ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod dension install - PLEASE HELP!

renault clio 182
Hi, Ive recently installed a dension icelink plus in my clio 182. However, when I switch off the ignition it loses all of the settings. There is a free wire hanging (black with a yellow connector) Ive heard that this should be connected to the 12v live but it looks like an audio cable. Has anyone installed one of these in their car or have any idea what the problem might be? Thanks.

Recaro + Cupped 182
I couldnt find anywhere to put that one so left it lose and havent had any probs. as for memory, id say you need to update the firmware on it. I havet done this myself, but there will be plenty about it on there website im sure.

read the instructions if its loose its loose for you to connect it,more than likely to permanent live

Last edited:
  A4 Avant & A3
I've got a denison in my car & never noticed any stray wires???..
i just plugged it into the cd changer socket on the back of the HU & jobs a good 'un

think that wire of yours needs plugging in somewhere.. sorry thats of no use what so ever :)
hope you suss it out

or it could be that your permanent and igniton are the other way round so it isnt saving because the permanent on the dension is connected to your ignition if you get me

dCi 100
Do you loose all setting or only the SOUND LEVEL one?

If so, you need to ask Dension for the 4.15 firmware :)

Cheers!

1.2 16v Mk 2 Ph 2 Extreme
4.15 firmware fixed my memory problem. If you bought from ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk they will supply you with the latest firmware. Raise a support ticket with them. Dension support are useless.

Anyone have alternator whine and know how to get rid of it?

renault clio 182
Cheers for the help...Unfortunately dension seem to have lived up to their bad reputation! I raised a ticket and was sent the 4.15 firmware but msn wont download it because it says there's a virus in the file!

Does anyone know if I can download it elsewhere?

With regards to the whining problem, I've got that too! I'm going to have a look for some solutions, I'll post back if I find anything. Cheers

renault clio 182
Dension - an apology!

I must apologise for my hasty remark about dension! Once I let them know that I couldn't get the file through msn they were more than helpful in helping me to obtain the file and letting me know how to install it. If you have any problems with your dension, raise a ticket through their support page and you should get all the help you need.