ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Wi-fi problem (no internet access)

Well f**k it. An iPhone with no internet is pointless. I'll probably go back to my old Samsung. At least that's small. Why on earth does it put a tick next the network when it's clearly not connected. Sh*ite phone.

Update :D

I have now tried every possible solution contained within the entire internet, and is still doesn't work. Even with it 'connected' static, and all the info entered, it still doesn't work. I'll be trying it out on a third wi-fi network later just as one last hope. If it doesn't work, which it won't, I'll be ordering one from 02 and there will be a "iPhone vs. bread kinfe" pic heavy thread following shortly after.

Thanks again for everyones help.

FFS. New summary.

1/ Running 1.1.4 for months on end with my router and other peoples.
2/ Wi-fi fails with friends router.
3/ Wi-fi fails with my router.
4/ Upgrade to 2.2.1 still no Wi-fi with my router.
5/ Wi-fi perfectly fine with my old mans router.
6/ Reset my router to factory default - still no wi-fi.

Could this be a DNS problem with my ISP?? It's seriously getting on my breasts now. Google brings up loads of results regarding my router and the iPwn, but it probably would with any router name. In any case it always worked fine, including after a router firmware upgrade some weeks ago. I need to get access to another wi-fi network. I wonder if the bint next door could spare a cup of sugar :evil:

buy a new router.

I have no reason to think the router is at fault though, mate. It's always worked before now. My laptop and PS3 are both ok through wi-fi, and The Beast v3.5 and the x360 are both fine wired. For some bizzare reason, just the iPhone now doesn't work...or with my mates network! I guess I'm going to have to get a new router but I'm gonna be pissed if it still doesn't work - and I don't think it will. I fear the problem could have something to do with my ISP (DNS) so now I need to start researching that side of things more.

One thing I do now know at least, is that my iPhone is a fully functioning jailbroken and unlocked 2.2.1. I still want the 3G and/or the next model, but I don't think either of those will fix my wi-fi issue here.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
My mates started doing ths yesterday...

He connected to Wifi in McDoogles in the morning without issue then came round to mine and tried connecting to my wifi (got the unable to connect to ***** error). He connected last week no problem and my iphone works fine as does my flat mates itouch.

We tried a master reset as well as switching the unit on and off. oddly enough his iphone picks up the router but non of the network configuration data is populated :S

It's a major ball ache. I simply don't have the networking skills to diagnose it. There are hudreds of similar stories around the internet. Some people find fixes with suggested solutions, and others don't. Then the threads die with no resolution for the people still having problems.

Bizzare state of affairs TBH. My latest plan is to try and downgrade my router firmware, if I can find any suitable.

I had this once, wouldn't connect for s**t. Plugged it into the charger and it worked!

Still it sometimes takes a while to connect and often, doesn't at all.

Motherf**ker. Finally got it working with static IP settings. Turns out the router was issuing a completely bogus IP over DHCP, which I had been using in the static fields too That's not really how I wanted to roll. Still, at least it works, after a fashion. Testing testing 123 etc.

I want a 3G one now on a data plan (02) so I can spam Cliosport in Sainsburys.

Must wait for the new machine though...

I'm going to be outside queuing up with my I <3 Apple t-shirt on to get one on launch day.

I think I want a white one this time if they do 2 colours.

Google is really sucking for me today. Does anyone know which source I need to install to be able to find Winterboard?

Neurox Leopard FTW. It was always my favourite theme in 1.1.Poor.

Glad to get it back. Thread over. Thanks for all the help trying to solve the wi-fi s**t.

Yeah it is, I was searching in it, but couldn't find it. Then I realised it's on the Cydia home screen in some place or other.

Clean & crisp IMO. I don't like the chaved-up themes. It's like putting aftermarket lights on your car and expecting them to look better than the originals. Subtle OEM Apple style FTW.

I always liked Phiberglass though. Neon Standard was also cool but a bit pikey.

Very true.

I have about 25 different folders of icons and change them around. Will get your one later and have a change about.

DCi
Motherf**ker. Finally got it working with static IP settings. Turns out the router was issuing a completely bogus IP over DHCP, which I had been using in the static fields too That's not really how I wanted to roll. Still, at least it works, after a fashion. Testing testing 123 etc.
can you narrow the range of IP's your router issues so it only issues ones the iphone will accept

depends on your network and i dont think i have fully understood the problem either.

It was a 169 IP. Suggesting something pretty wrong with the DHCP. I'm not sure if it's an iPhone fault, a router fault, or a combination of the two.

EDIT: to clarify - the iPhone made up its own IP because it can't get a response from the routers DHCP server. Bizzare since it's been working previously. Anyway it's been fine with static IP so far :)

Last edited: