ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is a decat pipe worth the hassel?

Clio Sport 182
Been thinking about getting a decat pipe. But are they actually worth the hassel with having to swap them over at MOT time and such?

And as a second point, what decat would you go for? Ive got a miltek cat back on my 182 if that makes any difference.

Cheers Dolby.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd get a yozzasport decat. On a 182 it's worth it if you're not bothered by the insurance issues. Very quick to change a decat, unlike on a 172.

Nothing at the mo :(
only thing that puts me of is insurance... might aswell not have insurance cause its not gona work if ya crash

clio 182
the cat on a 182 is 200 cell so really its sports cat, i have de-cat on mine with a yozza, just the sound really you can notice

Fabia vrs tdi
i got a decat fitted few days ago, sounds great and can notice better power at low revs, only took 5 mins to fit so easy to swap back for mot

dont declare it on insurance if u cant afford it and just dont crash

Fabia vrs tdi
well im sure plenty of people on here dont declare things, i tell the insurance about everythin being 27 its fine.

i have only just found out about the discount on sky which sounds good to me but my insurance doesnt run out till Feb2010

Clio 182 BG
the cat on a 182 is 200 cell so really its sports cat...

is it really a 200 cell cat?

i´ve got the KTR ultra sport zorst, want to change to the KTR sports cat or the decat pipe.

but if the original cat has only 200cells it doesn´t make sense or?

Been thinking about getting a decat pipe. But are they actually worth the hassel with having to swap them over at MOT time and such?

And as a second point, what decat would you go for? Ive got a miltek cat back on my 182 if that makes any difference.

Cheers Dolby.

Once a year you have to swap them over!

You're just being lazy. :rasp:

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
Definitely worth the hassle mate, you'll love it.

Would go for the milltek decat though tbh. It matches the milltek system perfectly and is second to none for quality. I have tried the system with other decats and they don't even compare!

Dodgy one
I've got an older k-tec one on my milltek sounds better, But ive not noticed a performance increase, Its worth it for the bangs though when youve just fired it up from cold lol.

I just told the insurance its got a complete aftermarket exhaust on, Never said a word and was no charge :cool: Passes the MOT too...;)

320d
It is a grey area. I've got a full exhaust system declared on my policy. At present i've got a cat. Considering a decat atm though.

Peugeot 306 D Turbo
probably be crucified for brining up a very old thread but...
does anyone have a guide to show me as I am buying a 182 soon and the seller has told me it comes with a decat pipe but it is not fitted as he found it too loud. I would like to know how to fit it purely to test it out, and if I dont like it, will just sell it on.

5 minute job even for an idiot? Any pics to help would be :)

Lionel Richie
^i'd give you an hour princess

the tricky bit is getting the "C" clamp off, you need to bend it open, just ave at it

b/g 182, meg tourer
hi dolby.
i personally wouldn't bother with a decat. i had one a while ago. it is a bit of a pain changing it for mot, and sometimes the joints dont seal properly when changing it then your left with a blowing exhaust etc. and you have to replace the mani to cat donut pretty much every time. and the bolts sometimes rust.

b/g 182, meg tourer
what about just emptying, the original cat, would that work? be any difference?

in theory yes... but what if you need the cat for mot time?
also, a decat is full bore (straight through) and the back end of the original cat restricts flow slightly (smaller diameter)

R53 Cooper S
decat ftw!! mines passed it's mot with it on no probs, also declared on insurance (wether they know what this means or not is another story);)