA, nobody should expect a finished polished 100% working product.

Hope this helps :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Same phone, yes, but linked to services. Right now, like I said, Wolfram Alpha in the US. I'm guessing a similar UK alternative would be something like Yell.com etc. Time will tell, but seeing as they've openly said its in BETA, nobody should expect a finished polished 100% working product.

Hope this helps :)

ive not said i was expecting it to work 100% merely curious as to how the US have more usages with it. i doint ever expect it to be 100% finished polished product as they will always be adding more things for it to do

like i said i think its great, and i have no doubt itl get better. nothing wrong with knowing a bit more about something tho. hence i asked :)

Listerine & Poledo
They're not THAT open about the beta nature of Siri, unless I'm just not scrutinising their TV adverts close enough.

Could make for a fun ASA complaint against Apple