ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod Nano to Aux-In; Not Happy!

Clio 197
Ello!

I've installed a 3.5mm to phono jack cable on my headunit, so that I can plug my Ipod Nano into my headunit when I want to.

Now this is a quality cable... however it is on the thick side. I've used it with my Mini-Disk "line out" and it's been fine!

I've noticed a problem when I plug the nano into it, and that is, the volume. The volume is quite low, despite the Nano being on full blast.

I've already checked the Nano's AVLS, and it's set to Max.

There is no "line out" as such, BUT I would have thought that the headphone output would be more powerful than a "line out" anyway!

Is this nano just a feeble little machine, or is ther some way of increasing the "line In" volume on the headunit?

The headunit is a Sony MEX-R1 BTW.

Love, Oms!

1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
There's normaly an SLA on on the head unit (source level adjuster) to raise or lowere the volume of the aux etc so its the same voloume as the FM radio. I've gotta agree with you, I just got an ipod video and the volume out is really shite when you plug it into an aux input, whether uve got the volume limiter on or not.