ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod Nano 1st Gen recall

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
did you not know about the battery issue? stories of them asploading while syncing lol

keep hold of yours... wait till everyones got rid of theirs then sell yours for a shed load of monies as a 'mint, un-fire-damaged original' :)

don't listen to me though... i'm still waiting for pokemon cards to raise in value :(

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, I'd love to keep hold of it but it's far, far from mint!

Yeah Tom, have heard conflicting reports that say you get a refurbed 1st Gen back and others suggesting it's replaced with a new one. I imagine they'll get rid of their 1st Gen stock and then move onto newer models or start refurbishing the returned ones to send out again.

Regardless, a new battery in itself will be nice. It'll actually hold its charge!

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I'm waiting for my box to send mine back to them. Mines in really good condition and i still use it daily in my car, but, its not costing me anything and my mum read that it could be anything from a re-con 1st gen to a newer model one you get back so its worth a shot lol.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
No they send you a box to send it back to them lol.
They aint having my nano box, thats still mint! I'll just chuck it in a bag, that way if i get a mint nano back, i have a mint box too :D

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
did you not know about the battery issue? stories of them asploading while syncing lol

keep hold of yours... wait till everyones got rid of theirs then sell yours for a shed load of monies as a 'mint, un-fire-damaged original' :)

don't listen to me though... i'm still waiting for pokemon cards to raise in value :(

O/T but I sold mine for close to £500 last month lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Crazy? Really? Like really really?

I have the FULL original set in mint condition. Every energy, potion, trainer and everything!

Where/to who?

Oh and Kane, send me one? I need a nano for the running, badly!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

I have the FULL original set in mint condition. Every energy, potion, trainer and everything!

Where/to who?

Thats only worth around £50 mate

I had 11 full sets of them lol

I gave all my Pokemon cards away, ffs. I had some pretty damn rare ones too...

On topic though, I also have one lying around and have put my details in. Looking forward to see what model I get back. (mine is that fooked though, it'll only fully turn on when connected to a power source - my girlfriend has it constantly hooked up to the sound system in her car [my first 1.2 Clio])

Where/to who?

PM me your address mate, I think one of them works.

They are 2nd gen I think.

Last edited:

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Found a really old one & entered info sending me a box so will see what we get?

Revels Mum & Sister
Few people have posted and you get a Shiny looking Gen 1 iPod of the same capacity. I case they reshell and replace the battery. You will not get a new one.

However you get a new Gen 1 pretty much

BMW E46 330i Touring
Did it come just in the post normally, or was it Recorded / Special Delivery?

I missed the postie yesterday and it was something Special Delivery. I'm not sure what it was!

2014 Focus Titanium
Sent mine off last week after receiving a packet from Apple to put it in. Looking forward to seeing what I get back!

Revels Mum & Sister
Was not aimed at you mate! Bit further up someone saying they wonder what they will get back. It would make no sense to send out new 8GB iPod Nano's to a LOT of people when they can send out a refurb Gen 1 iPod.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My assumption was based on there being an issue with the 1st gen design.

Obviously there isnt.

My assumption was based on there being an issue with the 1st gen design.

Obviously there isnt.

I understand there was an issue with the batteries burning out or something. My battery lasts about an hour now so it's certainly had it! Apparently some can split and burn though?!?

Was not aimed at you mate! Bit further up someone saying they wonder what they will get back. It would make no sense to send out new 8GB iPod Nano's to a LOT of people when they can send out a refurb Gen 1 iPod.
I would never expect to get a new one lol. Will they have enough Gen 1's to go around though? Which is why I wonder whether we'd get a Gen 2-3 etc...

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Mine's on it's way back I've just checked it. It was received on the 9th, fixed on 9th and sent back on 9th. So they must just give you another one, will find out when it gets here, shouldn't be long now.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Im sure I have two old nanos in the drawer, one at least, burning of them has been opened up, I'm guessing they won't replace ones that have been opened ?

As said above the gen 1 nano is the dogs ;)

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC

https://selfsolve.apple.com/repairstatus/main.do

you should have made an apple id to be able to send the ipod.
Click on the right hand side where it says sign in (then sign in ofc).
Then the screen will come up showing your case number, product id and the status
smiley1.gif

If theyve just chucked another one back in, it best be in as good a condition as mine was, it had hardly any scratches on and was kept in a silicone case nearly all the time from new