ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone vs all - Gadget Show

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Very surprised it had the longest battery life. The others must be shocking.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No they were fairly sensible tests. Not exactly scientific but sensible.

Yellow 197
The battery on my 4s is doing my head in im having to charge it at least twice a day and then all night aswell! I've tried to turn everything off, never use wifi, any advice as to what else I can turn off?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The battery on my 4s is doing my head in im having to charge it at least twice a day and then all night aswell! I've tried to turn everything off, never use wifi, any advice as to what else I can turn off?

Have you updated to IOS 5.0.1?

My 4 did 3 days standby and 5 hours of use on a charge recently. Never had an issue with the battery in any of my iPhones. In fact my original handset did 5 days standby in Thailand. Granted I wasn't using it.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
mine lasts 4 days with wiffy and bluetooth off, few pics/texts/calls.

2 days with wiffy and bluetooth on and a bit more use.

Personally I couldn't care less if the Nexus is twice as good. My digital life, contacts, pics, music etc. etc. etc. is well and truly tied into my Apple devices, account, and iCloud. No way I could start using a non-compatible handset.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Currently own a 4s, had a sgs2 before and loved it

If the sgs2 had the same quality of iPhone apps it would be perfect

Listerine & Poledo
Personally I couldn't care less if the Nexus is twice as good. My digital life, contacts, pics, music etc. etc. etc. is well and truly tied into my Apple devices, account, and iCloud. No way I could start using a non-compatible handset.

Good god, it's like Roy's trapped in the Matrix!

Except it's a wipe-clean, clinical-white matrix, where p0rn is banned and the agents wear turtle necks.

I'll be trying a 4s out when upgrade rolls around, I've been Symbian & Android so far, so it makes sense to give it a fair crack.

Currently using an Xperia Play, and as much as it's good, I ever use the gaming bit so it's just a fat X10.

LOL but SRSly. All my Apple devices sync my digital life perfectly. Everything that matters, is secure, easy to use and seamlessly accessible from any of those devices. To switch to another handset now would be quite an issue I think. The iPhone would suddenly have to be really bad for me to consider changing. The Apple software (Lion & iOS5) is so good, and works so well together, that I really don't need anything else.

Small example. I brought my bins back in last night because it was getting so windy there was a risk of the contents being spilled all over the street. I set a reminder on my iPad to jog my memory in the morning that I need to take them back out before the bin men come. Left iPad on sofa. Went to bed. This morning my iPhone wakes me and reminds me to take the bins out. True story FYI.

It's the software and the integration that makes Apple devices, not how much RAM they have.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Siri is a disappointment so far though, really not pleased with it yet. Vital update needed.

It needs to have ability to launch apps, or even the option to teach it what certain phrases should do, should be able to do complicated google searches, and be able to find places of certain interest nearby when questioned etc (for example "where is the nearest Chinese takeaway")

Should be standard stuff really ha

Honda. Tesla Someday
Siri is a disappointment so far though, really not pleased with it yet. Vital update needed.

It needs to have ability to launch apps, or even the option to teach it what certain phrases should do, should be able to do complicated google searches, and be able to find places of certain interest nearby when questioned etc (for example "where is the nearest Chinese takeaway")

Should be standard stuff really ha

Its still in BETA here.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Why sell it if it's not in fully working order yet, British adverts portray that Siri is fully working.

Think it should be more clear

Why sell it if it's not in fully working order yet, British adverts portray that Siri is fully working.

Think it should be more clear

I think you may be underestimation the extreme complexity of writing and debugging software like that. Without public beta testing, it would probably never be perfected. People take too much s**t for granted these days IMO. How would you go about turning high and low voltages into something that can intelligently answer you when you ask it if you will need an umbrella when you go out?

It needs voice data to get better.

The Siri UK advert doesn't show anything that you can't do in the UK.

It is in fully working order :rolleyes: