ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it game over for my exhaust?

172 Cup
31052007163Medium.jpg

Started getting louder the other day and today it broke like a french stick, any chance of a repair? looks like its still the original one so it lasted 33K.

Or it is time to get a phat up zorst? :rasp:

Common problem, could probably be sleeved and/or welded up depending on where it's broken. I'd just get a new one the OE ones dont last and weigh a ton not to mention being too quiet.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Mine went like that too...Pro-speed stealth all the way!!! ;)

But then I am biased! :approve:

172 Cup
Right, just had a play with it and the whole backbox has snapped away, I cant seem to get the back box to come away from the rubber bracket- is it possible to re-use? or shall i just cut the rubber away and get a new mount too?

You need to undo the bolt that goes through the centre of the rubber into the bracket to remove the box from the car.

172 Cup
Cheers guys, tried to undo the bolt but i ended up snapping one of the rubber bits anyway so i just cut it off.

meh

Polo GTi
Mine did that too, got it fixed cheap as

There is a nut on the other side of the rubber bit, you cant just pull it off