ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod in 182

172 Cup
I am sure there is a tread some where on this topic but icant seem to find it! Whats the cheapest/best way to have an ipod going through the standard head unit? Have seen a kit in Trashfords for £70 but it has a bloody ugly control unit! Any other hints? can you just plug in a AUX cable?

Cheers

Tom

RS Clio 182
Nope there is no AUX input.
Cheap option is something like an iTrip FM transmitter but you won't experience the full benefits of your iPod
Personally (and it was the option I went for) is to change your H/U - Standard Renault H/U is rubbish IMHO. I went for Alpine iDA-X001 which is made for iPod and its outstanding (Full control of your iPod through the H/U etc). Cost £279 including fitting and that was through ...... Halfrauds :)

Renaultsport Clio V6
Picture220.gif

Pic of mine so there was no confusion about the model. Will the lead work with this, really want my walkman to work in the car.

Renaultsport Clio V6
No it wont, have checked.

Is there any other way of conecting a diffrent lead setup. can the multi changer conection some how be used?