ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod touch 4g

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Screen was cracked and ipod was still working. the screen was replaced and now it is not working anymore. itunes doesnt even detect it.

for anyone working at apple, can apple tell if the screen is genuine or not?

i know they cant tell if it has been opened if it was done carefully by someone who know what they are doing, but are there any identifying marks on a genuine screen?

the screen looks imacculate and it looks just like new. if i took it in and said it doesnt turn on would they swap it out for a replacement on the basis it looks like a hardware fault? sureley they would have no reason to take the ipod touch apart to check this?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
ive had it next to another ipod touch 4g and they look exactly the same. its absolutely perfect. cant tell by just looking, and my hope is because it cannot be detected on a mac or pc on itunes and its unresponsive when plugged into the wall that they will stick it on diagnostics and then tell me its a hardware fault and swap it out without ever opening it up.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
the whole thing doesnt turn on. as in its dead. doesnt turn on doesnt boot doesnt display apple logo wont go into dfu mode, nothing. its completely dead. think the board was crushed when the pissed fart sat on it.

Oh, best thing to do is just take it to apple and if they find out just say you bought it off a mate or w/e and they must have done it.

They'll plug in it. Diagnostics will say it's a dodgy screen. Will probably notify them at this stage that it's not genuine but if it doesn't, they'll realise when they take it apart.