ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is an anti-roll bar necessary with a full 6 point cage?

Just a simple question really. I understand an ARB is to stop body roll under fast cornering, but if I have a full 6-point cage and rear strut is it going to be worth my while of using one? I'm on a limited budget so don't want to spend more than I have to.

Getting the cage for made for almost free from a friend. When I say I'm on a budget I more-so mean that I'd rather not spend more than I need to, but at the same time buying an ARB wouldn't be an issue at all really.

I dont see the link, the cage stiffens the shell a little and reduces flexing of less than a couple of mm.
The ARB controls spring wheel movement of ~75mm
Whether you need one is a personal preference, having fitted it I wouldnt be without mine, but it's not linked to having a cage in any way IMHO.

PH2 172
Getting the cage for made for almost free from a friend. When I say I'm on a budget I more-so mean that I'd rather not spend more than I need to, but at the same time buying an ARB wouldn't be an issue at all really.

There is a fair bit of flex in the rear beam,as I discovered when checking tyre clearances after fitting 205`s & 10mm camber spacers.
With the suspension removed,I jacked up the RH wheel into the arch till it topped out,and the LH wheel was hanging about 50mm lower.
Have added ARB to my to do list.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Rear strut brace does absolutely nothing. Only thing to help keep beam straight is a strengthening kit like pms do or to take cage through the floor to pick up the beam like Tom Johnson has done on his build.