ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone vs i900 omnia

330Ci (Fail)Sport
A good review here:

http://www.mobilegazette.com/samsung-omnia-i900-08x06x10.htm

Anyone compared the Omnia direct to the iphone themselves?

The Omnia has better camera with flash, zoom and video mode, flash for net browsing and divX support.

But any thoughts if these are enough to tempt away from the amazing ease of the iphone?

The X1 will be adding more competition soon as well.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
they might have better features and cameras etc... but none work as well an an iphone! its just so simple my mum got one and she is useless with phones, she can use it, even worked out how to download games lol, she loves it...

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Yeah, just no faulting the ease of the iphone, i'm always playing on my mates one, effortless.

Flash should be coming soon, according to some forums etc, but no divx and s**t camera abilities are a bit of a downer.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i have an iphone and i've used the omnia for a couple of days, IMO the omnia doesn't touch it.

touchscreen is absolutely s**t by comparison and that was pretty much all i cared about.

For your benefit though, functionality wise it's pretty good but the menu system is a little slow ...again all IMO.

omina has a gay charm thing for the stylus. And being windows mobile you kinda need it as the "ok" button is really tiny.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
i have an iphone and i've used the omnia for a couple of days, IMO the omnia doesn't touch it.

touchscreen is absolutely s**t by comparison and that was pretty much all i cared about.

For your benefit though, functionality wise it's pretty good but the menu system is a little slow ...again all IMO.

Cheers, good to have a comparison. What's the video quality like on the omnia?

omina has a gay charm thing for the stylus. And being windows mobile you kinda need it as the "ok" button is really tiny.

Sound crap that. Don't know why you'd want a stylus, touch is so easy now days.

i wouldnt expect a new iphone till q2 of 2009 atleast...

new iphone? not heard anything on this.

Meg 230 f1
just got an iphone today and I have to say they are really good just the layout of it is great, I had a armani samsung phone and the touch screen was crap didn't respond half the time

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
video on the omina is good, on the iphone is doesn't even exist unless you jailbreak and then it's ok..

330Ci (Fail)Sport
video on the omina is good, on the iphone is doesn't even exist unless you jailbreak and then it's ok..

you can record video once jailbroken?

just got an iphone today and I have to say they are really good just the layout of it is great, I had a armani samsung phone and the touch screen was crap didn't respond half the time

i900 is totally pants girlfriend had it for a week and now shes getting an iphone, end of.........

i love the iphone and would defo be getting one if the camera was better and had video/zoom.

Clio 182
Messed around on both and have to say that the Omnia is crap, difficult to use the touch screen without the stylus...............

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I cba to use a stylus at all. Not convenient.

There's talks of a new or additional iphone for 2009 but also windows mobile 7 for next year which should work similar to iphone OS. Fed up of waiting for things as they're all out of date so quickly normally but I'm in no hurry atm.

Audi S3 225
got my iphone yesterday and jailbroke it staright away cant get enough of it, ive gone application mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!