ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod connectivity with factory fitted head unit...?

Renault Clio 182 Cup
I have a Clio 182 54reg and would like to know if its possible to connect a lead into the back of the factory fitted head unit so I can play my ipod through it???

If not i've tried the iTrip and they're crap so any other ideas would be great ;)

Thanks,

Theo

You need a connects2 adapter. There are 2 available, one that is just an aux in adapter and one that has full ipod functionality.
Speak to MTAudio in the traders section, he'll sort you out.

Edit: You'll need to become a member to access the Traders section.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Theo,

As Fubar says, speak to Matt at MT Audio on here (when you become a full member! ;)) I bought my unit through him and had it resting in the central cup holder section for a while.

Then later, a mate of mine who's handy with wiring and a soldering iron made the cable that goes from the Aux port on rear of the head unit, much longer. This enabled me to run the cable behind the dash and at the rear of the glove box, there's a small plastic panel that you can pop out. I cut a small nick out of the edge, passed the cable through and clipped the plastic panel back in place - the small nick I made, not crimping the cable in anyway.

The iPod is now out of sight and work perfectly with the standard 182 stalk controls. However, mine only works with iPods - it doesn't properly work with iPhones. When conencted to an iPhone, it doesn't charge it and it has a weird issue of skipping tracks or completely going back to the start, halfway through a track.

Whether or not there's a newer version of the adapter that supports iPhones, I'm not sure.

D.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
anyone know if it's the same with the standard 172 head unit (02 plate),? really want i-pod in mine