ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod to Car - simple cheap option?

Simple question.

I want to play the tunage on my iphone through my 182 (with the tuner update head unit).

I don't need it to charge, I don't need to control it through the steering wheel - I just need a simple cable to play the music through - link me up :)

ph 2 172
fm tuner less than 20 notes mate works for me and the wife......... Try ebay, halfrauds, maplin makro......... This list is non exhaustive lol
Plugs in to iphone and sends music to stereo via fm. You simply tune stereo to desired frequency and there you go.

Tom i have my last aux input for tuner list left at £32 delivered which is digital quality,you'll just lose the cd changer if you have it connected

172, Tiguan
Can't remember the guy's name (floriddaz?), but he used to sell leads for £12 posted.

Crappy work hire car
If it's cassette get one of those tapes with the cables, works much better than those FM transmitters as there's is very little free air space left, so you inevitably get some crossover! Mine is bloody useless except for the USB port it came with so I can charge my Iphone

Clio 172 cup
leave transmitters well alone. Their bandwidth is so bad and reduces quality. A wire is all you need. AUX to phono, should cost you about 50 p off ebay...

MkV Golf R32
I wouldn't mind a link between the update list hu and my iphone. However, would like to keep most if not all steering wheel controls.

I'm rubbish at what wires are what, does anyone have any decent links that sort me out?

Sorry to hijack, but saves starting a new thread.

aux in cables start from £12,if you want to have one that uses the stalks you need a converter,connects 2 adapter same as above £32 delivered,once this one goes,£35 delivered for cliosport members

SQ5
£12 for an AUX cable! f**king hell! How big is your mark up!

If you don't want your lead for the CD player you can just cut it and solder a mini jack lead onto the correct pins. You'll find the pins out by looking at a pic of it somewhere on here

no,this needs to be fooled into thinking a cd changer is present,the update list unit has the function of a true aux in function on the headunit

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Is it possible to connect an iPhone to tuner list while keeping the cd changer? I'd also want it to charge and control the ipod using the stalk controls.

yes,dension do a kit then you have to buy a cd chaner retention lead-your looking at £180+ not worth it in my opinion

will control volume but not track changing

that price is including the retention lead for the dension kit
i do sell it but if you will get the same functionality as the proper ipod connection that are available from connects 2,pm me for a price,youll need an additional part in order to allow you to charge the iphone