ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone wont end calls! Why?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone ever experienced this?

I make a call, it looks like normal but just doesnt do anything, doesnt ring. I tap end call, normal screen again saying call ending.

Then it looks like the screen freezes.

I then press the home button and the top strip is green as though the call is still conected and hasnt ended, even though it didnt conect in the first place.

I have to turn the phone off and back on everytime this happens.

Last edited:

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Happened to me many a time, both on my 3GS and my 4S. Eventually it ends, but no idea why it does it.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Thats what i feel like doing! Wtf is it? Had it over 12 months too so cant even go to the apple store

Black Sheep
It is so annoying. Mine was cutting out during calls also. And yes I had mine for 12 months. Put up with it for a long time till I snapped.... during an important call. Not had any problems with my iphone 4, touch wood. Was going to wash my hands of the apple brand whilst owning the 3g.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
It is a 4. It also cuts out during the call, call is still conected but the other person cant hear me. Piece of c**t what it is

AK, no havnt restored it? Tbh my laptop is broke and was crap anyway, but now wont turn on so cant reatore or il lose everything. I need a mac book pro thing but cant afford one at the mo

AK

M240i
It is a 4. It also cuts out during the call, call is still conected but the other person cant hear me. Piece of c**t what it is

AK, no havnt restored it? Tbh my laptop is broke and was crap anyway, but now wont turn on so cant reatore or il lose everything. I need a mac book pro thing but cant afford one at the mo

Ah try Press and hold home and power button till it turns itself off and on.

Black Sheep
Ah try Press and hold home and power button till it turns itself off and on.

Thats how I had to switch it off and on cause the whole thing crashes and freezes. Annoying is an understatement, I know the op's pain well and true.:mad:

Bus w**ker
Jailbroke? Used to happen to me on JB 4.3, never had it on vanilla 5.X.

It can only be a software fault, so a restore as a new device and then dump your backup on over the top would be my suggestion - after trying a reboot and doing a full backup first.

Bus w**ker
Backup to iCloud, reset all settings, reactivate OTA and restore from iCloud?

(Note I've never done any of the above, just a guess)

500bhp Scoob
my iPhone 4 does this when my signal level is very low, I put it down to the signal dropping out whilst making a call. Same as when I get cut off whilst on the phone, and it says Call failed, it takes around 20 seconds for that to happen